Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews
Jan 12, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #346 of 751
Definately a way to do it, and for those that are distanced too far away and cannot meet the minimum of 3 participants, perhaps giving them the option of being responsible for full shipping costs for shipping off to the next participant(s). In order for them to participate, they'd have to agree on the requirements to be met which would include being responsible for whatever cost the shipping to the next participant should be.

It's great that you guys are providing more exposure of your equipment, and people should duely write something and provide some participation so that others can be more informed of the product.

This kind of effort provides a more reliable perspective on impressions as it's more of a random samples of impressions than minorities of review websites.

Sure, we can do that, and if someone will take up the shipping cost completely, he can keep the unit for 30 days, or if there is only two reviewers in a city, they can keep the tour unit for 15 days instead of 10 days,

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 12, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #348 of 751
I would point out that I got exposed to the amp at a meet. Makes sense for vendors to look into regional meets to provide their equipment for meets for people to demo.

Sure, we try out best to meet with customers and consumers. We attended two CanJam last years and we'll attend the CanJam New York next month. We can't possibly go to the meets unless we have a full time staff in US, but we are happy to work with Meet organizers. There are safety considerations that we need to sorted out but it happened previously and I don't see why we can't do it again.

Anyway, back to the feasibility of a new iHA-6 tour. If there is ONE city come forth with 3 reviewers signed up, I'll start a new tour, Let's see if this can work out. :beerchug:

Jan 19, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #350 of 751
Just ordered a pair from Aliexpress. Any reason to believe they are subpar in quality?

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #352 of 751
I have a metrum hex NOS dac which i use with my wa2 for my hd800

any idea how the hex may work with the iha 6 for lcd 2 and elear.
the hex is quite a smooth "analogue" sounding dac that i really enjoy the layering and details from

wondering how it would pair

thanks in advance

Jan 21, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #353 of 751
I have the iHA-6 standing on my desk paired with a CA DacMagic Plus running fully balanced. I'm not disappointed. And the build quality of the iHA-6 is not bad at all. It's heavy and sturdy little amp.

Looking forward to getting them. It’s going to be my first balanced amp

Jan 30, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #354 of 751
Does anyone know if the warranty on the iHA-6 is transferable, and if so, what kind of documentation I would want to provide to a second-hand buyer for it to be honored?

Jan 30, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #355 of 751
Well Musicteck (Cayin dealer) emailed me back in literally 5 minutes, which was quite nice, and confirmed it is transferable so long as the invoice is provided.

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #356 of 751
Happy Chinese New Year

This is a special time for family reunion, so we are taking a break to travel all the way back home.

Thank you very much for all the support we have received. May the New Year brings happiness and prosperity to you and your family.

Our office will close from 11th to 25th February, and we'll resume duty on 26th February 2018.

2018 Chinese New Year.jpg

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #357 of 751

Feb 28, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #358 of 751
I received mine, listened to it for a few hours and then noticed it developed a very loud static, crackling sound from the single ended outputs (more noticeable on high gain). It does this for all of my headphones. Is this a blown fuse issue or am I just unlucky? What's the problem here?

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #359 of 751
I received mine, listened to it for a few hours and then noticed it developed a very loud static, crackling sound from the single ended outputs (more noticeable on high gain). It does this for all of my headphones. Is this a blown fuse issue or am I just unlucky? What's the problem here?

If you have a blown fuse, you can't power up the unit at all.

The noise only from single-ended output? Can you test the balanced output and confirm if there is any static noise? Where did you buy this iHA-6 from? Did you contact the seller/dealer already?

The iHA-6 is extremely reliable and we have received very little warranty or repair request with this amplifier so far. I am very curious for the cause of the problem, so please keep me informed or PM me if there is any progress on your instance. :beerchug:

Mar 3, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #360 of 751
Just want to say these are making me Waste many a night just relistening to my favorite albums. Paired with some hifimans and IEMs..splendid. they’ve also breathed life back into my Sennheiser 650s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back