Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 24, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #1,426 of 8,213
did u try aaw canary, khan, jomo trinity brass, tia fourte, 64audio u18t and did any of these impress u

also which store in hong kong gives best discount ( DMA, Jaben, Lets go audio )

I think I can help here. I have Solaris, Kahn and Hyla TE5B. For me the best sinergy is with solaris. Kahn sound weird in N6ii in my opinion. Te5b hit hard with his amazing bass.

Jul 26, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #1,427 of 8,213
Announcement of Cayin Universal V4.47.0 USB Audio Driver (For Windows 7 and above)

Introduction

Using DAP or DAC as an external sound card to enhance the performance of your computer facility is one of the common practice among CAS users, the process is fairly straight forward if you are using Linux or OS X based computer systems because these devices support USB Audio Class 2.0 natively. Unfortunately, a majority of Window-based system will require a device driver to fully explore the potential of Hi-Res audio. Depends on the system they are using, the driver installation process can be more tedious than expected, especially after Microsoft implemented the Driver Signature Enforcement practice.

74oo1ZI.jpg

As user experience becomes an indispensable part of a modern sound system, Cayin has taken the need of our customers seriously and developed a proprietary USB Driver for all Cayin USB-based products.

KneT9TG.jpg

A new experience at your fingertips

The advantages of Cayin Universal USB Audio Driver are:

1. The device driver can install like any regular application, there is no need to connect the audio equipment to the computer facility in advance (with exception of Windows XP system).

2. Once installed, Cayin USB-based products that supported by the same USB Audio Driver will become a plug-and-play device with your Window-based facility, there is no need to switch to another driver when you change your Cayin equipment.

3. The driver is designed to explore the full potential of your Cayin USB-based audio equipment.

Please visit Cayin's official website for downloading the v4.47 driver and the installation procedures.

https://en.cayin.cn/down1/show?id=13567

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 26, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #1,430 of 8,213
It will be great if I can sort music in Playlist or my favorites

Jul 26, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #1,431 of 8,213
Has anyone tried to root the Cayin N6ii? I was wondering if I can use ViPER4Android on N6ii after rooting the device.

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #1,433 of 8,213
I'd be really, REALLY afraid of Bricking my $$$ player!

I have the same fear so checking if it can be done with relatively lower risk.

Jul 30, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #1,435 of 8,213
This player has an amazing battery life when used in transport only mode. USB C > COAX > Hugo 2.

Six hours playback is consuming around 10% battery when playing FLAC from uSD so by my estimate > 50 hours should be possible.

Even playing Qobuz over WiFi seems to be getting similar battery life.

I expected battery life to be good but not this good.

Jul 30, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #1,436 of 8,213
This player has an amazing battery life when used in transport only mode. USB C > COAX > Hugo 2

DAC and amp sections of modern DAPs are really power-consuming, and they are not used when DAP is working as a digital transport, so battery life will noticeably improve indeed

(I know, it's an obvious comment, but actually, it was surprising for me, when I first met that. Moreover, recently I was surprised that many modern DAPs working for 20+ hours transmitting via Bluetooth)

Jul 30, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #1,437 of 8,213
DAC and amp sections of modern DAPs are really power-consuming, and they are not used when DAP is working as a digital transport, so battery life will noticeably improve indeed

(I know, it's an obvious comment, but actually, it was surprising for me, when I first met that. Moreover, recently I was surprised that many modern DAPs working for 20+ hours transmitting via Bluetooth)

Agreed, I was wondering too if the supply to the A01 Audio Motherboard is actually completely switched off when using the DAP in transport mode, making it much easier to achieve the the excellent battery savings.

Jul 30, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #1,438 of 8,213
Went to Canjam London with the Meze Rai Penta as one of the main things on my 'must listen-to' list. With my own sources (Pioneer 300R & Questyle QP1R) they were good, but not as spectacular as I'd hoped they might be based on reviews... Then I noticed they were demoing them with a Cayin N6ii & thought I'd give the combo a spin out of curiosity... Wow. Stunning - a case study in how much of a difference good synergy can make.

Jul 30, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #1,440 of 8,213
Went to Canjam London with the Meze Rai Penta as one of the main things on my 'must listen-to' list. With my own sources (Pioneer 300R & Questyle QP1R) they were good, but not as spectacular as I'd hoped they might be based on reviews... Then I noticed they were demoing them with a Cayin N6ii & thought I'd give the combo a spin out of curiosity... Wow. Stunning - a case study in how much of a difference good synergy can make.

Yep I think it's overlooked too often. People get into the player or the headphone and want one or both to be the do all, end all. I cannot repeat enough how important matching appropriate components is. I've heard expensive headphones sound terrible with brand x DAP, and sound ethereal with brand z DAP.

Synergy, synergy.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back