Campfire - Solaris
May 25, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #8,866 of 12,035
I have somewhat of a similar issue and what you want to get is the CA IEMs w/ the new black nozzle, ex: Ara, Gold, Polaris 2, etc. The fit of the updated nozzle is much better, goes deep and seals.

Although I do find an excellent seal w/ all my Andros + Symbio W.
Eh sadly I'm not interested in any of those IEMs. I love the sound of the Andros but the fit isn't quite right. I'll try the Symbios though.

May 26, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #8,867 of 12,035
uuu Cable topic.. I like...

u can buy converter 0.78 to mmcx...
20200526_064927.jpg
still have it, needed this during cable quest quite a while ago...

the Fiio cable have Nice Cable material, with changeable jack, nice... Looking forward for the impression

GU craft man is consider good...
And if you interested in no brand after market cable, there's a thread discus that... here
I've seen that sticker on other peoples Solaris units? What is it for ?

(Sorry if covered here already)

May 26, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #8,868 of 12,035
Solaris 2020 quick look (notes).

C68438B9-0350-49DA-8724-708A87165A53.jpeg

iBasso DX220 to CEntrance Hifi-m8 V2 via BT.
3.5mm Splitter to Solaris 2020 and Solaris Gold OG.
Final Audio tips.
Default basic settings on the Hifi-m8 v2
Music on shuffle.
Not volume matched (much) - though same splitter shared.
Solaris 2020 has around 100 hours on it.
Solaris Gold has well over 500 hours.

Solaris 2020
Fit: excellent.
Nice body to the music. Emotional.
Ethereal.
Bass seems to hit deeper at first - but it is more that the mids have come more into play. Vocals are nicely centered.
a sense of space between instruments, detailed with no edge. Good imaging.
Timbre is better than the Gold.
Smoother and natural but not lacking in detail.
Comes across as more full bodied. Satisfying. Treble is gentle, yet not diminished.
Fairly balanced and even. Coherent.

Solaris Gold OG
Fit: Dependent on user. Case by case. Insertion depth may result in a different user experience.
low end present and hits pretty much the same as 2020 -
But it is more dynamic with the Gold.
upper mids not so prominent.
Soundstage is wide. Vocals just above but within the music.
Can notice the soft u to small w shape compared to the more linear S2020.

F3642D24-38FA-4106-80DC-892784879FF5.jpeg

I swapped to the iBasso DX200 using the fairly (dull?) reference amp 1.

the results are similar

2020 more warm, linear and natural
Solaris OG more v/w, dynamic, but less rich and lacking a certain weight.

the differences are incremental and subtle - but as those fortunate to have tried the SE (not me) noticeable.

the Solaris 2020 is more pleasurable for me. Fit of course for my pixie ‘earlets’
I also enjoy the richer warmer linear signature

i would have liked to have swapped each Superlitz over and also paired them both with standard smokey litz to see what else i could discover.

*plus my daughter would listen here and there and being me food and pprincess tiaras on my head...

*Fun fact - my kids were watching Star Wars III (140minutes).

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #8,872 of 12,035
Solaris 2020 quick look (notes).

iBasso DX220 to CEntrance Hifi-m8 V2 via BT.
3.5mm Splitter to Solaris 2020 and Solaris Gold OG.
Final Audio tips.
Default basic settings on the Hifi-m8 v2
Music on shuffle.
Not volume matched (much) - though same splitter shared.
Solaris 2020 has around 100 hours on it.
Solaris Gold has well over 500 hours.

Solaris 2020
Fit: excellent.
Nice body to the music. Emotional.
Ethereal.
Bass seems to hit deeper at first - but it is more that the mids have come more into play. Vocals are nicely centered.
a sense of space between instruments, detailed with no edge. Good imaging.
Timbre is better than the Gold.
Smoother and natural but not lacking in detail.
Comes across as more full bodied. Satisfying. Treble is gentle, yet not diminished.
Fairly balanced and even. Coherent.

Solaris Gold OG
Fit: Dependent on user. Case by case. Insertion depth may result in a different user experience.
low end present and hits pretty much the same as 2020 -
But it is more dynamic with the Gold.
upper mids not so prominent.
Soundstage is wide. Vocals just above but within the music.
Can notice the soft u to small w shape compared to the more linear S2020.

I swapped to the iBasso DX200 using the fairly (dull?) reference amp 1.

the results are similar

2020 more warm, linear and natural
Solaris OG more v/w, dynamic, but less rich and lacking a certain weight.

the differences are incremental and subtle - but as those fortunate to have tried the SE (not me) noticeable.

the Solaris 2020 is more pleasurable for me. Fit of course for my pixie ‘earlets’
I also enjoy the richer warmer linear signature

i would have liked to have swapped each Superlitz over and also paired them both with standard smokey litz to see what else i could discover.

*plus my daughter would listen here and there and being me food and pprincess tiaras on my head...

*Fun fact - my kids were watching Star Wars III (140minutes).

Really interested in your thoughts around fit. I am swaying between the Andromeda and Solaris 2020 and fit is a big concern, particularly as we can't test and send back during the COVID outbreak

May 26, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #8,873 of 12,035
Really interested in your thoughts around fit. I am swaying between the Andromeda and Solaris 2020 and fit is a big concern, particularly as we can't test and send back during the COVID outbreak

Solaris 2020 is very comfortable.
Also i find the Andro comfortable. V3 and 2020.
- so it comes own to preferred signature.

see these two luminaries posts
- with photos of the Solaris 2020 in their ears

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/campfire-audio-new-iem-release.932244/page-28#post-15632253

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/campfire-audio-new-iem-release.932244/page-23#post-15625309

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #8,874 of 12,035
Solaris 2020 is very comfortable.
Also i find the Andro comfortable. V3 and 2020.
- so it comes own to preferred signature.

see these two luminaries posts
- with photos of the Solaris 2020 in their ears

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/campfire-audio-new-iem-release.932244/page-28#post-15632253

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/campfire-audio-new-iem-release.932244/page-23#post-15625309
Ive read a few times that spiral dot ++ is not a good match soundwise for the either solaris models. Do you find that to be the case?

May 26, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #8,875 of 12,035
Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #8,876 of 12,035
My opinion has changed slightly with a little time in my head and for the DD. I will update my comments when I have some time.

Again, I apologize I realize I haven't given this thread any love. I posted full comparison photos and comments more than a week ago on the other thread.

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #8,877 of 12,035
Ive read a few times that spiral dot ++ is not a good match soundwise for the either solaris models. Do you find that to be the case?

sorry i can not say:

Spiral Dots were my go to for many earphones for a long time (later the ++).

with having the Solaris 2020 for such a short time i have not entered into tip rolling.

for the Solaris Gold i went through Symbios, spiral dots, accoustune, Alza sednafits (and others) in a quest to find the right fit - and sound.

with the Solaris 2020 it will be another journey. Less about fit than being comfortable and trying to fit to the Solaris 2020 ideal signature.

lately i have been trying the Final Audio tips also - which i didn't like for some time.

Plus a combination of dap and situation (commuting or at home) will affect the end choice.

i generally do not use Foam tips,
But did get some of the new Symbio F recently.

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #8,878 of 12,035
May 26, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #8,880 of 12,035
The Solaris SE hisses like a MF on the Cube... I mean, its still listenable when the music starts but definitely noticeable during quiet sections.
I don't really hear hiss with the 2020 as I said. Sometimes when the tinnitus flares it is difficult to distinguish ear noise from hiss. Tinnitus is a curse. This morning is one of those mornings I wouldn't consider listening for hiss...I have it already

I am using Spiral Dots ++ on the 2020

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back