Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Aug 30, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #1,126 of 3,742
Well, I was comparing the DAP as-is, if you add C5 or other portable amp. to the chain, that would be a different story.
yeah thats true but based on individual wise,

Vocals: N5>i5>N6
Details: N6>i5>N5
Soundstage: i5>N6>N5

Aug 30, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #1,127 of 3,742

These ratings were rated with your vocal iem ?

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #1,129 of 3,742
thanks for the outlook @Andykong

Looks like you'll continue to repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat your firmware requests whenever i5 is mentioned. We have heard you, and I hereby respond to you DIRECTLY.

We have included the gapless function into i5's optimization to-do list. Right now it is in low priority list, there are more bugs, promised functions and requirements (that affect larger number of users) that we have to attend to before we come back to the gapless issue. Please refer to my previous response on this issue:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/802382/cayin-i5-lossless-android-dap-with-akm4490-dac-supporting-32-384-pcm-64-128-dsd/555#post_12708775

We shall examine the background hiss problem in the future, we have discussed the feasibility to develop a gain mode for the ultra-sensitive IEMs but we have to test its feasibility before we include this as a to-do items formally. We believe the i5 has fulfilled the original design objective and can paired with a lot of headphones and IEMs satisfactory. Given the wide spectrum of portable headphones and IEMs on the market, we cannot guarantee that i5 can handle or pair with EVERY headphones and IEMs. Please refer to my previous response on this issue:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/802382/cayin-i5-lossless-android-dap-with-akm4490-dac-supporting-32-384-pcm-64-128-dsd/960#post_12781261

The 30sec bug is listed in our bug list and this is a high priority item. Unfortunately we have yet to repeat the bug in our facilities, we shall keep our eyes open and we sincerely hope that we can catch the bug as soon as possible. Without a defeated unit, we cannot diagnosis nor resolve the bug.

We apologies for the imperfectness of i5 as-is, we are working very hard to improve the product, but if you consider this as unacceptable and insist to have a solution within days, that leave us no option but to ask you to bring your i5 back to your dealer and request for a refund.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 30, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #1,130 of 3,742

Well, I did state: So it really depends on what you are looking for and what type of music you are listening to. :D :D :D

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #1,131 of 3,742
Well, I did state: So it really depends on what you are looking for and what type of music you are listening to.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

any cayin daps are good
redface.gif

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #1,133 of 3,742
With great pleasure, we would like to announce MusicTeck from New Jersey as our new US authorized seller. They will carry the complete Personal Audio products from Cayin, including the i5 DAPt. We have dispatched their first order already and Musicteck will update their website as soon as they have received our products. US customers who are interested in i5 DAP can contact Musicteck for more detail. :beerchug:

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #1,135 of 3,742
Back on the beginning of the thread google play is listed but may not be available at first. Is this function available now?

Yes, Google Play is included since v1.2 International version firmware released back in early July. :beerchug:

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #1,136 of 3,742
Looks like you'll continue to repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat your firmware requests whenever i5 is mentioned. We have heard you, and I hereby respond to you DIRECTLY.

We have included the gapless function into i5's optimization to-do list. Right now it is in low priority list, there are more bugs, promised functions and requirements (that affect larger number of users) that we have to attend to before we come back to the gapless issue. Please refer to my previous response on this issue:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/802382/cayin-i5-lossless-android-dap-with-akm4490-dac-supporting-32-384-pcm-64-128-dsd/555#post_12708775

We shall examine the background hiss problem in the future, we have discussed the feasibility to develop a gain mode for the ultra-sensitive IEMs but we have to test its feasibility before we include this as a to-do items formally. We believe the i5 has fulfilled the original design objective and can paired with a lot of headphones and IEMs satisfactory. Given the wide spectrum of portable headphones and IEMs on the market, we cannot guarantee that i5 can handle or pair with EVERY headphones and IEMs. Please refer to my previous response on this issue:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/802382/cayin-i5-lossless-android-dap-with-akm4490-dac-supporting-32-384-pcm-64-128-dsd/960#post_12781261

The 30sec bug is listed in our bug list and this is a high priority item. Unfortunately we have yet to repeat the bug in our facilities, we shall keep our eyes open and we sincerely hope that we can catch the bug as soon as possible. Without a defeated unit, we cannot diagnosis nor resolve the bug.

We apologies for the imperfectness of i5 as-is, we are working very hard to improve the product, but if you consider this as unacceptable and insist to have a solution within days, that leave us no option but to ask you to bring your i5 back to your dealer and request for a refund.

Thanks Andy,

Seems you got me wrong. I am very happy with the i5 (not so with the case though). By no means I want to return it. I am patient enough to wait for things to be sorted out.

However, where I (personally) do not agree is to classify gapless as a low priority item.

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #1,138 of 3,742
Just an observation. I'm not sure if it has been asked before, maybe somewhere in the middle of all these pages in the thread, but I can't seem to find out how to play all songs of a single artist if he/she/they have multiple albums or a whole folder with multiple subfolders in it. I've been trying to find the "play all" button but still has no luck in finding one. I'll appreciate if anyone can guide me through it. Thanks a lot!

I've read pages from 1 to 30 plus and some more on the later pages but I couldn't find anything about the play all function.

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #1,139 of 3,742
@pr0b3r

If you select artist you can switch between display of all artist's albums or all artist's songs. It is the small button left to the play mode button!

Then you have all artist's songs in alphabetical order (more or less at least as the alphatbetical sorting does not work 100%).
You can choose whether you want to listen in order or in shuffle.

In album view you could start playing an album and with folder play through activated you would hear all artist's albums in correct order.

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #1,140 of 3,742
@pr0b3r

If you select artist you can switch between display of all artist's albums or all artist's songs. It is the small button left to the play mode button!

Then you have all artist's songs in alphabetical order (more or less at least as the alphatbetical sorting does not work 100%).
You can choose whether you want to listen in order or in shuffle.

In album view you could start playing an album and with folder play through activated you would hear all artist's albums in correct order.

Thanks man! I actually just found it then I saw your reply. It's something unusual that's why I didn't notice early. I'll try to check the folder playing once again and see if I could get it right. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back