Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Jan 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #856 of 2,306

Quote:
If you want to roll your eyes back in your head sonic-wise and challenge sanity plus have a laugh or two then Captain Beefheart's "Doc at the Radar Station" is what you need!

I must say: You must have an incredible collection of music. What's your inventory count on complete albums; or for that matter, everything to do with music?
smile.gif

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #857 of 2,306
I've been running my Liquid Fire with a quad of Mullard CV2493 for the last two weeks -- the mid-70s, British-made version in the funky Styrofoam boxes. Quite nice with the HE-6 -- velvety mids and deep (but not thunderous) bass. This weekend, I'm rolling in two pairs of Siemens CCa (one pair grey shields, one pair chrome). Hoping for some improvement in bass quantity. I'll post my impressions some time on Sunday.

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #858 of 2,306

Clayton,

I'd have to count.  Not huge but maybe a bit eclectic here and there for sure!
Quote:
I must say: You must have an incredible collection of music. What's your inventory count on complete albums; or for that matter, everything to do with music?
smile.gif

Jan 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #859 of 2,306

Quote:
Clayton,

I'd have to count.  Not huge but maybe a bit eclectic here and there for sure!

I was hunting through my vinyl records and came across Spooky Tooth "Spooky Two" and Lee Michaels. I wonder if you had ever heard of them. These groups used high powered Hammond Organ with Leslie Speakers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_speaker

Jan 6, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #860 of 2,306
Clayton,

You and I are the same age.  I do remember both.  Remember Spooky's version of "I am the Walrus"?  And that crazy drummer of Lee's?  Talking about Leslie organ...........Keith Emerson in the Nice!

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #862 of 2,306

Quote:
Clayton,

You and I are the same age.  I do remember both.  Remember Spooky's version of "I am the Walrus"?  And that crazy drummer of Lee's?  Talking about Leslie organ...........Keith Emerson in the Nice!

I saw Lee Michaels in concert in the day. Frosty was the drummer. He would toss his drumsticks away and do a lengthy drum solo with just his fists, the palms of his hands, and his elbows too. Crazy good! Good LOUD head banging music from just 2 people--drums, an organ and a wall of amps! TUBE AMPS!

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #863 of 2,306
Sounds like some good ol' Moby Dick stuff right there.

Quote:
I saw Lee Michaels in concert in the day. Frosty was the drummer. He would toss his drumsticks away and do a lengthy drum solo with just his fists, the palms of his hands, and his elbows too. Crazy good! Good LOUD head banging music from just 2 people--drums, an organ and a wall of amps! TUBE AMPS!

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #867 of 2,306
Off topic but I'll choose Carl Palmer.  I think I've seen every big rock drummer and he easily surpassed them all.  Then it would be Bill Bruford (I know they are from the same prog circle but no coincidence).

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #870 of 2,306

Quote:
We need to stay on topic here.

Originally Posted by sridhar3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Oh sweet irony.

I agree: Stay on Topic--
John Bonham and the rest of aforementioned drummers all sound incredibly awesome on the Liquid Fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back