Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Jul 2, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #2,296 of 2,306
Sitting here in the dark listening to Allman Brothers Fillmore "Whipping Post" rip from MFSL SACD. Upgraded a while back to Wyred 4 Sound Dac 2v2 SE. All sounds pretty great to me.

Jul 2, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #2,297 of 2,306
That is a great DAC for the money. I enjoyed mine for quite awhile.

Mar 6, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #2,298 of 2,306
I know this thread is more than a decade old, but I just recently hooked it up for gaming purpose with my HE1000v2. Didn't expect to listen to music but when I was playing a game with my own background music (Street Fighter 6) I started up Tidal (master tier). Bruh. I couldn't even believe what I has hearing and that I had let this setup sit in my storage for so long.

Throughout these years I have had rigs many more times the price of this setup, but now I have heard one of the best sound I ever had, connecting to a crappy source (7950X3D + RTX4090 computer, which is powerful in itself but no doubt full of noise, with the amp just connected to the Line Out of my motherboard (MSI X670E Meg Ace)). I checked that it has my Siemens vintage CCa tubes installed which costed quite a bit, with a quad set of vintage Telefunkens acting as backup. I will try to connect to a better source and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #2,299 of 2,306
The Liquid Fire was one of my favorite amps to review. Such great sound. Nice that you are putting it back into service.

Mar 6, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #2,300 of 2,306
Excellent! I owned one of the first for years. It was superb. Don't know what ever became of Alex Cavalli. He was super nice to me through the years and I was able to test a few prototypes of his.

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #2,301 of 2,306
He gave up the business, also he seemed very tired of the bull some people threw at him, especially since it was all fake and fabricated. Yeah, I am looking at those sad slobs over at head case including their idols.

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #2,302 of 2,306
He gave up the business, also he seemed very tired of the bull some people threw at him, especially since it was all fake and fabricated. Yeah, I am looking at those sad slobs over at head case including their idols.
Gilmore worshipers. Those nice people over there had it out for me a few times. Lovely

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #2,303 of 2,306
Liquid Fire and Liquid Gold probably my two favorites of his. They were all wonderful.

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:08 AM Post #2,304 of 2,306
The Liquid Fire is still my favorite amp that I own. I will never sell it. The sound is just so involving and resolving when paired with planars like Audeze along with the right sonic style of source DAC (Schiit multibit, Berkeley Audio, and similar styles of DACs). The sound in a setup like that is just magic. And also a secret weapon in being able to hear differences between DACs. With the Liquid Fire the sound quality style of the source does make a difference. The sound qualities and sound style of the source is an important factor in discovering system synergy with the Cavalli amps.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #2,305 of 2,306
The Liquid Fire is still my favorite amp that I own. I will never sell it. ....
Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire are no longer produced. I search for the schema of this amp, but don't found it. Can help anyone please?

Mar 8, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #2,306 of 2,306
The Liquid Fire is still my favorite amp that I own. I will never sell it. The sound is just so involving and resolving when paired with planars like Audeze along with the right sonic style of source DAC (Schiit multibit, Berkeley Audio, and similar styles of DACs). The sound in a setup like that is just magic. And also a secret weapon in being able to hear differences between DACs. With the Liquid Fire the sound quality style of the source does make a difference. The sound qualities and sound style of the source is an important factor in discovering system synergy with the Cavalli amps.
Agreed - the fact I pulled it out after five years from storage and it still works like a charm is nothing short of amazing too. I guess having no capicitors helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back