Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 17, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #1,637 of 8,192
No, I’m not a gambling man....

I’m from Slovenia...so is a little problem for that,...

Neither am I to be honest. In that case my suggestion would be to buy a DAP with good local support in Slovenia, it is a lot of money to loose if the worst should happen and you get something you are not happy with or it breaks down after a few months use.

Aug 17, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #1,639 of 8,192
No, I’m not a gambling man....

I’m from Slovenia...so is a little problem for that,...
I know your pain my friend. Im from Brazil and have to buy first, test and try sell if I dont like it.

Aug 17, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #1,641 of 8,192
I went on a road trip the other day and was driving for close to 11 hours. Had my N6ii playing a good chunk of the time. I just left it playing for the most part and wasn't fiddling with the screen on. At the beginning of the day it was at 96% and at the end of the day the battery was still at 43%...not bad for a day's usage. Loving everything about this DAP...imho it's the clear winner of the battle of the mid-fi DAPs this year.

Aug 18, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #1,642 of 8,192
Loving my N6ii as well, but the ever-present banner of "never be the same" or something silly in the pull-down Android notification shade is driving me insane. Has anyone figured out how to disable this? I am embarrassed to admit that I have probably had 50 different Android devices, but this one has stumped me on how to get rid of that useless banner that serves no purpose and cannot even be tapped/clicked on to do anything.

Edit: seems like the OTA software update fixed this issue. It was the Cayin music app, which informed me that notifications cannot be disabled. Thankfully resolved on later firmware now.

-Collin-

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #1,643 of 8,192
Loving my N6ii as well, but the ever-present banner of "never be the same" or something silly in the pull-down Android notification shade is driving me insane. Has anyone figured out how to disable this? I am embarrassed to admit that I have probably had 50 different Android devices, but this one has stumped me on how to get rid of that useless banner that serves no purpose and cannot even be tapped/clicked on to do anything.

-Collin-
FB_IMG_1565053884645.jpg

Aug 18, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #1,644 of 8,192
finally a dap that sounds so much better than chord mojo, the n6ii sounds just awesome so musical and everything is spot on

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #1,646 of 8,192
hi guys, is there an idea how much replacement modules will approximately cost for the N6mk2?

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #1,647 of 8,192
hi guys, is there an idea how much replacement modules will approximately cost for the N6mk2?
There are two for sale.

Aug 22, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #1,649 of 8,192
@Andykong Any forecast on the next firmware update and the potential fixes it introduces?

To be honest I only have two issues that impact me:

1) The lag on the volume control wheel
2) Physical buttons - (without lock-screen controls disabled), intermittently I still sometimes have to wake the screen to have the physical buttons work (doesn’t matter which order either i.e. I can press a button and then wake the screen for the button function to happen or I can wake the screen first; either way the screen has to be ‘awake’). As I say, strangely it’s only intermittent this one.

Feature Request: Most of my listening nowadays is to offline Tidal content. I just want to be able to set a playlist going in Tidal, but the DAP in my pocket and have a remote app on my phone that lets me control the functions of the physical buttons on the player I.e. volume, pause, skip. HiBy (except for volume control), only does this for locally stored, non Tidal downloads.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back