Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Feb 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #916 of 2,306
This is not surprising.

Headphones are usually a little more resolving than speakers in the same price range and even better than some speakers costing twice what your headphone rig costs in detail retrieval. THis is because of the proximity of the driver to your ears and for the lack of any crossover between the amp and the driver giving you excellent phase coherency. The LF is also the most neutral sounding amp I have heard on the dynamic end and is very resolving in itself. Paired with the right source and transducer it will faithfully reproduce whatever is fed in. Nothing more, nothing less. 

At least this has been my experience. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #917 of 2,306
I'd love to see a Cavalli low powered speaker amp come along.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #918 of 2,306

Quote:
I'd love to see a Cavalli low powered speaker amp come along.  
bigsmile_face.gif

lols..funny you mention this..i have been after him for this for quite a while now.

The LF would be a fantastic power amp. Just would need a beefy power supply and redeisgn of the amp sections to parallel output devices on massive off board heatsinks. A 100 watt (into 8 ohms) class A LF would be quite something.

I wouldn't hold my breath though on this....He seems to be rather busy with the production of the LF and LL.

There is the Moskido if you want to try out a hybrid Class A power amp which is a Broskie design. Check out the thread on diyaudio.com

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #920 of 2,306

Quote:
lols..funny you mention this..i have been after him for this for quite a while now.

The LF would be a fantastic power amp. Just would need a beefy power supply and redeisgn of the amp sections to parallel output devices on massive off board heatsinks. A 100 watt (into 8 ohms) class A LF would be quite something.

I wouldn't hold my breath though on this....He seems to be rather busy with the production of the LF and LL.

There is the Moskido if you want to try out a hybrid Class A power amp which is a Broskie design. Check out the thread on diyaudio.com

Thanks I'll check that out!   I'll still hold my breath though!

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #921 of 2,306
Gentlemen, there has been some conversation about the current LF production run and a few queries.

I think I am allowed to simply offer brief status on this since some of you will be buyers on this run.

At this point the run is pretty much on schedule with deliveries beginning at the end of Feb. Amps will be delivered in the order in which the signups/orders were received, including the the orders from the dealers (who I appreciate more and more every day).
smile.gif

The amps are burnt in and tested in groups of 10 and then are shipped in groups of 10 to the various new owners. It takes a few days on the bench to accumlate a full 50 hours of burn in and to find infant mortality in the tubes and to ensure that the output bias is settled. So there will be several waves of shipment.

Also (and I'm not sure this is allowed as MOT), there will be extra amps in this run which will be available beyond the fulfilment of the orders. In case any of you guys want two or three of them.
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #922 of 2,306
Thanks for the update Alex!

Any pics of production that you can share?

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #927 of 2,306

Well ****. I sure hope my LF is here by the March 10th meet. Either way I'll see you there, Alex. :D

Quote:
Gentlemen, there has been some conversation about the current LF production run and a few queries.

I think I am allowed to simply offer brief status on this since some of you will be buyers on this run.

At this point the run is pretty much on schedule with deliveries beginning at the end of Feb. Amps will be delivered in the order in which the signups/orders were received, including the the orders from the dealers (who I appreciate more and more every day).
smile.gif

The amps are burnt in and tested in groups of 10 and then are shipped in groups of 10 to the various new owners. It takes a few days on the bench to accumlate a full 50 hours of burn in and to find infant mortality in the tubes and to ensure that the output bias is settled. So there will be several waves of shipment.

Also (and I'm not sure this is allowed as MOT), there will be extra amps in this run which will be available beyond the fulfilment of the orders. In case any of you guys want two or three of them.
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #930 of 2,306

Quote:
ROFL!!
that would be epic!

Quote:
Mmmmmmmmmmmm................................mono blocks..................

There you go!  Someone's go to be the first, blaze the trail and become a legend...
very_evil_smiley.gif

The Mono Blocks...

Maybe the Mono Blocks could be named after the first to demand they be made and sold to him!

TheWuss or Icenine2 Edition Mono Blocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back