Cayin iDAP-6 - versatile new desktop transport
Dec 31, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #167 of 424
There is another problem. I have a new Huawei Mate 10 phone with Android 7.0 EMUI 5.1. I do not want to pair too much via bluetooth with idap-6. I need to do a dozen attempts before it joins. Is any software upgrade foreseen in the near future?
More and more mistakes are shown and the people responsible for correct operation are still silent.
My wife uses Huawei Mate 10, I installed Hibymusic on it and paired with Idap-6 on FIRST attempt, but wifi is off, I am using wired network.
However, the bluetooth of Idap-6 have problem detecting the generic bluetooth media remote (cheaper one, look almost identical to Fiio RM1), my surface pro 4 have no problem to pair with this bluetooth remote.
Not sure why it like that, but both my smartphone able to paired with Idap-6 only when pairing is done on smartphone, ie Idap-6 won't be able to 'see' the available devices but smartphone can see it and able to pair with it. But the little bluetooth remote don't have option/display to see Idap-6 and hence unable to pair it. Problem may be Idap-6 unable to list out available bluetooth devices.

IMG_20171231_225742.jpg
IMG_20171231_225900.jpg
IMG_20171231_230359.jpg

Dec 31, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #168 of 424
My wife uses Huawei Mate 10, I installed Hibymusic on it and paired with Idap-6 on FIRST attempt, but wifi is off, I am using wired network.
However, the bluetooth of Idap-6 have problem detecting the generic bluetooth media remote (cheaper one, look almost identical to Fiio RM1), my surface pro 4 have no problem to pair with this bluetooth remote.
Not sure why it like that, but both my smartphone able to paired with Idap-6 only when pairing is done on smartphone, ie Idap-6 won't be able to 'see' the available devices but smartphone can see it and able to pair with it. But the little bluetooth remote don't have option/display to see Idap-6 and hence unable to pair it. Problem may be Idap-6 unable to list out available bluetooth devices.

Do you use firmware 1.2?

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #171 of 424
Huawei Mate 10 lite or Pro ?
Mate 10, the middle version, which basically identical to mate 10 pro in term of hardware and software, except display and ram. And MOST important, same BT module.
Are you pairing from idap-6 menu, ie select mate 10 from idap-6 BT menu? As doing so chances of failed pairing is very high.

Jan 1, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #172 of 424
Mate 10, the middle version, which basically identical to mate 10 pro in term of hardware and software, except display and ram. And MOST important, same BT module.
Are you pairing from idap-6 menu, ie select mate 10 from idap-6 BT menu? As doing so chances of failed pairing is very high.

I do not remember how I pairing the devices. Today I will try again in the way you write.

Jan 1, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #173 of 424
I tried again. If I have WiFi turned off in the WiFi settings in idap-6, my phone can not pair with idap-6. As you can see in the picture I use a cable connection, which is indicated by the icon in the upper right corner of the display. The picture also shows that the WiFi option is included. Only so I have no problem with pairing devices.
Burdie do you also have the WiFi network enabled in the idap-6 options even though you use the cable?

IMG_20180101_165815.jpg

Jan 2, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #174 of 424
I tried again. If I have WiFi turned off in the WiFi settings in idap-6, my phone can not pair with idap-6. As you can see in the picture I use a cable connection, which is indicated by the icon in the upper right corner of the display. The picture also shows that the WiFi option is included. Only so I have no problem with pairing devices.
Burdie do you also have the WiFi network enabled in the idap-6 options even though you use the cable?

You are right, if wifi turn off, smartphone will not be able to find idap-6 under bluetooth.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #177 of 424
I had this player for few days and would like to share my thought:
1. Overall it is a nice player, support lots of format, specially for me: cue/SACD-ISO...
2. I can access my NAS(Vortexbox) but not able to login to my Windows 10 PC. I keyed in user name and password, just got wrong user name and password message. Anyone knows how to fix it?
3. If I play files on SD card, after one folder finished playing, it will play the next folder automatically. However if I play files from NAS, it is not playing next folder automatically. Why?
4. Anyone successfully play PCM/DSD by I2s connecting to a Denafrips Pontus?
Thank you!

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #178 of 424
Silly question everyone...how do I eject the SD card? There's no spring eject mechanism and the SD card inserts until it sits flush with the unit face. It's in correctly because the player is reading the tracks just fine. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #179 of 424
Silly question everyone...how do I eject the SD card? There's no spring eject mechanism and the SD card inserts until it sits flush with the unit face. It's in correctly because the player is reading the tracks just fine. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends
I used my left thumb nail to push the card and it ejected, use your right hand to hold the player to make sure it is not moving. It is easy for me maybe because I have a small hand???

Jan 4, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #180 of 424
I used my left thumb nail to push the card and it ejected, use your right hand to hold the player to make sure it is not moving. It is easy for me maybe because I have a small hand???
Thanks for the advice, I tried pushing the card in further to get it to eject but it doesn't move at all. I'll keep messing with it, I won't need to eject the card often but it would be nice to be able to get it out of the player when I need to add music. BTW, the iDAP-6 sounds fantastic with my rig!

Cheers,
-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back