Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Jan 14, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #886 of 2,306
The LF is the biggest improvement I've heard in the high end category. Going from the SA8004 out to the LF was fantastic. I'll never be able to go back once it actually arrives. The loaner only made it worse.

Quote:
I picked up a Burson HA 160D right after Xmas on a whim (what kind of sick hobby has $1,250 whims???) as I was still undecided about the LF or other options in its pricerange, and it's a substantial upgrade over the previous Lyr and SA8004 I was running them out of, so I am currently pacified in lieu of the arrival of the LF... however, knowing what's coming and waiting is indeed it's own kind of hell 
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #887 of 2,306
funny.  i pass the time the same way.
order a bunch of smaller things, and watch them trickle in day by day.
like CDs from amazon, or cables, cords, etc.
and then, one day you check your email and your long-awaited item is headed your way....

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #888 of 2,306
The Absolute Sound did a review of the RMAF CanJam in the new issue (Not a subscriber-saw it at the Library) and they mentioned the LF for $325!?!?  Obvious typo..............I'll take ten please!

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #891 of 2,306
I am listening...............no......digging Blood Sweat, and Tears "Child is the Father to Man" MFSL CD.  This is the Al Kooper version of BS&T which most, unless you are around 50, have heard.  Totally a different deal.  This is a 60's trip of an album, really well recorded dynamics, interesting as all-get-out.  The LF just makes this baby sound magnificent!  Check it out!

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #892 of 2,306

Quote:
It is only tonight that I read your real words and not fedex, funny how the brain sees what it wishes and very clever :wink:

we still need to get together sometime ....

..dB

Yes we do.  I'm first on the Stratus 2A3 pre-order list, and I believe it should be coming in within a couple weeks.  A shootout would be most instructive.  

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #893 of 2,306

Quote:
I am listening...............no......digging Blood Sweat, and Tears "Child is the Father to Man" MFSL CD.  This is the Al Kooper version of BS&T which most, unless you are around 50, have heard.  Totally a different deal.  This is a 60's trip of an album, really well recorded dynamics, interesting as all-get-out.  The LF just makes this baby sound magnificent!  Check it out!

I saw them perform once.   They were unbelievable!     

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #894 of 2,306

Quote:
The LF is the biggest improvement I've heard in the high end category. Going from the SA8004 out to the LF was fantastic. I'll never be able to go back once it actually arrives. The loaner only made it worse.

Agreed. Had a tube problem that took the LF off line for a day - went back to my old ASL MG Head -- it was like it was playing through a pillow. I am so totally spoiled by the LF. 

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #895 of 2,306
Listening to The Beatles "White Album" I ripped from their 24 bit Apple USB I own.  This was never my favorite of theirs but I re-visited because of an article I read by Michael Fremmer about which White Album to buy and he mentioned the 24 bit files.  With this rig and the LF this just kills.  All sorts of details I missed before and the bass so defined and wonderful.  Wow!

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #896 of 2,306

Quote:
Listening to The Beatles "White Album" I ripped from their 24 bit Apple USB I own.  This was never my favorite of theirs but I re-visited because of an article I read by Michael Fremmer about which White Album to buy and he mentioned the 24 bit files.  With this rig and the LF this just kills.  All sorts of details I missed before and the bass so defined and wonderful.  Wow!

I was 12 when it came out.  After school my friends would ask me if I wanted to go riding but I say no way I've got to run home and listen to the white Album.  I had a Dual turntable, a Lafayette receiver and a pair of Criterion speakers.

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #897 of 2,306

Quote:

I was 12 when it came out.  After school my friends would ask me if I wanted to go riding but I say no way I've got to run home and listen to the white Album.  I had a Dual turntable, a Lafayette receiver and a pair of Criterion speakers.

I like a man (err...kid) who has their priorities straight.
smile.gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #898 of 2,306
There used to be an edit in "Happiness is a warm gun" that one could hear in the original at 2:21 in the track.  Just before John does the really high "GUUUUUUN".  you could hear the manual splice in the tape where another take was cut in and you could hear the sound of the splice moving across the playback head.   I believe though that in the newer releases it has been the sound of the splice moving across the playback head has been removed.   

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #899 of 2,306
I haven't listened to Leo Kottke's  6 and 12 string guitar in a while and never withe the LF.  This is just guitar and an incredible performance and a sonic delight.  With the rig and LF the guitar is just so musically bouncy and wonderful.  I did see Leo back in 1970 and he performed this.  I was just knocked down how great a player he was/is plus a really funny guy too!

Feb 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #900 of 2,306
So it's February now, is anyone else who has preordered the LF for Feb delivery getting anxious? Or has anyone heard as to when they may start rolling off the production lines and into shipping boxes?

This is going to be a looooong month.
frown.gif
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back