Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 4, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #1,486 of 8,213
When are we going to see the new module? And with which specifications?

If this is the point of this player, it should have being released together with the player.

Aug 4, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #1,487 of 8,213
When are we going to see the new module? And with which specifications?

If this is the point of this player, it should have being released together with the player.
How long ago was it released ? You think thats enough time to enjoy the stock set up ?

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #1,488 of 8,213
How long ago was it released ? You think thats enough time to enjoy the stock set up ?

+1 I'm glad they didn't release an extra motherboard right away as it's given me time to get to know and enjoy this dap. I love the stock sound and am worried they won't be able to top it. Does anyone know what sort of sound the pcm1792 is likely to give?

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #1,489 of 8,213
Here did someone demo the T01:
I heard the DEMO of this motherboard as early as 4.26 when I visited the Kaiyin factory, but today it is the official version. The new card is different, the sound style is different from A01. The transparency of the T01 sound, the sense of space and the layering are more distinct. It is quite different from the warm and mellow MF of A01, and the bass speed and transient performance are better. Of course, if you are mainly vocal, and listen to some music that emphasizes the thickness and fullness of the sound, A01 is more suitable. However, earplugs are still the key.

1B26D7D8-456F-4FFC-BC21-2C42FC5EEAE0.png

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #1,490 of 8,213
+1 I'm glad they didn't release an extra motherboard right away as it's given me time to get to know and enjoy this dap. I love the stock sound and am worried they won't be able to top it. Does anyone know what sort of sound the pcm1792 is likely to give?

Well, I just got DHL notification about the package from Cayin arriving tomorrow :wink:

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #1,491 of 8,213
Here did someone demo the T01:
I heard the DEMO of this motherboard as early as 4.26 when I visited the Kaiyin factory, but today it is the official version. The new card is different, the sound style is different from A01. The transparency of the T01 sound, the sense of space and the layering are more distinct. It is quite different from the warm and mellow MF of A01, and the bass speed and transient performance are better. Of course, if you are mainly vocal, and listen to some music that emphasizes the thickness and fullness of the sound, A01 is more suitable. However, earplugs are still the key.

Earplugs are always the key. Wait, say what?!? :D

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #1,493 of 8,213
Well, I just got DHL notification about the package from Cayin arriving tomorrow :wink:

Nice looking forward to impressions. I've often wondered if the first new motherboard was going to make the N6ii sound like the DX228.

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #1,494 of 8,213
Nice looking forward to impressions. I've often wondered if the first new motherboard was going to make the N6ii sound like the DX228.

Dual PCM 1792 was a DAC of choice in the original N6 design. Coincidence? :wink:

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #1,495 of 8,213
Having already got (and still use) the Cowon P1 dap, which already has the pcm1792a dac (albeit only a single chip), I wonder if I can bypass this first new motherboard?
Not having anywhere to demo the new board in the UK, this might be a difficult decision - purely from a saving cash point of view.
@twister6 - I can't remember if you ever did a review on the P1 dap or if you still have it to compare?
Anyway - who am I kidding - I will probably end up getting it anyway.....

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #1,496 of 8,213
Having already got (and still use) the Cowon P1 dap, which already has the pcm1792a dac (albeit only a single chip), I wonder if I can bypass this first new motherboard?
Not having anywhere to demo the new board in the UK, this might be a difficult decision - purely from a saving cash point of view.
@twister6 - I can't remember if you ever did a review on the P1 dap or if you still have it to compare?
Anyway - who am I kidding - I will probably end up getting it anyway.....

Sorry, never heard P1. But I do have the original N6 and really curious how it will compare to N6ii with new PCM1792 card. Original N6 is certainly brighter, crisper, and more revealing.

cayin_n6ii-x19.jpg

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #1,497 of 8,213
Sorry, never heard P1. But I do have the original N6 and really curious how it will compare to N6ii with new PCM1792 card. Original N6 is certainly brighter, crisper, and more revealing.

Any news on the amp stack they are pairing with the dual-DAC 1792a? Will it be the same as the A01 motherboard, or are they changing that as well?

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #1,498 of 8,213
Plenue S used the 1792a chip as well as I think. In any case eagerly awaiting early impressions @twister6 :)

Also, is there any idea when this new card will be available in North America for sale and approx what it might cost?

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #1,499 of 8,213
Any news on the amp stack they are pairing with the dual-DAC 1792a? Will it be the same as the A01 motherboard, or are they changing that as well?

Good question, I will make sure to ask them.

Plenue S used the 1792a chip as well as I think. In any case eagerly awaiting early impressions @twister6 :)

Also, is there any idea when this new card will be available in North America for sale and approx what it might cost?

Not sure about availability, MusicTeck probably will have more info. Regarding the price, I will let Cayin announce it officially, just in case if it's not finalized. But it's lower than I expected.

Aug 5, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #1,500 of 8,213
Well, the cat is out of the bag when we announce our v1.5en firmware because the first item under "New Functions and System Optimization" is adding system data and user-interface to support forthcoming Audio Motherboards.

We'll announce T01, the new Audio Motherboard on 8th August 2019, immediately before the Hong Kong High-End Audio & Visual Show 2019 (9-11 August), and we shall make both A01 and T01 installed N6ii available for audition in the Hong Kong Show. This the international debut of T01 Audio Motherboard and let's hope some N6ii users will be able to visit this show and share their impression with everyone here.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back