Campfire - Solaris
Dec 23, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #7,111 of 12,035
Dec 23, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #7,113 of 12,035
Sony IER-Z1R only 1,650 Euro on Amazon.fr!

Oups, wrong thread... or is it?! :p
Nice, but not my cup of tea... but someone told me to try with DMP Z1...
Pairing with DX229 helps the vocal... a bit...

btw, I find my solaris OG did not have Nassally Mid.
but Upper Mid, that can be solved with BRISE Cable...

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #7,114 of 12,035
Hi, long time lurker here, just got my Solaris from black-friday deals. Burning in now for almost 40hours. They're keep getting better. Like others said, tip selection is the most important, right now I'm torn between final e tips and Symbio-W peeled.

Btw, anyone ever tried pwaudio silver gold with Solaris?
for eartip, u need to experience urself. even if the size of each ear will be different size, my case, left is L while Right is M.

For cable, any particular you want to look after like Vocal or Bass?

Salam Kenal pak... Aktif di PAPI atau AKH?

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #7,115 of 12,035
I will be receiving my custom tips in about three weeks, which will result in a further improvement

CustomArt? been lurking for ADVSound though...

What’s the consensus on here on the need for a cable upgrade?

Any recommendations?
Balanced will be worthy, since you will get notice the difference right away (more on Volume)

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #7,116 of 12,035

Balanced will be worthy, since you will get notice the difference right away (more on Volume)

Yup. They came highly recommended and I decided to give it a go, especially after the fit issues I had throughout owning the OG Solaris.

Dec 23, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #7,118 of 12,035
Still overpriced...and a downgrade imho.
Looks like we'll argue this to the end of time. Even compared to the Solaris (SE), which is not even one of those crazy expensive flagships:
- more expensive design.
- more expensive shells.
- more expensive internals.
- more expensive accessories.

Basically, more expensive everything. Still, somehow, $250 cheaper than the Solaris SE. The IER-Z1R may be many things (including a downgrade for some people), but at $1,650 "overpriced" it is not. But I don't want to sidetrack this thread any more. I just thought it would be a funny to post a Z1R deal in one of the main competitor threads.

Dec 23, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #7,119 of 12,035
Hi, long time lurker here, just got my Solaris from black-friday deals. Burning in now for almost 40hours. They're keep getting better. Like others said, tip selection is the most important, right now I'm torn between final e tips and Symbio-W peeled.

Btw, anyone ever tried pwaudio silver gold with Solaris?
I like you am very happy with my Black Friday purchase, plus silver litz for $49 in 4.4. Just looked ahead on this thread and saw that the SE is $1900.Happy with the $800 in my pocket. Solaris is a much better fit than my two tries with Andromeda and I prefer the Solaris sound. Campfire B stock deals are the way to go.

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #7,120 of 12,035
Looks like we'll argue this to the end of time. Even compared to the Solaris (SE), which is not even one of those crazy expensive flagships:
- more expensive design.
- more expensive shells.
- more expensive internals.
- more expensive accessories.

Basically, more expensive everything. Still, somehow, $250 cheaper than the Solaris SE. The IER-Z1R may be many things (including a downgrade for some people), but at $1,650 "overpriced" it is not. But I don't want to sidetrack this thread any more. I just thought it would be a funny to post a Z1R deal in one of the main competitor threads.

still has no mids

Dec 23, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #7,121 of 12,035
The pw audio Loki+ is really something special with the Solaris, can’t comment about the gold though

I don't think my local store here have pw audio loki+ for demo. Already have alo 22 copper mixed with silver (modded) for my Andro, but it's too bulky and heavy especially with Solaris.
I'm thinking along black icon series because there's a sale going on musicteck right now and am looking for insights here for gold plated silver cable synergies on Solaris.

for eartip, u need to experience urself. even if the size of each ear will be different size, my case, left is L while Right is M.

For cable, any particular you want to look after like Vocal or Bass?

Salam Kenal pak... Aktif di PAPI atau AKH?

Already messing with eartips, as u said. For right ear got no problems using whichever tips. But for the left ear can't seem to find balance for perfect fit and comfort. For now I'm using Symbio-W but am considering another tips if there is significant upgrade in comfort.

For signature I guess l'm liking balance overall on Solaris. Coming from Andro, I feel that Andro had the complete signature that I don't think I'm Missing something in my Music, but after switching to Solaris I get that overwhelming feeling and new detail that I haven't heard or didn't notice before on my music.
It's pure curiosity if by tips swapping or cable rolling can get Solaris signature grander, in terms of staging and layering without sacrificing the mid and low that I feel just perfect.

Hi Pak dulu aktif di AU-ID, bisa PM? mau tanya2 :ksc75smile:

I like you am very happy with my Black Friday purchase, plus silver litz for $49 in 4.4. Just looked ahead on this thread and saw that the SE is $1900.Happy with the $800 in my pocket. Solaris is a much better fit than my two tries with Andromeda and I prefer the Solaris sound. Campfire B stock deals are the way to go.

Wow, we actually had the same purchase. I also got the pure silver but opted for 3.5mm for convenience, so i can use it with my LG G8 phone or my DAP. I almost dip on that SE pool, if not considering my future kids fund :dizzy_face:
For me, i liked Andro fit but sometimes feel uncomfy from the edges, but after trying Solaris, I feel they have much better fit in my ears, but they are really tip dependant

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #7,125 of 12,035
That bad huh? I guess I'll demo them in e-earphones next time I'm in tokyo. Wanna know what's with all the buzz

not bad at all :) anyway it’s nice to see more people from my hometown....salam kenal pak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back