Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 6, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #1,126 of 8,192
@Andykong Any chance of adding a feature whereby you can disable the pulsing white home button whilst charging?

Also, how is the scheduled power off supposed to work? I set it to 10 (which I’m assuming is minutes), and left the player untouched (and not playing), for 10 minutes at which point I’d expect it to power off? It didn’t so I’m just wondering if it’s a defect or I’ve misunderstood the feature?

Thanks

It is not defeated, the background task from Google Service and maybe third party app you have installed has stopped the player to enter idle condition.

We have a feature called idle shutdown in our previous Android DAP N5ii/N5iiS, if you turn it on and set it to, for example, 15 minutes, it will power off the DAP when the DAP entered idle status for 15 minutes continuously. It works very well on domestic version firmware but the result is mixed with International firmware and Google Service is root of all these problem. The Android 8.1 is even worst when come to control the Google Service alerts and Comm calls. Google keep "looking for" status update (or should I said sending our request for update) in Oreo and stop the device from entering idle status.

We spend sometime on this topic try to rebuild our Idle Shutdown feature, failed for the moment and we'll revisit the topic sometime later, there are other bugs and requirements that deserve a higher priority right now, hopefully a new firmware will release very soon.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 6, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #1,127 of 8,192
@Andykong
What about MQA support in this dap?

Not in foreseeable future, we have worked with MQA on one of our existing product and the process takes much longer t hen expected. We'll wait and see before we commit another product to MQA licensing.

Jul 6, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #1,128 of 8,192
The next audio motherboard?

This is 3.5Pro version of A01, a new balanced IEM format proposed by China domestic market, we didn't expect this will get any real usage outside China, so we didn't mention this to oversee customer so far.

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #1,131 of 8,192
Jul 6, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #1,132 of 8,192
It's the best player I've ever used.

I've read that it's mainly for when you're using an external DAC...is there a point in using it when you're not? Is better that much better than the stock Cayin Music app (which I kind of like)?

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #1,134 of 8,192
If you like the stock app then why look for another, if you change your mind though give it a try.

I dunno...always tempted by the prospect of better sound...but if it's main selling feature is being used for an external DAC then I really don't need it. I checked out Neutron Player and it's user interface is a nightmare so that one's a no go.

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #1,135 of 8,192
If you like the stock app then why look for another, if you change your mind though give it a try.
Ha , more one reads the more one questions.

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #1,136 of 8,192
I dunno...always tempted by the prospect of better sound...but if it's main selling feature is being used for an external DAC then I really don't need it. I checked out Neutron Player and it's user interface is a nightmare so that one's a no go.
That is not its main feature. Well another can write it is and thats just an opinion worth nothing. Once you try it then you will have your opinion which is worth nothing to others.

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #1,137 of 8,192

I wouldn't expect better sound from an app, if it's not doing anything bad they should all sound the same. I just like it alot because it's the best UI I've used and it's good for bitperfect mode with external DACs as well and great eqs.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #1,138 of 8,192
Its really good but not really portable due to size. Its not small as I would like. Soundwise can compete with desk top amps. The Hum 4.4 is nice and small.

Masskobo 404? what version? I have tired their XLR4 version with N8 as source, a very powerful and high quality "transportable" setup if you like the sound signature of Masskobo.

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #1,139 of 8,192
Masskobo 404? what version? I have tired their XLR4 version with N8 as source, a very powerful and high quality "transportable" setup if you like the sound signature of Masskobo.
424 , uses 4 AA batteries. Can fit in mini fanny belt and walk all over HK.

Jul 6, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #1,140 of 8,192
We just finished evaluating Hydrogel screen protector and will start the procurement process, this will take a while because changing to hydrogel will involve buying new installation machine and develop new mold. When everything is ready, we'll provide extra Hydrogel screen protector to our dealers so that existing customers can collect the new screen protector for free (well, postage required).

good to know you're going to provide it for free for existing users. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back