Campfire - Solaris
Nov 2, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #784 of 12,035
Same here. No response from Mr Campfire.

I think they're overflowed by request, when I asked about shipping to Europe, my Solaris shipped well before I got the answer from Hannah :wink:

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #785 of 12,035
My $.02.

I think a lot of this has to do with how your feeling and your mood. Tired, anxious, relaxed, joyous...all have an effect on how much enjoyment I get from music. Same equipment but some days it just "sounds" better than others.

Maybe this is just me, though.
Agreed, better seal than the last time you listened, many factors. And they always sound better, never worse.

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #786 of 12,035
Nov 2, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #787 of 12,035
I have gone down a size in tips (like I did for the Atlas) - deeper insertion now is possible. And still a good seal.

I am using thr Final Audio tips. Good they have so many size options (5?).
I did a short a/b with my favorite spiral tips and didnt notice too much loss either way. But I do hope to find a way to get the Spiral tips to work for me.

I think I mentioned that I did the removing of the memory wire (on the 4.4mm) and I like the fit. It has a usual plastic outer, metal wire then a thinner shrink wrap inner.
The memory wire isnt so bad, but saves me adjusting it.

Where did you guys see your serial number? On the box?

I havent listened since Thursday night due to work and family so that will be another 40 hours on them (left them playing) - so I will be interested in how the dynamic driver is. I would have reached 150 hours by then (six days approx). which might have been the recommended amount.
EDIT: 3-5 days, although Ken said it hit the sweet spot around the six days mark.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #790 of 12,035
While new I agree with you but with time and use becomes better and better.
I'm selling mine just because I don't need to go balanced and not because of this "issues".
Nice ad mate

Nov 2, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #794 of 12,035
I have gone down a size in tips (like I did for the Atlas) - deeper insertion now is possible. And still a good seal.

I am using thr Final Audio tips. Good they have so many size options (5?).
I did a short a/b with my favorite spiral tips and didnt notice too much loss either way. But I do hope to find a way to get the Spiral tips to work for me.

I think I mentioned that I did the removing of the memory wire (on the 4.4mm) and I like the fit. It has a usual plastic outer, metal wire then a thinner shrink wrap inner.
The memory wire isnt so bad, but saves me adjusting it.

Where did you guys see your serial number? On the box?

I havent listened since Thursday night due to work and family so that will be another 40 hours on them (left them playing) - so I will be interested in how the dynamic driver is. I would have reached 150 hours by then (six days approx). which might have been the recommended amount.
EDIT: 3-5 days, although Ken said it hit the sweet spot around the six days mark.
The sixth days the is G-spot:ksc75smile:

Nov 2, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #795 of 12,035
If burn-in is real, why aren't manufacturers burning them in at the factory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back