Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Sep 10, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #5,026 of 8,192
Got my new Cayin N6ii with E02 today. Playing very well with my 64 Audio Nio. With the Dunu Hulk cable I get audible hiss with the Nio, but I put a HiBy Impedance Adapter in-between and it's golden. Also, got the T01 board, but haven't taken the time to listen to that yet. I've got time........
My nio doesn’t hiss .. with the e02 .. neither with t01 .

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #5,028 of 8,192
Which cable are you using? I've used 3 different Cayin N6ii's with the E02 and every single one had the hissing with the all copper cable I'm using in the 4.4mm jack on streaming 192khz music.
Cant speak to the E02. But with the E01 and the nio, I also hear no hissing. I am fairly sensitive to it and with the same board definitely could hear hissing with my solaris 2020 and andromeda gold when I had them even though others would say they couldnt or that it was minimal.

So, maybe you are just more sensitive to it, but I just thought I should jump in with another data point to say no hissing with the E01 and Nio, at least for me.

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #5,029 of 8,192
Which cable are you using? I've used 3 different Cayin N6ii's with the E02 and every single one had the hissing with the all copper cable I'm using in the 4.4mm jack on streaming 192khz music.
64 Audio premium silver cable . I’ve heard from another user before while steaming , nio would hiss . Can you try some flac files ?

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #5,031 of 8,192
64 Audio premium silver cable . I’ve heard from another user before while steaming , nio would hiss . Can you try some flac files ?

N6ii w/E02 in high gain with Nio and silver cable - dead quiet even playing the intro of Agnes Obel "The curse". And no hissing when idling either.

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #5,033 of 8,192
Any hissing with Empire Ears Odins? The waterfall noise on the Hiby R8 is annoying me to no end with violin sonatas.

Edit: Can you provide feedback on balanced and unbalanced?

I have E02 plugged in now, so can only provide feedback on balanced with Odin, and it is less than R8 but still there. But to my ears it is faint. Can't hear it with any "busy" tracks like EDM, pop/rock, top40, etc. With instrumentals, like intro of The Curse, it is there but at a low level and when I have volume lowered.

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #5,034 of 8,192
I have E02 plugged in now, so can only provide feedback on balanced with Odin, and it is less than R8 but still there. But to my ears it is faint. Can't hear it with any "busy" tracks like EDM, pop/rock, top40, etc. With instrumentals, like intro of The Curse, it is there but at a low level and when I have volume lowered.

*ah never mind, you mentioned it thanks

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #5,035 of 8,192
Anyone with sensitive IEMs (using 4.4mm) that use N6ii? Which module would you recommend? I have Odins, the Hiby R8 hissing is bothering me and I may switch to N6ii.
64audio Tia Trió with E02 no hiss

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #5,036 of 8,192
I currently have the E02, E01 and A01 board, as well as the Lotoo Paw S1 (and I had the P6K for a spell this summer)...all of these I demoed extensively with my Solaris SE and Andro 2020. To test for hiss I would turn the volume down to zero and press play..this finally allowed me to detect the hiss present with the E01, as I typically have a very hard time noticing it when a track is playing, even for quiet pieces...though now that I've isolated it I do detect it a wee bit here and there. In terms of hiss with Andro and Solaris A01 and PS1 are dead silent with both. E01 has a touch of hiss, and E02 maybe a minute amount more. The P6K has notably more hiss and combined with its tuning which is more neutral than the S1 I found it a less than ideal source for my two Campfire IEMs. In terms of what my favorite source for each is with Solaris its unquestionably the E02. I fell in love with the S1 for a bit, enchanted by its black background and ever so musical leaning. However switching back to the E01/E02 after using the S1 or a while I find I still prefer their more liquid and dynamic presentation...and this despite the fact there is a bit of hiss. With Andromeda it's a bit more complicated. I had long since a/b'd my way to becoming convinced that I prefer both Sabre boards to the A01 with Solaris and I expected the same with Andromeda...however I find that A01/Andromeda pair up has a particularly nice synergy to it and I'm currently on the fence about which n6ii board I prefer with it. (It might not matter anyway as I may be listing my Andromeda soon.)

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #5,038 of 8,192
I'm still waiting for my silver cable; I guess that will come at some point. Anyway, the hiss only appears on 192khz files. If I stream anything in the 44.1khz or 96khz category it's fine. It's really not an issue though because the impedance adapter works beautifully and doesn't change the sound. It does however allow me to play at high gain with mid-level volume so it leaves plenty of room for volume steps for fine tuning.

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #5,040 of 8,192
My video review is up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back