Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Dec 4, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #2,898 of 8,192
Mine never had issues like that hmmm

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #2,903 of 8,192
Yes .. was dead around 5-10 mins .. now everything’s fine again .. but it’s strange .. it wasn’t hot .. not even warm .. dunno . I hope this don’t happens again

I didn't following the discussion in detail because I am in Guangzhou preparing an audio show starting tomorrow, but I have a feeling that you have entered safe mode of Qualcomm CPU, once that happened, the player will freeze completely, you can't even wake it up by connect it to a charger. You need to press the power on button for 15 sec to wake the device up from safe mode.

Search safe mode in this thread or Google Qualcomm safe mode for more information.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 4, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #2,904 of 8,192
I didn't following the discussion in detail because I am in Guangzhou preparing an audio show starting tomorrow, but I have a feeling that you have entered safe mode of Qualcomm CPU, once that happened, the player will freeze completely, you can't even wake it up by connect it to a charger. You need to press the power on button for 15 sec to wake the device up from safe mode.

Search safe mode in this thread or Google Qualcomm safe mode for more information.
Can this happen during normal playback ? Screen wlan all off .. was a flac file .

Dec 4, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #2,905 of 8,192

But when I think about it , the player was on my pocket , maybe I pressed the power button that long by accident.. will see if it happens again :) thanks for the answer

Dec 4, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #2,906 of 8,192
But when I think about it , the player was on my pocket , maybe I pressed the power button that long by accident.. will see if it happens again :) thanks for the answer
I have had the N6II in my pocket and that button was pressed , then while walking the dap sliding in pocket changed the song that was on.

Dec 4, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #2,908 of 8,192
On the menu you can disable the external buttons even the volume wheel when the screen is off....

Dec 4, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #2,909 of 8,192

I have had the N6II in my pocket and that button was pressed , then while walking the dap sliding in pocket changed the song that was on.

I had once my N6ii in a Dignis Borsa and pulled it in and out but didn’t know when it accidentally turned on. Then I realized the battery was empty by the end of the day. The N6ii on-off button is very sensitive that way.

Dec 4, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #2,910 of 8,192
Can this happen during normal playback ? Screen wlan all off .. was a flac file .

The safe mode can be triggered by a software crash, so can't rule out any combination, it can be anything in Android system that crashed or it can be the Cayin music App

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back