Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #1,667 of 8,192
Aug 27, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #1,669 of 8,192
My current work setup, Cayin N6ii—> 4.4mm to XLR —> Focal Elegia (using a Periapt cable)

It is a great pairing, easy to drive and gets me close to Focal Clear performance while at work. Now for the ZMF Verite C to drop so I can work while in audio bliss lol.

A7005703-7761-4183-AC48-EA6C8F998E38.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #1,671 of 8,192
Nice purple cable. How does it sound?
Well, it is pretty quiet when just laying there... but depending on what type of material I hit it against I can get numerous different sounds... such as “thwack” “thump” “thud” “twang” etc...

If you are referring to if the copper cable inside alters the current in a fashion that would somehow change the audio coming from the transducers... I am the wrong person to ask that :wink:

If referring to the synergy of the Elegia with the A01 module in the Cayin N6ii, I find it has my preferential typical “velvet sound” that AKM chips have. I find it lovely to listen to for extended sessions. The combo is smooth and clear with good separation, detail and imaging. Stage is a little lacking with the Elegia, but doesn’t take away from the overall enjoyment. If I throw my Aeolus or Verite on the Cayin N6ii it becomes everything I want in a portable =) I’m not much of an IEM guy, but I also really enjoy the Andromeda’s on the N6ii as well, I’m looking forward to the Andromeda’s golds being delivered soon, as the added bass emphasis gets them closer to the sound of the lovely Solaris (I would use these but during my demo with them I found them too uncomfortable for my ears).

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #1,672 of 8,192
Currently have the M11
Looking at the N6ii as an update

can somebody chime in on the 2? Not sure who has owned both.
Thanks in advance!

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #1,673 of 8,192
Aug 27, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #1,679 of 8,192
Wondering the same thing from people who own DAPs, anyone chime in?

I know it is hard to decide to buy either DX220 or N6ii as it was my case before. Finally I did pull the trigger on DX220 because I own DX200TI and want pair with amp9. However, I was curious wanting to listen to N6ii and bought it.
I love the SQ of both DAPs everyday they are breaking in. Four your situation you can wisely choose by audition both and listen to them with your own ears.

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #1,680 of 8,192
Ibasso dx220 cayin n6ii or kann cube ?

Wondering the same thing from people who own DAPs, anyone chime in?

I'll give my take. I've owned the DX220, DX200Ti, and N6ii. I've also owned many other DAPs. It really depends on your tastes. The DX220 is very reference, which brings a reference sound signature. You could call it boring, lifeless, or whatever you want. Some people love it.

I prefer the DX200Ti over the DX220. It is warmer and more analogue sounding.

Then there is the N6ii. Very lively but warm with a lot of detail. I think it gets fatiguing sometimes because it is so lively. The power output is superior on the N6ii than any other DAP I've owned. Even tough it is rated lower than the AMP8 I still get more adjustable volume range with my stock N6ii.

So pick your poison. What are your listening preferences? I choose the N6ii but now I have a WM1Z and reach for that more often because of the signature.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back