1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Andykong, Apr 7, 2019.
First

Back
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202
Next

Last
  1. Andykong
    There might be a E02 down the road, we adopted this numbering system to enable unlimited possibilities, but it won't be Pure Class A and 4.4m , Please read my explanation, I tried my best to tell you why we can't do that in that post.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
    cr3ativ3 likes this.
  2. aaf evo
    Really pleased with what Cayin is doing so far, I may have to revisit the N6ii and try the T01 and eventually E01 as I found the A01 to be a bit too warm for my tastes.

3. twister6 Contributor
    I think you should start planning your CanJam NYC visit :D

aaf evo likes this.
  4. Andykong
    Pure Class A amplification is fairly uncommon in Personal Audio, we don't have a lot of reference or reviews that cover this topic very well, but in speaker application, 10W Pure Class A is very different from 10W Class AB. So let's wait for the impression from users and Reviewers, I am sure someone will compare the T01 and E01 side by side with demanding headphones.

With our current product roadmap, we don't have any plan to make "longer" Audio Motherboard, there are enough options on our waiting list to keep us busy for quite a while already, and these are all within the current physical dimension of Audio Motherboard chassis.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
    Vitaly2017 likes this.
  5. Vitaly2017

Oh I have no doubt about E01 SQ I am sure it will bring a lot of good emotional feelings.
    Lets wait patiently and hope @twister6 get hes module as quickly possible for a review. )

I do wish cayin would add the global eq function for all system wide.
    Please )

6. cr3ativ3
    My n6ii just turned off during playback ( battery 56% ) and don’t goes on again :frowning2: can someone help ? It’s not hot or something ...

7. cr3ativ3
    It booted up again .. but what was this !?

8. Vitaly2017
    Can be android bug...
    You got latest updates?
    Did u update android system?
    I wouldn't recommend updating google system software ( android os )

Just cayin uodates

9. mashuto
    So, class A is really about being able to drive harder to power headphones? From my limited research, it seems class A has lower distortion due to how it operates, but I guess my question is for IEMs, especially ones that are more sensitive, ones that I already run at maybe 20 volume on low gain, is this just something thats going to have way more power than I could ever need? Do I still not have a good grasp here of the benefits of class A? Or is it just something that may be overkill for my needs? I also realize that a different dac here will likely have its own characteristics, so there is that as well.

Regardless, I am very interested to see some reviews and impressions. And on a related question, should I be interested in picking one up, which distributor in the US will these be going to first?

10. cr3ativ3
    Did. only the OTA update

11. cr3ativ3
    Version 1.18EN

the strange thing is , that it didn’t boot for 5 mins ( around ) like if the battery is empty

12. Vitaly2017

Hard to say , might be the battery chip bug.
    It have miss read then after reset it self
    It came back to normal?

13. cr3ativ3
    Yes .. was dead around 5-10 mins .. now everything’s fine again .. but it’s strange .. it wasn’t hot .. not even warm .. dunno . I hope this don’t happens again

14. Vitaly2017
    I would be intrested to see if anyone tried zx500 and how it stands vs n6ii

15. Vitaly2017

Id say continue using it as it is in hope that it was just a one time thing.
    If persist then try to see with cayin what's wrong.

Goodluck

cr3ativ3 likes this.
First

Back
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202
Next

Last