Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Feb 9, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #932 of 2,306
Will I do any damage to the Liquid Fire or my headphone and IEM if I connect Jack 1 to the LCD3 and an IEM (via an adaptor plug) to Jack 2 simultaneously?

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #934 of 2,306
Im just on the 1st few pages of this thread so maybe Im wrong.
But a poster on the 1st page of this thread said the LF was over 3K.
I go to there website and it says its only 1100
Is this the same amp you are talking about?

Whats the price.

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #938 of 2,306
The consensus seems to be that the Lyr has mo' power but the Cavalli offers superior sound for TOTL headphones.

Feb 19, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #941 of 2,306

Quote:
$2500 on audio equipment means different things to different people.  Where do you live?  There may be LF owners or meets planned nearby.

Louisiana
I have never even heard my LCD2's yet.
I ordered them yesterday.
Will receive them in a week or so.
I am getting real close to pulling the trigger on my AMP and DAC which I have not purchased yet.
Thought I was going to get the LYR and the BITFROST until I started reading the reviews of the LF in this thread.
I can afford 3200 if its really really really special. 
My problem is I just dont have a way to listen to them to judge for myself if the LF is worth over 2500 more then the LYR
And this is not even taking into consideration that I will also need to buy a DAC, probably more then the BITFROST I was going to get for the LYR.

This is my very first real entry into the high-end audio hobby.

I have never heard anything better then a SENN HD555 with a filo dec/amp.

So im sure that no matter what I do im going to get blown away by the new setup I get.

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #942 of 2,306
Why dont you take it one step at a time?  I mean try the Lyr and Bitfrost with the LCD2.  If thats not what you wanted u can always sell it here and move on to higher gears.  Or if funds permit get them both.  Everybody has different perception of sound maybe you'll like it better with the Lyr?  Who knows.  Im using my LCD2 with the Lyr on stock GE tubes and its good, not great but good.  Still waiting for some Valvo 6922 CCa.  From what I heard till now with the LCD is that its very detailed and has a strong emphasis on bass.  This is coming from a Senn HD650 which is more laid back compared to a in your face front sound of the LCD.  Btw i just got my LCD this week.

Quote:
Louisiana
Will receive them in a week or so.
I am getting real close to pulling the trigger on my AMP and DAC which I have not purchased yet.
Thought I was going to get the LYR and the BITFROST until I started reading the reviews of the LF in this thread.
I can afford 3200 if its really really really special. 
My problem is I just dont have a way to listen to them to judge for myself if the LF is worth over 2500 more then the LYR
And this is not even taking into consideration that I will also need to buy a DAC, probably more then the BITFROST I was going to get for the LYR.

I have never heard anything better then a SENN HD555 with a filo dec/amp.

So im sure that no matter what I do im going to get blown away by the new setup I get.

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #943 of 2,306

Quote:
Louisiana

The question you ask can truly only be answered by yourself. If you listen to both in your own home and after some adjustment time to get used to your new sound. People are sometimes immediately impressed by product x but after some time they hear various flaws which drive them to other products. 

The choice to start in the middle and work up ( or not ) or to jump in at the top and not think about it again is again one that only you can make. All hobbies have this phenomenon, cameras, bicycles, just name a product category and there are tiers of quality in each of them. In the end , you make your buying decision based on market perception and your consideration of worth. 

welcome to headfi and good luck with your choices, there are no truly bad decision ( well there are but lets not go there :wink: ) , whatever you purchase will be a reference point in your journey, just enjoy the ride. 

..dB

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #944 of 2,306

Quote:
dBel84 said:

welcome to headfi and good luck with your choices, there are no truly bad decision ( well there are but lets not go there :wink: ) , whatever you purchase will be a reference point in your journey, just enjoy the ride. 

..dB

I love the last part of your post.

A reference point.

You are right.
I have no reference point.

This will be my 1st one.

Like I said. I have been listening to a cheep pair of SENN555's for over 2 years with a cheep FILO dac/amp.
I had no other reference to go off of until I heard a friend of mines HD800's for 5 mins.

That experience drove me straight to this site.

Thought I was going to get the 800's but after much research it seems like I will like the LCD's more.

I also love your point about buying in the middle or buying at the top.

You described me perfectly talking about a person who hears imperfections to the point of bothering me like a scratch that wont go away.
Im exactly like that.
If I know there is something out there better then what I got it bothers me. LOL

When I got into golf I started out in the middle and never got happy till I bought clubs that cost more then they should.

Only reason I am not pulling the trigger on this LF 100% is because I cannot compare the 2 side by side. So I wont be able to know what im missing.

But based on all the reviews this things seems to be a dream unit.

I would be willing to travel up to 3 hours from my house to sample a LF if someone is up to it.
It would be appreciated like you would not know.

I live in the middle of Louisiana.

Let me know.

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #945 of 2,306
The LF is absolutely a few steps above the Lyr. The first thing I've noticed going from any amp to the LF is the bass. That's going from a Nova, a Leben, Lyr, vintage receivers (2238 and Pioneer SX series). The bass is just flat out better from the LF.

Synergy is one thing, but these 2 were made for each other...I can't wait to actually get mine so I can hear the magic every day. This is based on a week and a half of personal time with the LF in my home on my own setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back