Campfire - Solaris
Mar 23, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #11,716 of 12,035
Edit: wrong thread! Sorry 🤭

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #11,717 of 12,035
Been a while...

Just drop by... found new pairing that I think is very nice to SOLARIS Classic... ifi xDSD Gryphon ....
Using Audirvana, MQA, Xbass on, with back switch to Bass only... also IEmatch on... the result, background is the blackest with still fun tuning (deepest mid bass)... IMO...
20220404_123418.jpg

edit : additional... using bluetooth LDAC from Note20u with UAPP... consider this is the cleanest sounds using wireless from Solaris Classic...
20220404_131253.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #11,718 of 12,035
Been a while...

Just drop by... found new pairing that I think is very nice to SOLARIS Classic... ifi xDSD Gryphon ....
Using Audirvana, MQA, Xbass on, with back switch to Bass only... also IEmatch on... the result, background is the blackest with still fun tuning (deepest mid bass)... IMO...

edit : additional... using bluetooth LDAC from Note20u with UAPP... consider this is the cleanest sounds using wireless from Solaris Classic...

Thanks for including us in your set-up! Our stuff synergizes well with Campfire IEMs in general, but the built-in IEMatch is a gamechanger for this one!

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #11,720 of 12,035
20220406_152806.jpg

CAYIN N8ii.
The Tube mode in Balanced 4.4, is highlighted pair with Solaris Classic, No Hiss... yap... clean...
Tube sounding (KORG), create very good depth, while wider soundstage can be achieved by switching to Solid state mode.
For me, Class A or AB sounds no different.

Apr 9, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #11,721 of 12,035
IMG_20220409_110559.jpg

Hi. I had a hard time finding a good cable for my Solaris OG at a price that wasn't outrageous. Nothing improved the stock, especially in terms of balance. I've been with the ISN G4 for a couple of months and they have already become inseparable companions. The notes have more body, more weight, there is a better separation of instruments and even a little more detail. In case anyone is looking for the same thing as me. I'm giving my Solaris a second youth.

Apr 13, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #11,722 of 12,035
Hi guys,
I got my used Solaris 2020 about a week ago. I have never owned a pair of iems this good (or expensive for that matter) and I really love the soundstage, clarity and lush sound of them. However, I am really missing that exciting treble sparkle. I also find female vocals a bit veiled.

I'm currently pairing them with my iPhone 12 and TempoTec Sonata HD Pro DAC/amp dongle (no hiss!) but I am looking to upgrade. Any DAC/amp recommendations that would give me more sparkle or are the Solaris 2020 just not for me? (No DAPs please.)

Should I have gone with the Andros or the Aras instead? I could still return my Solaris.

I listen to classical music, folk, jazz, indie pop, neo soul and rnb.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #11,723 of 12,035
Hi guys,
I got my used Solaris 2020 about a week ago. I have never owned a pair of iems this good (or expensive for that matter) and I really love the soundstage, clarity and lush sound of them. However, I am really missing that exciting treble sparkle. I also find female vocals a bit veiled.

I'm currently pairing them with my iPhone 12 and TempoTec Sonata HD Pro DAC/amp dongle (no hiss!) but I am looking to upgrade. Any DAC/amp recommendations that would give me more sparkle or are the Solaris 2020 just not for me? (No DAPs please.)

Should I have gone with the Andros or the Aras instead? I could still return my Solaris.

You should try something like z1r

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #11,725 of 12,035
I'd rather stick to Campfire as I really liked the build, look and overall sound signature of the Solaris.
To be honest, If you want the treble you need as well as the female vocal performance, both the Andromeda and Ara will have lower performance than Solaris 2020. Since Solaris is so easy to drive, even if you switch to a better DAC/AMP, you won't get more tuning progress but more technical ones, such as resolution and separation. So my suggestion is that you take a look at other IEMs in terms of what you want to pursue. But I personally like Solaris a lot so I highly recommend you keep it.

Apr 13, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #11,726 of 12,035
You should try something like z1r
To be honest, If you want the treble you need as well as the female vocal performance, both the Andromeda and Ara will have lower performance than Solaris 2020. Since Solaris is so easy to drive, even if you switch to a better DAC/AMP, you won't get more tuning progress but more technical ones, such as resolution and separation. So my suggestion is that you take a look at other IEMs in terms of what you want to pursue. But I personally like Solaris a lot so I highly recommend you keep it.
Thank you for your exhaustive answer. I might just give them a few more days for brain burn-in to hopefully kick in. :relaxed:

Apr 13, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #11,727 of 12,035
Hi guys,

Try a OCC silver cable.

Apr 13, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #11,728 of 12,035
I'd rather stick to Campfire as I really liked the build, look and overall sound signature of the Solaris.
Try widebore tips. Do not try and use a "silver cable" as a FR tuning device (snake oil).

Apr 18, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #11,729 of 12,035
Try widebore tips. Do not try and use a "silver cable" as a FR tuning device (snake oil).
I second that. Had to go through quite a few tips to find my preferred sound with OG Solaris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back