Campfire - Solaris
Feb 9, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #7,532 of 12,035
Hoping to pick up an ALO balanced cable in the next couple of months. Is there a particular one that pairs best with Solaris? Has anyone done a comparison between the pure silver, reference 8 & sxc 8? The gold 16 is too expensive for a cable in my opinion so I'm ruling that one out. Sorry if this has already been covered, tried searching but couldn't find anything :frowning2:

Feb 9, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #7,533 of 12,035
Hoping to pick up an ALO balanced cable in the next couple of months. Is there a particular one that pairs best with Solaris? Has anyone done a comparison between the pure silver, reference 8 & sxc 8? The gold 16 is too expensive for a cable in my opinion so I'm ruling that one out. Sorry if this has already been covered, tried searching but couldn't find anything :frowning2:
Just keep in mind that the "lower end" (stock) cables have great ergonomics but the Ref8 and SXC8 are quite microphonic.

Feb 9, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #7,535 of 12,035
Ah....That sucks. Thanks for the heads up. I really like the stock super litz. Maybe I’ll just stick with it but get a 4.4mm one

I found the Solaris sounded too thin with the ALO silver cable from the Atlas, obvious varies a lot based on your source etc but I have always found that the Solaris benefits from a bit of copper. I've heard the Ref 8 is meant to be a good pairing but as candlejack said, awful ergonomics.

Feb 9, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #7,536 of 12,035
Just keep in mind that the "lower end" (stock) cables have great ergonomics but the Ref8 and SXC8 are quite microphonic.
I second that, the pure silver is a very nice cable compared to its stiff more expensive cousins.

Ah....That sucks. Thanks for the heads up. I really like the stock super litz. Maybe I’ll just stick with it but get a 4.4mm one
If microphones is an issue for you I would recommend the pure silver. I used it with the Solaris and found the pairing to be better then the stock cable in the detail and clarity.

Feb 9, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #7,537 of 12,035
does solaris hiss with chord mojo.. I will guess yes right.
Mojo hissed with my old SE846 so I think it hisses with Solaris too. You can always get an iEMatch though.
Anyway some users reported that Mojo might not be the best source for Solaris as the sound gets a bit compressed. (Can't confirm this)

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #7,538 of 12,035

What's your source? I have an Alo Silver Litz 4.4 but I actually think I prefer the stock cable, even though I only have a 3.5 termination-- it's a great cable.

Feb 9, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #7,539 of 12,035
Mojo hissed with my old SE846 so I think it hisses with Solaris too. You can always get an iEMatch though.
Anyway some users reported that Mojo might not be the best source for Solaris as the sound gets a bit compressed. (Can't confirm this)
Have Mojo and Solaris. No hiss, and sounds full and wonderful, IMO. Loses out to my LCDi4 with Monoprice portable DAC/Amp with parametric eq applied.

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #7,540 of 12,035
Have Mojo and Solaris. No hiss, and sounds full and wonderful, IMO. Loses out to my LCDi4 with Monoprice portable DAC/Amp with parametric eq applied.
Well, good to hear. but not a very fair comparison due to open acoustics of LCDi4

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #7,541 of 12,035
Well, good to hear. but not a very fair comparison due to open acoustics of LCDi4
Not using as a comparison. What I mean is that the LCDi4 is the only monitor that makes me pause to put on the Solaris. Love my Solaris.

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #7,542 of 12,035
Not using as a comparison. What I mean is that the LCDi4 is the only monitor that makes me pause to put on the Solaris. Love my Solaris.
I own both and I concur. LCD-i4 is something special, with a different set of constraints and application. Its open nature is actually great to kick butts around the house!

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #7,543 of 12,035
I've tried and owned nearly dozen totl IEMs but ever since I had Solaris og and se
I could never enjoy others. Is it a curse or blessing? All i know is that it is the exact
sound signature I want. Just got the amp9 mod on ultimate dx220 fidelizer mod
and I am having crazy listening experience with solaris. It is the most realistic
mind blowing sound experience i've ever encountered. The treble, mid and bass
they all come in at most accurate and transparent fashion in bottomless depth.
This is the best I will ever experience....

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #7,544 of 12,035
I've tried and owned nearly dozen totl IEMs but ever since I had Solaris og and se
I could never enjoy others. Is it a curse or blessing? All i know is that it is the exact
sound signature I want. Just got the amp9 mod on ultimate dx220 fidelizer mod
and I am having crazy listening experience with solaris. It is the most realistic
mind blowing sound experience i've ever encountered. The treble, mid and bass
they all come in at most accurate and transparent fashion in bottomless depth.
This is the best I will ever experience....
I know right. I am trying to find a CIEM but know that I will miss Solaris. My only options are A12t and VE8. A12t is a sidegrade/slight downgrade. I hope VE8 is better.

Feb 14, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #7,545 of 12,035
20200214_133407.jpg
My Custom eartip fit to U12t...
hmm.. want to force to like it... but Dynamic Driver still preferable in my ear...

also try to Trio & fourte with my custom eartip...
20200214_140326.jpg
Yeah, I still keep Solaris OG...
btw, I was diagnose my sound sig is Dark Warm with Transparency... hahaha...
this is based on my daily, DX220 AMP8EX-FE - Brise - Solaris OG

edit.. just want to share..
Solaris to QPm... hiss... but consider still enjoyable then Qp1r or Qp2r...
o yeah... QPm balanced is 4.4mm... Nice...
20200214_135833.jpg
20200214_135859.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back