Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 21, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #1,397 of 8,196
guys, it may seem a frivolous matter, but I wonder why after the firmware update, when connecting my N6ii to Ifi iDSD BL, it no longer shows "USB Audio" in Cayin Music like previously. Did I trigger any configuration that causes this?

Jul 21, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #1,398 of 8,196
Really enjoying this dap, but I have two questions...

1. Is there a screen protector alternative that I can buy from Amazon that will require minimal cutting to fit the N6ii? The stock protector won't stick and it is driving me crazy.

2. One thing I miss from my Sony Dap is the ability to sort by "Hi-Rez" files, which I thought was a terrific way to quickly find my 24-bit and DSD files. I miss this feature. Is there a music app out there that allows this? Most only have buttons to sort by folder view, artist, album, song, composer, year, genre, etc, but sadly, not file type or hi-rez options. I really thought Neutron would allow this with their vast customization options, but don't think this is the case.

Thanks!

Jul 21, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #1,399 of 8,196
Really enjoying this dap, but I have two questions...

2. One thing I miss from my Sony Dap is the ability to sort by "Hi-Rez" files, ....

Thanks!

You always can make 'Hi-rez', or such-like, a genre unto itself for th files on the portable, to be able to zero in on them quickly

Jul 21, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #1,400 of 8,196
Hmm... interesting idea. So I would use mp3tag to update all my high resolution files with a genre of "Hi-Rez", which I could then select under the genre sort category of any music app. This wouldn't be that time consuming. I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

Jul 21, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #1,401 of 8,196
Well I was a happy camper, enjoying my dx200 with amp 8 mod , thinking about just adding amp 9 to the collection.

Since reading so many good things about N6ii and also loving so much how it looks and also realising how future proof it could be, I am thinking about selling my iBasso :thinking:

Will this ever end? Of course not :blush:

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #1,402 of 8,196
Enjoying this @MezeTeam @Cayin combo! Thanks again to @PhilW

B0ADF1F8-EF74-4281-8704-65F6F1527A76.jpeg

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #1,408 of 8,196
Well I was a happy camper, enjoying my dx200 with amp 8 mod , thinking about just adding amp 9 to the collection.

Since reading so many good things about N6ii and also loving so much how it looks and also realising how future proof it could be, I am thinking about selling my iBasso :thinking:

Will this ever end? Of course not :blush:

Nope....never.

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #1,409 of 8,196
Hi guys, for the drain battery issue. I think its the same issue with the latest firmware that Hiby R6 had. I have turn off the wifi and bluetooth and unplug the headphone but the devices still turn very hot and it drains drastically like something still running in the background. However, in the hiby forum, the solution is to allow all permission for google play store and google play services (for cayin, I also allow all permission for google pinyin input). I have tried this with N6ii and so far 8 hrs has passed with the device in standby mode (wifi and bluetooth off) and the percentage only drop by 1%. The devices also not become hot.

Hope it can help you guys for the battery issue.

I also managed to made custom screen guard from other handphone sg with hydrogel and it fits perfectly with n6ii (i made the custom using screen guard for handphone oppo F11 Pro)

Love it the n6ii so far.. Btw, related to MQA issue, I can still play the MQA file using UAPP.

Thanks for this! I was shocked this morning to find that my N6ii battery had drained from 95% to 55% overnight with airplane mode on. When I looked at the battery usage, sure enough, it is google play services that had drained my battery while running in the background. I just enabled all permissions for this app, and toggled the setting under battery usage that is supposed to limit the apps background activity while not in use. Hopefully this does the trick!

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,410 of 8,196
Thanks for this! I was shocked this morning to find that my N6ii battery had drained from 95% to 55% overnight with airplane mode on. When I looked at the battery usage, sure enough, it is google play services that had drained my battery while running in the background. I just enabled all permissions for this app, and toggled the setting under battery usage that is supposed to limit the apps background activity while not in use. Hopefully this does the trick!

It should. On that note the battery life on this device is incredible. I'm getting over 13 hours/charge on high gain playing flacs and DSDs (with minimal screen time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back