Campfire - Solaris
Feb 5, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #7,516 of 12,035
Odd question, can anyone tell what brand tips are in the little bag with the cleaning tool? They work pretty well at staying in for me. Are fairly shallow and wide bore. Wanting to know the brand or something equivalent so I can try other sizes.
+1...
well this you have to experience yourself, but at least the guide line is there... Symbio w peel, Spiral dot ++ etc ... Have a fun eartip hunting...

Feb 5, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #7,517 of 12,035
The tips you're talking about are the CFA stock silicon tips. They were my favorite of the included tips too and based on that I think you should try spiral dots or Azla Sednas...the latter are my current faves...they have a similar shape, width and bore width as the stock silicons but are much nicer tips.

2nd this. Also try azla's light tips, softer than the black one. More comfy for longer period. Should try
Spiral dots++ first if you can find them, also soft tips. Even softer than azla light, wide bore but there is lined dots in the inside

Feb 6, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #7,518 of 12,035
The tips you're talking about are the CFA stock silicon tips. They were my favorite of the included tips too and based on that I think you should try spiral dots or Azla Sednas...the latter are my current faves...they have a similar shape, width and bore width as the stock silicons but are much nicer tips.

Thanks everyone. I just ordered spiral dots (could not get the ++ on amazon), Azla Light and thought I would toss in Spinfit just to see. Will order the W peel also.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #7,521 of 12,035
What's the difference between spiral dots (which I have) and spiral dots ++ ? Is it size of bore or some other dimension? Material?

thicker bore material that is colour coded (blue for large etc stays on better) also differences in flexibility of material and the ‘lip’ of the outter sound bore is more pronounced or ‘sharp’

Feb 6, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #7,522 of 12,035
Which full sized headphone would you guys say sounds closer to Solaris? Open or Closed.

Feb 6, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #7,523 of 12,035
Sony MDR-Z1R

Feb 7, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #7,525 of 12,035
IMHO Focal Clear...
but Elear had more bass...
Maybe there's something wrong with my ears. I am really not impressed with the Clear (and I went in trying to like them), while I like the Solaris quite a bit.

Feb 7, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #7,526 of 12,035
Maybe there's something wrong with my ears. I am really not impressed with the Clear (and I went in trying to like them), while I like the Solaris quite a bit.
Nah... prob because my expectation.. hehehe.. anyway I like elear... and looking for a proper AMP to drive in full capacity...

and pairing with the cable, make the vocal more detail... hehehe

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #7,528 of 12,035
Feb 8, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #7,529 of 12,035
Got my Solaris SE today, and having my first listen at the moment.

I’ll give it at least a few hours before making a proper judgement, but here are my initial thoughts:
  • They fit a lot better than I was expecting. When I auditioned the OG Solaris I had a bit of trouble with the fit. It could’ve just been the final E tips I was using on the day.
  • The Solaris reminds me a lot of the Andromeda, but improved pretty much across the board (especially with bass as I expected). To me, they sound more “complete” if that makes any sense! Love that they retain that airy presentation.
  • JVC spiral dot tips sound the best to me. Same as Andromeda.
  • The bass is tamer than I was expecting. Not necessarily a bad thing.
  • These IEM’s are absolutely beautiful. Photos don’t do them any justice.
  • The stock cable is nice. Tried a (relatively) cheap balanced cable (nicehck C16-3) that I use for my andromeda’s and still preferred the stock cable. I found the andromeda’s improved a lot with this cable, which I assume is due to the impedance of the andro? Eventually I’d like to get an ALO balanced cable once my wallet recovers from this purchase.
Very happy so far :) Looking forward to spending more time with them and doing a comparison with my other gear.

EDIT: I should add that they do hiss using a Sony ZX507 dap

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #7,530 of 12,035
Got my Solaris SE today, and having my first listen at the moment.

I’ll give it at least a few hours before making a proper judgement, but here are my initial thoughts:
  • They fit a lot better than I was expecting. When I auditioned the OG Solaris I had a bit of trouble with the fit. It could’ve just been the final E tips I was using on the day.
  • The Solaris reminds me a lot of the Andromeda, but improved pretty much across the board (especially with bass as I expected). To me, they sound more “complete” if that makes any sense! Love that they retain that airy presentation.
  • JVC spiral dot tips sound the best to me. Same as Andromeda.
  • The bass is tamer than I was expecting. Not necessarily a bad thing.
  • These IEM’s are absolutely beautiful. Photos don’t do them any justice.
  • The stock cable is nice. Tried a (relatively) cheap balanced cable (nicehck C16-3) that I use for my andromeda’s and still preferred the stock cable. I found the andromeda’s improved a lot with this cable, which I assume is due to the impedance of the andro? Eventually I’d like to get an ALO balanced cable once my wallet recovers from this purchase.
Very happy so far :) Looking forward to spending more time with them and doing a comparison with my other gear.

EDIT: I should add that they do hiss using a Sony ZX507 dap
Bass improves after 150-200 hours of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back