Campfire - Solaris
May 25, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #8,821 of 12,035
ExpectinareviewinsteadofcountlesspicsnJapan.

No offence but every time there is a new IEM all I see is pics with nothing as far as impressions or a review. Always all the time. Love your pics, I am not saying this to discourage you or in any disrespect what so ever but to be completely honest. If headfi can give out an award for the best pics. You would win easily. In fact I would like to know what camera your using. Your pics look great. I can't ever recall any type of added impression if at all that help anyone however.

I get tired of looking at pic after pic with nothing ever if at all written about the sound. That is like teasing a caged Lion with a large T bone dangling outside of the cage. I don't know if it is just me but it seriously gets old. New IEM after new IEM after new IEM I can't count how many times with nothing ever written. There should be an unsaid rule here at headfi. If your gonna take some nice pics. Hows about a little impression to go along with it? A small morsel. Anything.

You can disregard my message here and keep posting them lovely photos but some words of how they actually sound would be sooo helpful. I personally would appreciate that.

My adivce - dont go near a Fiio thread.

May 25, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #8,822 of 12,035
As I have just ordered the Solaris 2020 could I please get upgrade cable suggestions to go with dx220 Amp8EX Elna.
I like the look of the Super Litz Smokey one but its not balanced.

May 25, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #8,823 of 12,035
As I have just ordered the Solaris 2020 could I please get upgrade cable suggestions to go with dx220 Amp8EX Elna.
I like the look of the Super Litz Smokey one but its not balanced.

The super litz tends to suppress the openness in this IEM. The EA code 51 has fantastic synergy with 2020 but also you
can't go wrong with leo 2. I believe the Solaris deserves better than stock cable provided.

May 25, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #8,824 of 12,035
The best balanced cable I've found for the Solaris is the DHC Clone Silver, followed by DHC Clone Fusion, then the Effect Audio Eros II+ 8 wire and finally the SXC-8.

May 25, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #8,825 of 12,035
The EA code 51 has fantastic synergy with 2020

It has a terrible synergy with my wallet though. $2500 US for a cable is obscene.

May 25, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #8,826 of 12,035
It has a terrible synergy with my wallet though. $2500 US for a cable is obscene.

I hear you. It's ridiculous spending more on cable than the IEM itself or player even. :)
Nevertheless, I don't regret as this is the best cable which actually made the difference coming from
owning leo2 octa, janus, horus and other totl pwaudio cables, etc. The instrument separation and sound
stage this cable provides are so remarkable that you do not want to attach any other cables.

May 25, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #8,827 of 12,035
ExpectinareviewinsteadofcountlesspicsnJapan.

No offence but every time there is a new IEM all I see is pics with nothing as far as impressions or a review. Always all the time. Love your pics, I am not saying this to discourage you or in any disrespect what so ever but to be completely honest. If headfi can give out an award for the best pics. You would win easily. In fact I would like to know what camera your using. Your pics look great. I can't ever recall any type of added impression if at all that help anyone however.

I get tired of looking at pic after pic with nothing ever if at all written about the sound. That is like teasing a caged Lion with a large T bone dangling outside of the cage. I don't know if it is just me but it seriously gets old. New IEM after new IEM after new IEM I can't count how many times with nothing ever written. There should be an unsaid rule here at headfi. If your gonna take some nice pics. Hows about a little impression to go along with it? A small morsel. Anything.

You can disregard my message here and keep posting them lovely photos but some words of how they actually sound would be sooo helpful. I personally would appreciate that.

Its still early, impressions and reviews will come... I just saw this one of all 3, it is an early quick impression here and more will come.

https://theheadphonelist.com/campfire-audio-2020-launch-impressions/2/

Head-pie also does a pretty thorough written impression on the sound later.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 25, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #8,828 of 12,035
I couldn't afford the Code 51 in any foreseeable future.
I do own the SXC8 and I am glad to hear it pairs well with Solaris...
I remember Ken Ball saying its better for Dynamic Drivers then BAs though. And for BA iems he advised the Gold 16 by his Alo company. And the Gold 16 can be bought through Aloaudio Deals sometimes for sub 500usd.
Does anyone have experience with that pair up?

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #8,829 of 12,035
I remember Ken Ball saying its better for Dynamic Drivers then BAs though. And for Solaris he advised the Gold 16 by his Alo company. And the Gold 16 can be both through Aloaudio Deals sometimes for sub 500usd.
I have the Gold16 and found that it neutered the bass on the Solaris. A OCC silver cable is a much better match. Smooth details with no loss of bass.

May 25, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #8,830 of 12,035
I remember Ken Ball saying its better for Dynamic Drivers then BAs though. And for BA iems he advised the Gold 16 by his Alo company. And the Gold 16 can be bought through Aloaudio Deals sometimes for sub 500usd.

Gold 16 looks awesome but I didn't enjoy too much with Solaris. It was just less revealing and lacks the clarity including the bass definition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back