Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
May 10, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #3,781 of 4,108
Do you mean that the Startup Volume Settings in the Music Settings are not working on your end ?

I personally prefer having the last volume level restored at start-up (as settings shown in my screen), but i guess setting up a 'Custom' volume on start-up with your own desired level, instead of 'Memory' should solve your issue ?

I do have the custom startup volume set to where I like. My issue is, at player start up, the unit ignores this custom startup volume for the first 2 seconds and plays at the previous volume. Then after 2 seconds it returns to the custom volume. Coupled with the delay for pause, it can make a big problem for ears or headphones. It's only really a problem when I switch between headphones with different sensitivities.

May 10, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #3,782 of 4,108
I do have the custom startup volume set to where I like. My issue is, at player start up, the unit ignores this custom startup volume for the first 2 seconds and plays at the previous volume. Then after 2 seconds it returns to the custom volume. Coupled with the delay for pause, it can make a big problem for ears or headphones. It's only really a problem when I switch between headphones with different sensitivities.

Ok i wasn't aware of that. Thanks for your clarification :wink:

May 10, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #3,783 of 4,108
The DX220 is a very good upgrade for N5ii, you get must faster CPU and a high quality screen to start with, almost certain that it will improve your user experience instantly.

I auggest you give yourself a treat and go for the Amp7 or Am8, or both, depends whether your IEM collection is single ended or balanced, or whether you need Line out. Trust me, if you go for Amp3 or Amp5, you will be tempted to move up to Amp7 or Amp8 very soon, you can mark my word for that. :beerchug:
Really salute u...

Yes DX220 is a really upgrade from N5iiS... Even with the stock AMP1 mk2 alrd different league...
But always remembered my N5iiS still delivers good background for sensitive IEM...

@Andykong where I can try N6ii? really want to know

May 15, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #3,784 of 4,108
I personally would like to get rid of the 2sec delay. I don't use the USB audio out, because I have other devices for that.

May 15, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #3,785 of 4,108
Connecting WiFi at Starbucks...Any tips on connecting at Starbucks to use Tidal for example? I connect but, cant get the login page to refresh. I have downloaded Chrome and bookmarked the login page. It really is hit or miss with about a 10% success rate.
Thanks

May 18, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #3,787 of 4,108
I’m just wondering if there is a way to backup or export my saved playlists in the N5ii ?
Are they saved in the registry or files somewhere ?
Also player pro does not recognise any as cards anyone know how to get it to

May 21, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #3,788 of 4,108
Recently I got Google play store stop again. Anyone face with this like I am? I'm so scare that the same google bug is rising to Cayin N5ii and N5iiS again.

May 22, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #3,789 of 4,108
Sorry for late response. Yes, the second delay is related to USB Audio Out (ie., using N5ii/N5iiS as a digital transport for your USB DAC), it has nothing to do with USB Audio in (i.e, using N5ii/N5iiS as an USB DAC for your computer or similar source)

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 22, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #3,791 of 4,108
Recently I got Google play store stop again. Anyone face with this like I am? I'm so scare that the same google bug is rising to Cayin N5ii and N5iiS again.

I can confirm, today faced the same issue two times.

We run into the same thing today when we test N6ii International firmware, the Google Play we functioning perfect last week, but suddenly we can't access to Google Play, it stopped as soon as we get online.

Looks like Google has changed something again in past two days.

With N6ii, when we log into Google Play, it will
  1. "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped"
  2. After Google Play has stopped, the player will receive a Google Play update, depends on the setting of your Google Play service, it might update automatically, or you will find an update notice in the Notification Center (first level pull down menu)
  3. After update the Google Play service, Google Play will start again, log in and it should resume regular function.

For whatever reason if you didn't receive any Google Play update service, you can force the Google Play to look for update by the following procedures:
  1. Launch the Play Store, click at the "triple dash sign" on top left corner to slide out the menu
  2. Select Settings
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the menu, select PLay Store version (or Build Number)
  4. If an update is available, you'll receive a prompt, the system should download and install the update after you select OK but this might take a while to initiate.
This is very different from the situation we had back in December 2018. In that round, Google play update has stopped the Google Play service and we need to uninstall the update. This round, the problem is solved by performing a Google update, so this should not pose any further problem after you updated your the Google Play Service in your player.

From what we gathered, the problem appeared with our N5ii, N5iiS, N6ii and HiBy R6Pro. These players uses different CPU and run on different version of Android, so the same problem might affect other Android based DAP as well. It is most unfortunate that Google keep changing their service and create problems to existing users. This is totally out of our control, and there is nothing we can do to stopped this from happening, we just do our best to provide solution when unfortunate things happened.

May 22, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #3,792 of 4,108
Thanks Andy

May 22, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #3,793 of 4,108
We run into the same thing today when we test N6ii International firmware, the Google Play we functioning perfect last week, but suddenly we can't access to Google Play, it stopped as soon as we get online.

Looks like Google has changed something again in past two days.

With N6ii, when we log into Google Play, it will
  1. "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped"
  2. After Google Play has stopped, the player will receive a Google Play update, depends on the setting of your Google Play service, it might update automatically, or you will find an update notice in the Notification Center (first level pull down menu)
  3. After update the Google Play service, Google Play will start again, log in and it should resume regular function.

For whatever reason if you didn't receive any Google Play update service, you can force the Google Play to look for update by the following procedures:
  1. Launch the Play Store, click at the "triple dash sign" on top left corner to slide out the menu
  2. Select Settings
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the menu, select PLay Store version (or Build Number)
  4. If an update is available, you'll receive a prompt, the system should download and install the update after you select OK but this might take a while to initiate.
This is very different from the situation we had back in December 2018. In that round, Google play update has stopped the Google Play service and we need to uninstall the update. This round, the problem is solved by performing a Google update, so this should not pose any further problem after you updated your the Google Play Service in your player.

From what we gathered, the problem appeared with our N5ii, N5iiS, N6ii and HiBy R6Pro. These players uses different CPU and run on different version of Android, so the same problem might affect other Android based DAP as well. It is most unfortunate that Google keep changing their service and create problems to existing users. This is totally out of our control, and there is nothing we can do to stopped this from happening, we just do our best to provide solution when unfortunate things happened.
Just tap play store version and this will pop up.
20190522_235659.jpg

May 22, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #3,794 of 4,108
Just tap play store version and this will pop up.

Yes, that's what I have suggested, but the important question is, dies it solve the problem for you?

May 23, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #3,795 of 4,108
20190523_210540.jpg Still google service stop popup with latest playstore..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back