Cayin iDAP-6 - versatile new desktop transport
Dec 18, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #152 of 424
If the team from Cayin wants to create a modern file transport compatible with modern HiFi standards, it can not go back in time and forget that good sound can be achieved through bluetooh or airplay.
Based on these standards, we will never achieve a good sound. Therefore, you need to focus on the full functionality of DLNA, which in iDAP-6 does not work to the end (no gapless). The Tidal service is also missing for full happiness. By running but also no gapless. Of course there are other errors that have already been written about. In my opinion, handling gapless via dlna (including Tidal) is the most important priority for iDAP-6 to be better than the competition.

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #153 of 424
Give them time to work out the bugs. FiiO initially released their portable DAPs without gapless for over six months before releasing a firmware that added it (some users contend it still didn't get fixed for a long time after that).

But I have to admit, you are talking about a single instance of gapless not working using a specific NAS protocol. People not using that protocol confirm that gapless does indeed work on the iDAP-6. If it went beyond your problem, I would say it truly is a design flaw...however, your case appears to be unique and therefore a software (or setting) bug. Just give them time to identify and fix it. I won't even mention how long it took any DAP maker to start implementing streaming service support. Besides, if your NAS or other device hooked on your network supports Tidal, why does the iDAP-6 have to? You can connect your streaming device to the iDAP-6 and play via network or Bluetooth. What more do you want in a $799 player?

Constantly berating them over everything is counterproductive for you, them, and everyone else on this thread. Yes, you have a valid issue. Give them time to identify, duplicate, and fix the problem. Work with them via PM. Send them all of your specific settings, network architecture, and info to help them duplicate the problem. Then perhaps you will have helped them and us by being the one who helps quash the bug.:smile:

Cheers and Good Luck!:beerchug:
-HK sends

#makethebeerchugbigger

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #154 of 424
Headfonics review didn't touch on
(1) DSD playback
(2) i2s (this should be one of the selling points right?) SQ
(3) DSD over DLNA
and, Cayin IDAP-6 now selling at $699?
No, unfortunately just the DAC and AMP. Check the Music Teck web site. They are on sale for $699 but the iDAP is still selling for $799.

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

#makethebeerchugbigger

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #155 of 424
Of course, you are right. I am patiently waiting for the repair of the problems described above. The gapless problem has nothing to do with the structure of my home network and NAS configuration. Gapless does not work even when streaming Tidal by Bubbleupnp and this proves that the problem is the renderer (iDAP-6). There is no need to go any further in this matter but you have to fix it. As for the price of $ 799 and listening to music via bluetooth or airplay - please forgive - this is not a hifi sound. I do not buy it. We are therefore waiting patiently to repair iDAP-6 errors.

Dec 20, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #156 of 424
I plan to get the iDAP-6 when I get home from my holiday trip. I've been talking to the folks at Music Teck and the demand for these is pretty high. I hope they have one in stock when I'm ready. I plan to hook up a hard drive with my music library and control everything from my tablet. Then I can immerse myself in the music and ignore the world!:beyersmile:

Cheers and all the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Dec 20, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #157 of 424
ha Mr. HK_sends in this case you told us that Cayan ignore world !!!
Better name fort this device is 'Desktop Stand Alone HiFi Player' you don't need network connection with hooked HDD and you can control iDAP-6 via Bluetooth I think from your tablet if he have BT chip.
Or maybe this is little bigger portable music player ??

Dec 20, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #158 of 424
ha Mr. HK_sends in this case you told us that Cayan ignore world !!!
Better name fort this device is 'Desktop Stand Alone HiFi Player' you don't need network connection with hooked HDD and you can control iDAP-6 via Bluetooth I think from your tablet if he have BT chip.
Or maybe this is little bigger portable music player ??
No, I said I could ignore the world because for me, the Cayin iDAP-6 will do just what I need just to enjoy my music!:L3000:
YMMV of course...:deadhorse:

Cheers and Happy Holidays!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #160 of 424
We wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Special appreciation to every participant and subscriber of this thread for your patient and positive attitude to Cayin and our product.

As a new relatively new comers to the HeadFi community, Cayin owns you all a big thank.

We are looking forward to continue the sound journey with you in 2018.

Keep in touch!
upload_2017-12-25_10-51-10.png

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 28, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #163 of 424
And the same to you as well! I look forward to seeing the new things Cayin brings to the world of Head-Fi!
(...and finally getting an iDAP-6 :L3000:)

-HK sends

Just ordered my iDAP-6 from Music Teck! Can't wait to try it out!

-HK sends

Thank you very much for your support, I hope you'll receive the iDAP-6 promptly, Andrew from MusicTeck is a nice guy, I am sure he'll take good care of you. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 31, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #165 of 424
There is another problem. I have a new Huawei Mate 10 phone with Android 7.0 EMUI 5.1. I do not want to pair too much via bluetooth with idap-6. I need to do a dozen attempts before it joins. Is any software upgrade foreseen in the near future?
More and more mistakes are shown and the people responsible for correct operation are still silent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back