Campfire - Solaris
Nov 21, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #6,811 of 12,035
We are please to announce a special variant of the award winning Solaris IEM from Campfire Audio.

238e579a-b1e2-481d-8f66-81f1ecb06cf0.png

Solaris Special Edition

New 3D printed ceramic acoustic chambers and natural abalone inlaid lids highlight this limited edition release.

Acoustic enhancements unique to this special edition deliver a sound that further refines Solaris’s sonic signature.

Hand-selected natural abalone inlays offer each pair a unique finish.

3D printing in new high density ceramic material has opened the door to exciting new sonic opportunities.
Revisiting the acoustic chamber design of Solaris in this new material allowed us to further refine the performance of this critically acclaimed earphone.
Internal geometries have been tweaked to expand the soundstage and subtly elevate the vocal range performance.

Features:
- New 3D Printed Acoustic Chambers
- Enhanced Acoustics
- 3 Balanced Armatures + T.A.E.C.™
- 10mm A.D.L.C. Diaphragm Dynamic Driver + Polarity Tuned Chambers- Natural Abalone Inlaid Lids- Durable PVD Finished Body- Custom Beryllium Copper MMCX connectors- Stainless Steel Spout- Individually Designed and Assembled in Portland, Oregon USA- Limited Edition

Price: $1899
Available for Pre-Order Now --> Shipping: 12/12

Thank you,

Ken

Last edited:
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Nov 21, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #6,814 of 12,035
@KB 4 BAs per side, not 3?

think it may have been a miss type, states that it has the same amount of drivers as the original on the web page
9FCA0174-3AF0-409A-A3DA-E771C34AC50C.png

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #6,815 of 12,035
@KB 4 BAs per side, not 3?

My bad, typo :)

Dual Hi BA driver
Single Mid
CFA Custom ADLC 10mm dynamic

4 drivers per side, one x over as usual. The main development is the the ceramic zirconia internal components that we use to deliver the acoustics to your ear. These precision 3d printed parts recently have become available to us and we have been working closely with our 3rd party suppler to engineer these unique parts. While the FREQ has not changed the sound to us in slightly more refined.

Ken

Last edited:
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 21, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #6,816 of 12,035
My bad, typo :)

Dual Hi BA driver
Single Mid
CFA Custom ADLC 10mm dynamic

4 drivers per side, one x over as usual. The main development is the the ceramic zirconia internal components that we use to deliver the acoustics to your ear. These precision 3d printed parts recently have become available to us and we have been working closely with our 3rd party suppler to engineer these unique parts. While the FREQ has not changed the sound to us in slightly more refined.

Ken
Hey, no worries. I got excited that there may have been another BA added to the Solaris in the SE. Can you give us some more impressions on the SQ differences between the Solaris and the SE? Much appreciated.

Nov 21, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #6,818 of 12,035
Hey, no worries. I got excited that there may have been another BA added to the Solaris in the SE. Can you give us some more impressions on the SQ differences between the Solaris and the SE? Much appreciated.

Thanks, sorry about my typing thumbs..

Sure, same great sound but to me slightly more "focused" sound sig due to the much harder ceramic vs the printed ABS plastic printed media.

Ken

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #6,819 of 12,035
Nov 21, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #6,821 of 12,035
OK, order in, I was looking for a way to buy this thing as I do not like the solid gold bling.

Buy local.
would love for someone who had the OG solaris to be compared with! Looking forward nevertheless but them im more than excited to look on the new 3BAs from CFA. Hope it is about $250 price range and it should be a good beater or even can be a good daily driver if it meets my liking :D

Nov 21, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #6,824 of 12,035
Wish they had changed the fit in some way for this new Solaris. My only concern with my Solaris is the less than ideal fit. It sticks out by a lot and the wide bores poke into my ears after a while. I have to constantly readjust them in my ear every couple of minutes or so. But I love how they sound enough to stick with it.

What I'm curious about now is how the Andromeda MW10s sound. I wonder if they'll be a good complement to the Solaris or if they're too similar to justify getting one.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #6,825 of 12,035
Wish they had changed the fit in some way for this new Solaris. My only concern with my Solaris is the less than ideal fit. It sticks out by a lot and the wide bores poke into my ears after a while. I have to constantly readjust them in my ear every couple of minutes or so. But I love how they sound enough to stick with it.

What I'm curious about now is how the Andromeda MW10s sound. I wonder if they'll be a good complement to the Solaris or if they're too similar to justify getting one.

I bought my Solaris at release and just sold them this month. They sound amazing but I couldn't wear them for longer than 20 minutes without having to adjust.

If they ever release a custom version of the Solaris I'll seriously consider sinking money into them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back