Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Sep 1, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #1,156 of 3,742
A Hong Kong user has bought a Mojo cable from this shop previously:

http://www.post76.com/x2/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=243039&page=10#pid3878753
Perfect size. Which shop ?

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #1,157 of 3,742
Perfect size. Which shop ?

Check out the links and photo as provided by kel77

http://www.head-fi.org/t/802382/cayin-i5-lossless-android-dap-with-akm4490-dac-supporting-32-384-pcm-64-128-dsd/1140#post_12829422

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 1, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #1,158 of 3,742
Check out the links and photo as provided by kel77

http://www.head-fi.org/t/802382/cayin-i5-lossless-android-dap-with-akm4490-dac-supporting-32-384-pcm-64-128-dsd/1140#post_12829422
Thanks !

Sep 1, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #1,159 of 3,742
@Andykong

Will you guys be releasing some official accessories for your products like the USB Type-C to 3.5mm Coaxial cable and some other non-standard connectors?

I have seen the ones that you linked here but unfortunately, they're all written in Chinese so I couldn't get any info aside from the photos.

I hope you guys release something official or recommend accessories that are international-friendly. Still, I understand if this won't happen very soon since the i5 post-development is still in progress.

Thank you!

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #1,160 of 3,742
@Andykong

Will you guys be releasing some official accessories for your products like the USB Type-C to 3.5mm Coaxial cable and some other non-standard connectors?

I have seen the ones that you linked here but unfortunately, they're all written in Chinese so I couldn't get any info aside from the photos.

I hope you guys release something official or recommend accessories that are international-friendly. Still, I understand if this won't happen very soon since the i5 post-development is still in progress.

Thank you!

We have been working on the USB Type-C to Coaxial cable options, and we should be able to roll out our first Type C coaxial cable in around 1 month time, this will be a 1m RCA version. I have tested (and endorsed) the per-production sample earlier this week, we just need to complete the package design and the cable is ready for production.

We'll test the market with the RCA coaxial and will consider the 3.5mm RCA option based on the market respond. As of today, Mojo is the only significant product that provides 3.5mm coaxial input, and we have to be careful as the MoQ of the cable is quite substantial.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 2, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #1,162 of 3,742

Hi all,
mine arrived from Penon Audio 2 days ago. Just to mention what kind of brilliant service Penon provides: I received email from them advising me that delivery was attempted and there was no one home! This kind of service I had never received from anyone- phenomenall! First imressions after couple of listening sessions, about 3-4 hours in total: It has "effortless" sound, bass is nice and punchy, treble deliciosly sparkling and mids - I cannot believe that none of mine : Cowons ( D2, S9, X7, J3,X9 and Plenue D, IbassoDX50, DX90, nor FiiO X5 could come even close in the  midds. ATH-M50, Momentum On Ear and CAL 2 are mine primary Headphones. So far I have only listened to it on CAL2 and Momentums and already I put  hold on my potential order for XD-P1 and AK70 since I5 is simply incredible! I can honestly say I am in love with this beauty!
      I don't know how AK240, 320 or 380 feel in the hand and whether their outrages prices are acceptable by any standards, but holding I5 in my hands is by far the most satisfying feeling that I have encountered for a long time. Design and materials used are super supreme. I did get original case as per pics (only $10.00 extra) and just to mention for those with OCD (Lol! No insult intended, my younger son has OCD.) I did spot 2 blemishes, one on the back panel of the player - very tiny , I'd say  plastic particle, which is very hard to spot and after I've  applied original protector it can't be seen again. Second is the top cutting line on the leather case- it is not perfectly straight and also has small mark on the back, as if someone with the long nails would had swipe over. For me, these things are trivial and what it matters, other then incredible sound, it is that after couple of torturess years with FiiO X5 and Ibasso (mediocre firmware and UCI) I am relived to have a player that surpasses Cowon S9, J3, X7and X9 custom UCI ( developers Kizune and Chakra - shouts to those fellows!) that is joy to use and has intuitive and well thought off menu system.

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #1,164 of 3,742
Finally got my i5 back. As people here might know, I am one of the unluckiest since out of all of the i5's in the 1st batch, apparently only mine (AFAIK) could not update firmware no matter what method or update package.

@Andykong messaged me to give some possible methods of fixing it but none worked so as a last resort, I had to send it back to the factory.
Andy told me to send it to him and he'll personally bring it to the factory, which I did.
Good thing EMS was being fast this time and the return shipping was also very fast.

I just opened my i5 again last night and briefly tested it. Everything works fine so far and smoother than before.
It's not a new unit, apparently they replaced my faulty motherboard then flashed FW1.5 international version.
Considering they could do the firmware update, I assume problem solved, though I'll see it for real when next FW update rolls in.

Andy, once again I could not express how grateful I am. Andy and Cayin team has really great support which is a crucial thing to have for customers.
Thank you again for going through all those troubles yourself Andy, now I can enjoy my i5 again and just realized how much I missed during its absent. 
Cheers 
beerchug.gif

P.S: when can I expect 3m USB-C to coax cable? :D

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #1,166 of 3,742

Andy, once again I could not express how grateful I am. Andy and Cayin team has really great support which is a crucial thing to have for customers.
Thank you again for going through all those troubles yourself Andy, now I can enjoy my i5 again and just realized how much I missed during its absent. 

That's great to hear and if I remember correctly they wanted to use your unit also do to research on the 30:00 bug? Let's see if they found something to verify that issue.

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #1,167 of 3,742
Hi, does i5 support playback from NAS wirelessly, like SAMBA protocols? Example, //NAS_name/Music_folder?

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #1,168 of 3,742
Hi, does i5 support playback from NAS wirelessly, like SAMBA protocols? Example, //NAS_name/Music_folder?

I've been streaming from my minimserver libraries on my 2 NAS with no issue. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back