1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire - Solaris

First

Back
445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454
456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465
Next

Last
  1. KB Contributor
    We are please to announce a special variant of the award winning Solaris IEM from Campfire Audio.

238e579a-b1e2-481d-8f66-81f1ecb06cf0.png

Solaris Special Edition

New 3D printed ceramic acoustic chambers and natural abalone inlaid lids highlight this limited edition release.

Acoustic enhancements unique to this special edition deliver a sound that further refines Solaris’s sonic signature.

Hand-selected natural abalone inlays offer each pair a unique finish.

3D printing in new high density ceramic material has opened the door to exciting new sonic opportunities.
    Revisiting the acoustic chamber design of Solaris in this new material allowed us to further refine the performance of this critically acclaimed earphone.
    Internal geometries have been tweaked to expand the soundstage and subtly elevate the vocal range performance.

Features:
    - New 3D Printed Acoustic Chambers
    - Enhanced Acoustics
    - 3 Balanced Armatures + T.A.E.C.™
    - 10mm A.D.L.C. Diaphragm Dynamic Driver + Polarity Tuned Chambers- Natural Abalone Inlaid Lids- Durable PVD Finished Body- Custom Beryllium Copper MMCX connectors- Stainless Steel Spout- Individually Designed and Assembled in Portland, Oregon USA- Limited Edition

Price: $1899
    Available for Pre-Order Now --> Shipping: 12/12

Thank you,

Ken

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.aloaudio.com/
  2. JasonCA
    What follows will be interesting! :ksc75smile:

3. McMadface
    @KB 4 BAs per side, not 3?

4. Tristy
    think it may have been a miss type, states that it has the same amount of drivers as the original on the web page 9FCA0174-3AF0-409A-A3DA-E771C34AC50C.png

davidmolliere likes this.
  5. KB Contributor
    My bad, typo :)

Dual Hi BA driver
    Single Mid
    CFA Custom ADLC 10mm dynamic

4 drivers per side, one x over as usual. The main development is the the ceramic zirconia internal components that we use to deliver the acoustics to your ear. These precision 3d printed parts recently have become available to us and we have been working closely with our 3rd party suppler to engineer these unique parts. While the FREQ has not changed the sound to us in slightly more refined.

Ken

davidmolliere and ExpatinJapan like this.
  6. McMadface
    Hey, no worries. I got excited that there may have been another BA added to the Solaris in the SE. Can you give us some more impressions on the SQ differences between the Solaris and the SE? Much appreciated.

7. ExpatinJapan
    davidmolliere, Aslshark and fokta like this.
  8. KB Contributor
    Thanks, sorry about my typing thumbs..

Sure, same great sound but to me slightly more "focused" sound sig due to the much harder ceramic vs the printed ABS plastic printed media.

Ken

Aslshark likes this.
  9. twiceboss
  10. nicholas029
    OK, order in, I was looking for a way to buy this thing as I do not like the solid gold bling.

Buy local.

twiceboss and ExpatinJapan like this.
  11. twiceboss
    would love for someone who had the OG solaris to be compared with! Looking forward nevertheless but them im more than excited to look on the new 3BAs from CFA. Hope it is about $250 price range and it should be a good beater or even can be a good daily driver if it meets my liking :D

12. ExpatinJapan
    Closest i have got to compare would be the OG green Andromeda vs Andromeda MW10 (also with the new Ceramic acoustic chamber).

...but still a different kettle of fish to old vs new Solaris

twiceboss likes this.
  13. nicholas029
    Is a balanced super litz cable 2.5 4 pole for an AK2K an option on delivery and how do I specify after the order is placed?

14. frapp2latte
    Wish they had changed the fit in some way for this new Solaris. My only concern with my Solaris is the less than ideal fit. It sticks out by a lot and the wide bores poke into my ears after a while. I have to constantly readjust them in my ear every couple of minutes or so. But I love how they sound enough to stick with it.

What I'm curious about now is how the Andromeda MW10s sound. I wonder if they'll be a good complement to the Solaris or if they're too similar to justify getting one.

twiceboss and uthood like this.
  15. uthood
    I bought my Solaris at release and just sold them this month. They sound amazing but I couldn't wear them for longer than 20 minutes without having to adjust.

If they ever release a custom version of the Solaris I'll seriously consider sinking money into them.

First

Back
445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454
456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465
Next

Last