Campfire - Solaris
Nov 21, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #6,827 of 12,035
I bought my Solaris at release and just sold them this month. They sound amazing but I couldn't wear them for longer than 20 minutes without having to adjust.

If they ever release a custom version of the Solaris I'll seriously consider sinking money into them.

They just released a custom version of the Andromeda so hopefully they release one for the Solaris, too. Or come up with a version using a new form factor.

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #6,829 of 12,035
That Christmas marketing is apparently everywhere, hope they sound even better than the original :wink: and for some Christmas giveaways OFC :D

Solaris-Inlaid-Lids.png

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #6,830 of 12,035
the Hype train is back on the station..

new Solaris is awesome...

Now I am a Solaris OG user... (I thought OG was Original Green at first)

What hype train?

Nov 22, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #6,833 of 12,035
I suppose that changes in sound will be near nothing... :beyersmile:
Even Ken basically said that it measures the same (how about unit-to-unit?!) but that they *hear* a difference. There are enough people here for whom cables make a world of difference.. I'm sure they'll be able to hear the improvement Ken was alluding to.

Side note: Isn't it interesting how 2 units from the same model can measure significantly different, but people think it's no big deal, but when a new model is released that measures pretty much the same as the old one, they think it's a significant improvement? :)

Nov 22, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #6,834 of 12,035
Side note: Isn't it interesting how 2 units from the same model can measure significantly different, but people think it's no big deal, but when a new model is released that measures pretty much the same as the old one, they think it's a significant improvement? :)
Absolutely, i was auditioning 4 pair of Solaris from different "batch" i think, 2 of 4 pairs was from first thousand, third was 14xx something, and last bought yesterday is 26xx serial number, and i can say that pairs from first thousand was quite crapty in sound from beginning, third pair was absolutely nightmare, last pair from yesterday - well, absolutely brilliant sound even not including burn-in period, how can i explain it, i don't know, but i'm trust my ears. All pairs was untouched, and i was first who unpack those. I think that Campfire upgrading some things by producing next units, this practice is well knowed by electronic manufacturers (revision on PC components for example). So, my thoughts that units, produced closer to Limited editions for example will sound 99.9% same that limited in case of driver tuning etc.
Or maybe i'm just crazy, but i don't think so :o2smile:

Nov 22, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #6,835 of 12,035
Even Ken basically said that it measures the same (how about unit-to-unit?!) but that they *hear* a difference. There are enough people here for whom cables make a world of difference.. I'm sure they'll be able to hear the improvement Ken was alluding to.

it states on the website that their is some tuning differences around the mids / vocal frequency region? Hearing that and seeing as the mids are already very good on the Solaris, I would think would have piqued your interest coming from the z1r :laughing:

Absolutely, i was auditioning 4 pair of Solaris from different "batch" i think, 2 of 4 pairs was from first thousand, third was 14xx something, and last bought yesterday is 26xx serial number, and i can say that pairs from first thousand was quite ***ty in sound from beginning, third pair was absolutely nightmare, last pair from yesterday - well, absolutely brilliant sound even not including burn-in period, how can i explain it, i don't know, but i'm trust my ears. All pairs was untouched, and i was first who unpack those. I think that Campfire upgrading some things by producing next units, this practice is well knowed by electronic manufacturers (revision on PC components for example). So, my thoughts that units, produced closer to Limited editions for example will sound 99.9% same that limited in case of driver tuning etc.
Or maybe i'm just crazy, but i don't think so :o2smile:

Wow... getting to unbox / have the first listen of 4 separate Solaris! You must be besties with a few audio stores :smirk:.

but yeah, £400 extra for some visual bling with next to no changes of the driver configuration / internals? Can’t say I’m overly keen. Looking forward to hearing impressions though.

Nov 22, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #6,836 of 12,035
Nov 22, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #6,837 of 12,035
it states on the website that their is some tuning differences around the mids / vocal frequency region? Hearing that and seeing as the mids are already very good on the Solaris, I would think would have piqued your interest coming from the z1r :laughing:

Regarding my Z1R: Haha, touche! Well played, my friend. :)

Regarding the Solaris, I think the website says is that the "tuning" is exactly the same, only the chamber is ceramic now and that they (i.e. CA) hear the improvements you mentioned. I wouldn't bank on there being any meaningful difference., but we'll see what our trusty reviewers have to say. :)

Nov 22, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #6,838 of 12,035
Regarding my Z1R: Haha, touche! Well played, my friend. :)

Regarding the Solaris, I think the website says is that the "tuning" is exactly the same, only the chamber is ceramic now and that they (i.e. CA) hear the improvements you mentioned. I wouldn't bank on there being any meaningful difference., but we'll see what our trusty reviewers have to say. :)

haha well you are in the Solaris thread, I thought it would be rude not to :beyersmile: can’t remember where I read the comment about the vocals then? Possibly a post further back. But yeah, I’m apprehensive... looking forward to hearing others opinions. In the meantime EE’s Black Friday sale and the Legend is calling my name :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nov 22, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #6,839 of 12,035
What hype train?
just saying... since a lot of ppl now seeing the thread...

Anyway, Was looking for Headphone... and then this come to my desk...
20191122_142917.jpg
Asking politely to tried these... ANOLE VX with PW1960
quick impressions was quite surprising...
In the end... I am still prefer DD bass... but the cable, with Solaris, the bass texture seems so Vivid, its like u can image clearly... nice2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back