Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 31, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #1,457 of 8,197
I just finished doing exactly that (though I held down the power and play buttons) and the system rebooted. Everything's peachy now. It's probably a software issue, which can be worked out. Thankful it's not a hardware issue. Back to enjoying this amazing player with my Z1R.

Was it getting overheated before it crashed (if you were playing DSD or other lossless)? But either way, sounds like something related to sw or maybe some app you recently installed?

Jul 31, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #1,458 of 8,197
Was it getting overheated before it crashed (if you were playing DSD or other lossless)? But either way, sounds like something related to sw or maybe some app you recently installed?

No it wasn't very warm. I haven't installed any apps-- all I use is Cayin music. I think it was just a minor bug and I'm sure it will be sorted in later FW releases.

Jul 31, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #1,459 of 8,197
Had something similar, but only once. Resolved it by holding down the power button for 30 seconds, which seemed to trigger a hard reboot. No issues since. Keep us informed!
Happened to me once and I tried the hard reset thing and it worked.
Today it froze again when I opened the USB Audio Player app. Apparantly, there was a WiFi connection issue and the app went into a loop trying to connect to net to login to Tidal. Had to restart the player. The software is a bit shakey it seems.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #1,460 of 8,197
Happened to me once and I tried the hard reset thing and it worked.
Today it froze again when I opened the USB Audio Player app. Apparantly, there was a WiFi connection issue and the app went into a loop trying to connect to net to login to Tidal. Had to restart the player. The software is a bit shakey it seems.

Have you reported this to Cayin?!?

Aug 2, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #1,461 of 8,197
Aug 3, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #1,463 of 8,197
Just wondering if this might be a problem others off our board might have reported.

Mine wouldn't power on once without a long power button press, this is quick charge circuit safety feature apparently. Its only done this once though no problems since.

Its early days but my battery checker app still has the battery health at 101% too.

Aug 3, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #1,464 of 8,197
Awesome combo

Fotor_156483853193899.jpg

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #1,469 of 8,197
Thx for this , great written . I think I need this in my life too :)

Yes, you might. Solaris is great but Z1R is a level up imho.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #1,470 of 8,197
new owner of cayin n6ii and I dam love this dap, finally a great android dap

on my trip to honk kong I had so many choices, either buy a new AK dap, or any other dap that is totl, and after I auditioned all daps, cayin n6ii ticks all boxes, as I wanted a great sounding android dap, and that is easy and fluid to use.

I bought so many gears from Hong Kong, and I love the cayin with all my new purchases
- noble khan
-sony ier-z1r
- denon 9200
-64audio tia trio
-qdc fusion
-final make1

I had a blast in Hong Kong auditioned all the amazing gears yes but my wallet suffered

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back