Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 11, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #1,621 of 8,192
Nice to get some friendly debate going and hearing other peoples opinions on the T01 module :thumbsup:.

Having just gone over the other comments, I do agree with some of the counter arguments etc but I still can't really understand why you would make this your first (and probably the most anticipated) add on module for a 2019 DAP - the DAC being used here is at least 5 years old. Whilst this can, as mentioned, be considered 'a choice' and OK, some people might want this (although I don't see many stepping forward here to agree with that point), I still think it would have made more sense to introduce (as twister6 mentioned) one of the two other DAC options first - the SABRE appears to be a popular choice and would have made much more sense. The T01 (IMO) should just have been introduced as a later option/choice - maybe on their 30th anniversary....:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: If we are going to lose half of the current battery life on a new module, at least make it for something worthwhile - like a nutube or something......

Anyway - moan over and as Steve said, at least we can save the money for something else in the meantime :ksc75smile:
Are you using the N6II or which dap are you using ?

Aug 12, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #1,622 of 8,192
Aug 14, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #1,623 of 8,192
@Andykong

I see my issue has been discussed before , can I ask

1- do you mean all daps with 4.4 will have the same issue with interference
2- can that be corrected with an upgraded motherboard ,
3- if not can you tell me which 4.4 cable can we buy to solve this issue as to be honest its annoying for people who rely on streaming, as I mentioned I sometimes hear interference or noise in between tracks especially when I turn on wifi and stream tidal

finally also the volume wheel sometimes does not work perfectly, like u need to rotate it few times before it moves to the next level.

Anyhow as with every product I expect imperfections in hardware or software, but for me the interference thing needs to be solved unless this happens on every 4.4 mm device, and if does not happen on every 4.4 device, and you suggest a cable change, then please direct us to a company from where we can buy cables that will solve this issue

as for sound yes its a great sounding dap period so i give that to Cayin

@Andykong , first I love the sound of this dap alot alot alot alot, but can we get a comment on my post, as definitely using wifi causes interference using the 4.4, and many of us are using streaming ,so would the new motherboard solve it, or what do you suggest? I really would like to find a solution to this interference noise, if you have cabe suggestions from where to buy that are shielded then please share if that can solve the issue

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #1,624 of 8,192
@jmills8 buddy, I just cracked reading your reply to the question about how to turn off the filters, man only you can answer these difficult questions :). Your reply " Turn off the device " :)

Anyway denon 9200 rocks with cayin n6ii. Just get rid of all ur fostex headphones they are not in the same league bro

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #1,625 of 8,192
@jmills8 buddy, I just cracked reading your reply to the question about how to turn off the filters, man only you can answer these difficult questions :). Your reply " Turn off the device " :)

Anyway denon 9200 rocks with cayin n6ii. Just get rid of all ur fostex headphones there are not in the same league bro
Was trying to make a smile. Yep Im using the 9200 a lot. I took it with me to Miami. But the TH900 sounds pretty good on the N6II.

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #1,626 of 8,192
t12.jpg

Cayin N6 Mk2 + T1.2 . Volume 75 , not bad..

Aug 17, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #1,630 of 8,192
@Andykong , first I love the sound of this dap alot alot alot alot, but can we get a comment on my post, as definitely using wifi causes interference using the 4.4, and many of us are using streaming ,so would the new motherboard solve it, or what do you suggest? I really would like to find a solution to this interference noise, if you have cabe suggestions from where to buy that are shielded then please share if that can solve the issue
Wifi causing interference while streaming Tidal is a most disappointing item with my new N6ii :frowning2:(. And manufacturer did not provide any solution or any support for that, why?

Aug 17, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #1,631 of 8,192
Wifi causing interference while streaming Tidal is a most disappointing item with my new N6ii :frowning2:(. And manufacturer did not provide any solution or any support for that, why?
I know many don’t use streaming but for us who rely on streaming should have been notified about this before we make a purchase decision

I hope this can be resolved somehow by an update or a new motherboard

but for anyone concerned bout the sound, this is the most enjoyable dap i owned to date period

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #1,632 of 8,192
Is the interference present when connected to both 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks?
I ask because I found the DX220 with Amp9 had interference when on 2.4ghz networks but not on 5ghz networks.

I'm thinking of buying an n6ii but use Tidal a lot so this is a worry to me.....

Aug 17, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #1,633 of 8,192
I'm thinking of buying an n6ii but use Tidal a lot so this is a worry to me.....

It must be device dependant, I don't hear any noise when the WiFi is switched on and streaming or downloading from Tidal or Qobuz. Wifi connection is 2.4Ghz at the moment, I've never heard any interference from the Wifi though and it must have connected at 5Ghz at some point.

This is with my FH7 IEM, its quite sensitive too at 111db/mw. I truly couldn't be happier with my N6ii.

Will you get a good or bad one though who knows.

Aug 17, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #1,634 of 8,192
It must be device dependant, I don't hear any noise when the WiFi is switched on and streaming or downloading from Tidal or Qobuz. Wifi connection is 2.4Ghz at the moment, I've never heard any interference from the Wifi though and it must have connected at 5Ghz at some point.

This is with my FH7 IEM, its quite sensitive too at 111db/mw. I truly couldn't be happier with my N6ii.

Will you get a good or bad one though who knows.

1000€+ ..and don’t know if I get good one or bad....hmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back