Campfire - Solaris
Feb 27, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #11,686 of 12,035
Has anyone heard of anything new down the pipe from CFA? An updated Solaris perhaps? Their lineup seems incomplete without it.
I have heard from a reliable source that they are working on "several new TOTL models" as well as some new tech/driver configs slated for this year.
Unfortunately I don't have any additional info - not sure about specific timing, if this implies a Solaris update or replacement, etc.

I continue to have a special regard for my Solaris LE and Andro Gold Ti, and so needless to say I'm really looking forward to whatever they have in the oven :)

Feb 27, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #11,687 of 12,035
I have heard from a reliable source that they are working on "several new TOTL models" as well as some new tech/driver configs slated for this year.
Unfortunately I don't have any additional info - not sure about specific timing, if this implies a Solaris update or replacement, etc.

I continue to have a special regard for my Solaris LE and Andro Gold Ti, and so needless to say I'm really looking forward to whatever they have in the oven :)

Cheers you just made my day. Recent acquisitions have given me lots to focus on and love for now so I'm not that concerned with timing-- simply knowing CFA has some new models on the horizon is is enough for me for the time being. Campfire Audio is a quirky and unpredictable brand but they are dear to me and I'll always root for them & get hyped for whatever they put out. Thanks again.

Feb 27, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #11,688 of 12,035
I’m definitely hyped for a Solaris successor, whether that be a revision or a totally new flagship model. I would love a Solaris with Andro 2020 tuning :D

Feb 27, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #11,689 of 12,035
I’m definitely hyped for a Solaris successor, whether that be a revision or a totally new flagship model. I would love a Solaris with Andro 2020 tuning :D

I would love a single DD in a ceramic shell with Andromeda 2020 tuning.

Feb 27, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #11,690 of 12,035
I would love a single DD in a ceramic shell with Andromeda 2020 tuning.
Sadly I've never tried a Campfire single DD. I was close to pulling the trigger on an Atlas at one point in time. But yes, a single DD with Andro 2020 tuning would be awesome too :) basically an Andro 2020 with some DD texturing

Feb 27, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #11,691 of 12,035
LOL and I would love a Solaris with a bit more sub-bass emphasis
Surprised???

Feb 27, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #11,692 of 12,035
Sadly I've never tried a Campfire single DD. I was close to pulling the trigger on an Atlas at one point in time. But yes, a single DD with Andro 2020 tuning would be awesome too :) basically an Andro 2020 with some DD texturing

Honestly if I ever go custom Equinox is at the top of the pile of what I would consider. It's modestly priced, a single DD that allegedly is more balanced than the Atlas and CFA is pretty local to me which would minimize hassle if any issues arose.

Feb 27, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #11,693 of 12,035
LOL and I would love a Solaris with a bit more sub-bass emphasis
Surprised???
More bass for you never comes as a surprise hahaha

I'd also like a touch more sub bass. A little more sub bass + Andro 2020 mid and treble tuning. Ooooof

Honestly if I ever go custom Equinox is at the top of the pile of what I would consider. It's modestly priced, a single DD that allegedly is more balanced than the Atlas and CFA is pretty local to me which would minimize hassle if any issues arose.

@bigbeans recently got an Equinox and has said positive things about it too. Hopefully CFA can bring out something with a similar tuning in universal form! My commitment issues run too deep to go custom lol.

Feb 27, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #11,694 of 12,035
More bass for you never comes as a surprise hahaha

I'd also like a touch more sub bass. A little more sub bass + Andro 2020 mid and treble tuning. Ooooof

@bigbeans recently got an Equinox and has said positive things about it too. Hopefully CFA can bring out something with a similar tuning in universal form! My commitment issues run too deep to go custom lol.

Yeah same...CFA regularly puts the Equinox on sale for like $1K...which is in the territory of "it wouldn't bother me that much if I grew out of it eventually".

Mar 2, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #11,696 of 12,035
If anyone is interested, I have posted a review of the Campfire Audio Sabre recently.
It seems to take several of the elements of both Solaris and Dorado that I found really enjoyable, and adds some unique qualities all of its own!

Personally, I really like this IEM; it's actually made me reconsider some elements of what I thought would be my ideal tuning.
The upper mids are more forward than on either of the Campfire IEMs I've just mentioned, but I didn't really find it to be shrill or harsh, and I am personally sensitive to frequencies in this region. Trying different tips (which also allowed for different insertion depths) helped a lot here.
I settled on my New Bee memory foam tips in the end and they work really well for me.

I was idly considering to title the review "Campfire Audio Saber; the IEM the Odin could have been!" partly just for the click-bait factor and to annoy anyone out there with no sense of humour :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But mainly, it was because when I heard the Odin, I was stunned and loved it, but just found the upper mids *too* much at times, whilst also wishing for a bit more impact, rumble and presence in the low end.
Whilst I'm obviously not putting a $449 IEM on the same level as the circa $3k Odin, I do feel that in terms of the sound signature, it really is the Odin as - to some extent - I wished it had been.

Well, I don't want to waffle on too much; if you are interested, feel free to read more here on Head-Fi by clicking the link below:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/campfire-audio-saber.25725/reviews#review-28040

I salute Campfire Audio for pushing into new audio territories here, and would really love to see them include some of the elements of this new tuning into whatever flagship(s) they might release in the future :D

Mar 2, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #11,697 of 12,035
Finally i sold my solaris 2020 and kept vega 2020. Solaris is superior iem and i really enjoyed the experience with solaris but for my use vega 2020 with cayin ru6 is the right combination. In every case wait for new releases from campfire

Mar 3, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #11,698 of 12,035
My solaris 2020 and vega 2020 are both up for sale, my experience with both is that the Vega is the 'fun' one of the two, perfect for commuting with bass-driven music. The solaris is one of those rare IEMs that seems so perfectly balanced, and is my choice for more detailed and critical listening. Things change though, and I want to try other brands!

Mar 3, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #11,699 of 12,035
My solaris 2020 and vega 2020 are both up for sale, my experience with both is that the Vega is the 'fun' one of the two, perfect for commuting with bass-driven music. The solaris is one of those rare IEMs that seems so perfectly balanced, and is my choice for more detailed and critical listening. Things change though, and I want to try other brands!
You'll be back :gs1000smile:

Mar 4, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #11,700 of 12,035
After getting the 64Audio Duo, I can't listen to my Solaris 2020 for very long. I get how brain burn in influences that, totally, but I also think the Duo do things more 'correctly' than the Solaris, to my ears. They seem tonally to be more balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back