Campfire - Solaris
Nov 21, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #6,796 of 12,035
Don’t trust your own ears?
I do, but I also have some idea about their limitations, so I don't trust them above scientific proof. Luckily, in this case the two are aligned.

It's interesting to me that the cable believers don't seem to be bothered one bit by the lack of scientific evidence. At the same time, it makes the term "believer" very appropriate.

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #6,798 of 12,035
I do, but I also have some idea about their limitations, so I don't trust them above scientific proof. Luckily, in this case the two are aligned.

It's interesting to me that the cable believers don't seem to be bothered one bit by the lack of scientific evidence. At the same time, it makes the term "believer" very appropriate.

You don't need scientific evidence when you trust your ears :smirk: although it would back up what I'm hearing, lack of it doesn't change what I can hear. Happy to let you listen to both if you're ever in England... out of curiosity, have you ever sat down and listened to multiple cables of different composition with IEM's you're familiar with?

If I spent over $100 on a cable, I would "believe" it sounded better too.

Well thats a can of worms in itself, whether or not a cable sounds over $100 good or not is irrelevant. I'm purely stating I can hear a marked difference between the two.

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #6,799 of 12,035
You don't need scientific evidence when you trust your ears :smirk: although it would back up what I'm hearing, lack of it doesn't change what I can hear. Happy to let you listen to both if you're ever in England... out of curiosity, have you ever sat down and listened to multiple cables of different composition with IEM's you're familiar with?

Well thats a can of worms in itself, whether or not a cable sounds over $100 good or not is irrelevant. I'm purely stating I can hear a marked difference between the two.

I think you misunderstood my intent, but I'm content to let it be. (EDIT: confirmation, expectation bias. )

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #6,800 of 12,035

Thank you for the offer. I have, but not in a very controlled way. My goal at the time was to determine if a cable change would make a significant difference to how I hear the music, not to detect if there are any differences above the threshold of human hearing. So I take my experience as a reason to be skeptical, not as proof to the contrary.

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #6,802 of 12,035
If I spent over $100 on a cable, I would "believe" it sounded better too.

I’ve spent $100+ on cables, and I don’t think there’s any impact on sound. My reasons for “upgrading” are comfort, aesthetics, etc.

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #6,804 of 12,035
Does anyone know how much better the Solaris is to R1 Zenith iems by IMR?

In short, heaven and earth. I have both earphones. Just a different level in everything

Nov 21, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #6,805 of 12,035
Some news from the limited Solaris

Limited to 700units ,
The post above is right , the gold is gone
The acoustic chamber will be out of carbon instead of Acryl
Release is 21.11
Price around 2100 euro ( I guess a bit cheaper in US , as always )
i just want to know that the 3BAs cost about $250 and ill be grabbing it right away. lol but if it's above 250 ill be thinking twice as iem price nowadays are ridiculous

Nov 21, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #6,806 of 12,035
Solaris vs anole in terms of bass?
i prefer solaris than VX just because of the neutrality and the balance of solaris compared to VX.

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #6,809 of 12,035
I heard nothing new yet :frowning2:
Today Ive received a mail from Thomas and he told me that I will get my SE probably mid December. Besides of that I heard nothing new in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back