Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Sep 8, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #4,996 of 8,192
Since the last update I understand that the HiBy music app now supports MQA. Does this mean that it can now connect to and stream music from TIDAL?
Yes it does. People have had one or two teething problems that will hopefully get ironed out in the next firmware upgrade. But it kind of works. I have a problem with a lag in the switch from eg 96 kHz to 384 kHz which means the track starts, then has a half second gap while the switch happens. Kind of annoying.

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #4,997 of 8,192
Cayin produces exquisite packaging. I recently purchased the Cayin CS-30CTR cable. Here are the specs for this cable taken from the Cayin site:
  • Type-C to RCA Coaxial Cable specially designed for Cayin DAPs
  • High performance low loss high bandwidth 75ohmn cable
  • Double Shield for interference free connection
  • 24K gold plated RCA connector
My aim is to connect my Cayin N6ii via its USB-C port to my integrated amplifier's digital coaxial input. Bearing in mind that there's literally just two pins connected on this cable, just look at the presentation. It's like a work of art - almost like a piece of jewellery!

bs4NjVB.jpg

GbgYQL8.jpg

mVutL3J.jpg

bIQax6J.jpg

VNsluby.jpg

That's impressive packaging and presentation.

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #4,998 of 8,192
Yes it does. People have had one or two teething problems that will hopefully get ironed out in the next firmware upgrade. But it kind of works. I have a problem with a lag in the switch from eg 96 kHz to 384 kHz which means the track starts, then has a half second gap while the switch happens. Kind of annoying.

Where in the HiBy music app can I enter my TIDAL credentials? I can't find where to do this. The TIDAL app itself works fine, but I was hoping that the Cayin HiBy music app would connect to my TIDAL account for streaming (like UAPP does).

Sep 8, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #4,999 of 8,192
Where in the HiBy music app can I enter my TIDAL credentials? I can't find where to do this. The TIDAL app itself works fine, but I was hoping that the Cayin HiBy music app would connect to my TIDAL account for streaming (like UAPP does).

I think the previous person who replied to you misunderstood your question. Cayin N6ii was certified to support mqa unfolding in hw when using Tidal app or playing standalone MQA flac files. HibyMusic app was not updated to function as UAPP. Unless there is some secret hidden feature :D

Sep 8, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #5,001 of 8,192
hi, i've charged my cayin n6ii e02 all night yesterday, this morning it simply did not want to boot, nor charge. anyone has a clue what happened? i used a normal samsung charger.

really REALLY hoping my n6ii e02 didn't die from charging.

Don't use Samsung charger :D Samsung uses their own proprietary FastCharge tech while Cayin is compliant with a standard QuickCharge. Get one of those smart Anker chargers from Amazon, never an issue. With Samsung charger from my Galaxy phone I had the same problem with N6ii, thought I was charging it overnight while instead it drained the battery and I couldn't boot it up in the morning.

Sep 8, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #5,002 of 8,192
Don't use Samsung charger :D Samsung uses their own proprietary FastCharge tech while Cayin is compliant with a standard QuickCharge. Get one of those smart Anker chargers from Amazon, never an issue. With Samsung charger from my Galaxy phone I had the same problem with N6ii, thought I was charging it overnight while instead it drained the battery and I couldn't boot it up in the morning.
after around 3 or 2 hours of struggling i found a charger that revived my n6ii e02. thanks fren !

also, do you plan on doing a dx220max review/comparison with n6ii e02? wondering about that dap

Sep 8, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #5,003 of 8,192
after around 3 or 2 hours of struggling i found a charger that revived my n6ii e02. thanks fren !

also, do you plan on doing a dx220max review/comparison with n6ii e02? wondering about that dap

If you get to the point where it is dead and you can't revive it, plug your DAP to usb port of laptop and let it sit for an hour or two. If the battery is not dead for real, it should come up. I already finished and published my MAX review where I compared it to some other flagships. Sorry, no plans to compare it to N6ii/E02, it just two different daps in different price and performance brackets.

Sep 8, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #5,004 of 8,192
I have an issue when playing some songs since I got the E02 board. Sometimes the first second of a song is skipped and the song actually starts with that first bit missing. It therefore ruins the intro and is pretty annoying. It doesn’t happen on every song and I cannot see a pattern to it, but it happens enough that I would like to solve it. Does anyone else have this problem and can it be corrected?

Sep 8, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #5,006 of 8,192
I have an issue when playing some songs since I got the E02 board. Sometimes the first second of a song is skipped and the song actually starts with that first bit missing. It therefore ruins the intro and is pretty annoying. It doesn’t happen on every song and I cannot see a pattern to it, but it happens enough that I would like to solve it. Does anyone else have this problem and can it be corrected?

Can you check to see if this is happening on a sample rate change between songs?

Sep 9, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #5,007 of 8,192
Sep 9, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #5,008 of 8,192

It could be another bug from the FW update. @Andykong any ETA on the next FW update to address these issues? For me the N6ii is totally unusable now. Luckily I have an R8 coming in a couple of weeks, which leads me to think that I would probably sell my N6ii. I don’t see a point of keeping something that’s unusable.

Sep 9, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #5,009 of 8,192
It could be another bug from the FW update. @Andykong any ETA on the next FW update to address these issues? For me the N6ii is totally unusable now. Luckily I have an R8 coming in a couple of weeks, which leads me to think that I would probably sell my N6ii. I don’t see a point of keeping something that’s unusable.
My issue was before the firmware update. I noticed it when I changed from A01 to the E02. I just hadn’t posted about the issue until now.

Sep 9, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #5,010 of 8,192
My issue was before the firmware update. I noticed it when I changed from A01 to the E02. I just hadn’t posted about the issue until now.

Ah I see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back