Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Dec 5, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #2,928 of 8,192
It is a pity that this happens to you, I really have a lot of interest in N6ii, but these things discourage me, I would not want to go through the same thing, and less to know these problems beforehand, I know that it can be just a defective unit, but that does not mean that don't happen to another person again, and I don't want to be that person

I think you've had similar reservations in the DX160 thread. You need to remember that for every 1 'complaint' you read about online, there are at least 10 positive experiences that aren't necessarily being shared online (so consumer psychology tells us). If you're looking for universal praise with six sigma quality control - you'll never end up buying a DAP.

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #2,929 of 8,192
Not sure if this has been asked/clarified already - does the E01 headphone out also double as a Line Out? E.g. the 4.4mm on the A01 is also a shared LO and can be controlled via the software.

I'm asking this because a friend of mine who owns the N6ii w/ A01, Focal Clear and Pico Power, would like to continue using the Pico Power but is more interested in the ESS DAC chip implemented in the E01.

Dec 5, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #2,930 of 8,192
Not sure if this has been asked/clarified already - does the E01 headphone out also double as a Line Out? E.g. the 4.4mm on the A01 is also a shared LO and can be controlled via the software.

I'm asking this because a friend of mine who owns the N6ii w/ A01, Focal Clear and Pico Power, would like to continue using the Pico Power but is more interested in the ESS DAC chip implemented in the E01.

No line out, 3.5 phono only. A01/T01 of you require LO.

Dec 5, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #2,932 of 8,192

I love double amping or triple amping.

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #2,934 of 8,192
I think you've had similar reservations in the DX160 thread. You need to remember that for every 1 'complaint' you read about online, there are at least 10 positive experiences that aren't necessarily being shared online (so consumer psychology tells us). If you're looking for universal praise with six sigma quality control - you'll never end up buying a DAP.
I agree with you, I still think the N6ii is great and recommended, thanks

Dec 6, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #2,935 of 8,192
@Cayin
Not sure guys what are your plans for future modules but it would be nice to have a dual DAC version of the A01, on two AKM chips to improve soundstage and separation, to make it like on the T01.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #2,936 of 8,192
@Cayin
Not sure guys what are your plans for future modules but it would be nice to have a dual DAC version of the A01, on two AKM chips to improve soundstage and separation, to make it like on the T01.

Given the capability of the AKM DAC in the A01, would a double DAC actually United things for portable use? Sure I read something from @Andykong previously that pointed out the additional components / proximity / noise etc meant that a dual setup for this chip in the space they have would actually be LESS technically capable? Might be wrong, so happy to be educated.

Dec 6, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #2,937 of 8,192
Given the capability of the AKM DAC in the A01, would a double DAC actually United things for portable use? Sure I read something from @Andykong previously that pointed out the additional components / proximity / noise etc meant that a dual setup for this chip in the space they have would actually be LESS technically capable? Might be wrong, so happy to be educated.
Well, top AK DAPs are on dual AK4497EQ. So it is possible to implement,,,

Dec 6, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #2,938 of 8,192
4499 single dac would be quite amazing, I know dual would literally drain the units since the power demand.

i haven’t talk about my experience with the n6II, I think the game is getting quite interesting, a01 is so relaxed and enjoyable, though! I find it to be on par with my 2go unit, my r6pro (the a01 is a bit superior still) though t01... oh man... I cant get enough of it. When I read the comments on it, I thought it would be cold and shrilled, was I so wrong, I seriously enjoy the sound from it, tighter and with better treble extension.

I’m jumping for the e01, class a with 9038 sounds quite exciting, 9028m makes quite a good job (d50, r6pro)

my only petition would be for cayin to take in consideration Korg tubes in the future and not let the platform behind, we know this hobby is ever changing and full of hypes, but I think this is quite a solid platform with a wealthy future, when it came out I was like “seriously? Another multi adapter platform?” ... well, I apologize for being a lil b*tch, I cant get enough of my unit

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #2,939 of 8,192
By the way, what are your impressions guys (if any) after switching from A01 to T01 and back to A01 after a certain period of time, let's say 2-3 weeks on A01 then 2-3 weeks on T01.
I came to a conclusion that there is no a 100% winner among these two modules and this is more about paring /matching with a certain IEM/HP...

Dec 7, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #2,940 of 8,192
Pairing and source music all the way, plus personal taste. No right or wrong. Some music I prefer on A01, others on T01. I prefer SE on both with current IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back