Campfire - Solaris
May 25, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #8,839 of 12,035
May 25, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #8,842 of 12,035
Took the plunge on that cable too. If I dont end up using it here, it looks like a nice cable that will certainly get use somewhere. Likely wont be here for at least 2-3 weeks though, so wont be able to report in for a while.

May 25, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #8,843 of 12,035
I have the Gold16 and found that it neutered the bass on the Solaris. A OCC silver cable is a much better match. Smooth details with no loss of bass.
I have a DHC clone silver balanced cable coming for my Solaris 2020. I will post some pictures and impressions when it arrives. I am currently using a DHC copper balanced cable and it sounds amazing already.

May 25, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #8,844 of 12,035
I have a DHC clone silver balanced cable coming for my Solaris 2020. I will post some pictures and impressions when it arrives. I am currently using a DHC copper balanced cable and it sounds amazing already.
The DHC Clone Silver is an amazing cable. I call it the resolution beast. It allows you to hear every detail without being harsh and lets the bass that was in the recording come thru clean and deep.

May 25, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #8,847 of 12,035
I wish it were available in Europe!
Gonna try and see if they ship internationally.
what length do you recommend?
I'm pretty sure they ship anywhere.

I went with the standard length 4' which works for me.

May 25, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #8,848 of 12,035
I noticed this too when the Andromeda MW10 was released... or It may have been the Solaris SE? Quite frustrating to say the least for prospective buyers.

The pictures are just something the reviewers shoot and post to "prove" that they actually have the IEMs in hand, supporting the point that they wrote those reviews based on their own experience. Truth is: most reviewers don't know what they are talking about at all

May 25, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #8,850 of 12,035
most reviewers don't know what they are talking about at all

I don't think this is fair. Most reviewers are doing a service by providing impressions and info-- however they're human and what you get from any individual reviewer is only one person's impression/opinion and should not be taken as a standard, or as gospel The problem comes when people elevate the opinions of any reviewer to the status of holy writ.
flahegfxorb41.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back