1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by PinkyPowers, Oct 14, 2017.
First

Back
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250
252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261
Next

Last
  1. seanwee
    Isn't amp 8 better?

2. Dobrescu George
    I haven't had a chance to try it yet. It is 4.4mm and I only have 3.5mm stuff with me (I'm still on Easter Holidays with my family), so I really don't know, but AMP7 really really impressed me.

3. Jazzbass12
    Neutron...Is anybody using Neutron as 3rd party player on their N5iis? A little confusing, any setup tips?
    I chose:
    64 Bit Processing =yes
    Resampling = Audiophile
    Audio Hardware =
    Dither - yes
    Ultrasonic Filter - yes
    Hardware Gain - yes
    Audio Focus - yes
    DSD, DSD over PCM - yes
    Oversample - no
    Follow source Frequency - yes

This look typical of your setup?
    Thanks

4. Andykong
    Neutron is a good alternative, we worked with Neutron to enable Hi-Res support, do you can bypass Android SRC when you use Neutron in N5ii and N5iiS.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  5. Andykong
    That's binary search, simple and efficient. I done that several time with my music library when I need to debug corrupted files, it was horrible when I did this for the first time, fortunately Music Library is a cumulative database, meaning you only add new items to you library, you dontd edit them (well, rarely). So instead of using binary search, I break my library into pieces according to year of database entries and scan them year by year. With that I can always remember the years that I have drbugged, and when I run into problem again, I can start the debug process again from where I left.

6. Andykong
    The DX220 is a very good upgrade for N5ii, you get must faster CPU and a high quality screen to start with, almost certain that it will improve your user experience instantly.

I auggest you give yourself a treat and go for the Amp7 or Am8, or both, depends whether your IEM collection is single ended or balanced, or whether you need Line out. Trust me, if you go for Amp3 or Amp5, you will be tempted to move up to Amp7 or Amp8 very soon, you can mark my word for that. :beerchug:

fokta and noverbeck like this.
  7. seanwee
    Considering it but probably won't get another amp module anytime soon due to budget constraints.

Even then I'll still have to see if the size of the DX220 is ok first.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  8. Andykong
    One simple question that I need inputs from N5ii/N5iiS users.

After a lot of attemp, we can solve the 2sec delay, finally. The solution involve a lot of low level programming and the worst part is, the new code will deteriate the USB Audio and created high background noise. I understand the current USB Audio is not good beyond 16Bit/48kHz, but this new beta firmware will make the USB Audio even unusable at all sampling rate.

If we go for this solution and pack it into a new firmware, we'll either disable the USB Audio completely, or pop up a warning on the noise problem of USB Audio. Yes, this is not ideal in both case, but we honestly cantc find a way to solve the 2sec delay bug and keep the USB Audio intact simultaneously.

We are sourcing opinion from our dealers right now, if you have a preference, you can tell me here or by PM. I am heading to Munich today, will check again when I settle down at my Munich hotel.

jbast0160 likes this.
  9. seanwee
    USB Audio output or USB DAC mode?

If its USB audio output then its fine for me.

thedud3 likes this.
  10. Jazzbass12
    USB audio out is useless to me anyways. Its unusable. I’m ok with having it disabled.

ngs428 likes this.
  11. somnarium
    Another vote for disabling. Happy to see the infamous 2 second bug squished.

ngs428 likes this.
  12. jbast0160
    I am fine with no USB Audio Out as I dont use that feature

13. noverbeck
    Disable USB audio out, USB DAC is fairly static prone anyway as well

14. originalsnuffy
    I would be happy to see the 2 second delay go away. Perhaps a fix to that with this release, and possibly a future release to quash the USB issues would be nice.

Would we still be able to use the unit as a USB DAC / AMP with this proposed firmware?

I am pleased to hear that some updates for this unit may happen.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  15. noverbeck
    @Andykong any update on the startup volume issue where the device doesn't startup at the preset volume, it plays at the previously used volume? I still feel like this is a big issue for damaging ears/headphones between uses.

First

Back
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250
252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261
Next

Last