1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire - Solaris

First

Back
379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388
390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399
Next

Last
  1. adcustom
    The Mojo and xDSD are both outstanding, can't go wrong with either. I'd personally recommend the Mojo for an ideal pairing in the $750 CAD range. You should also consider the iFi Micro iDSD Black Label which is a huge step up from the xDSD.

2. Rhue
    How would you compare the Mojo to the iDSD Black Label with Solaris? I looked at reviews and they booth seem really good. I will most likely pick between the two of those. Thanks for your input it was really helpful in narrowing down the choices.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  3. adcustom
    Well, full disclosure: I'm an authorized dealer (and personal fan!) of both brands. I personally like the Mojo sound more, but there are a lot of great features in the Micro iDSD BL that are very nice like 3D+, X Bass+, and iEMatch.

WhatToChoose and warriorpoet like this.
  4. uthood
    I had a mojo for aong time, used it with a bunch of things. I actually didn't like the pairing with the Solaris and sold the mojo. The warmth of the mojo messed with the sound signature to me, and not in a good way. There are some others in this thread who said the same thing early after the Solaris came out.

I prefer my Oppo HA2-SE, much cleaner sound, better pairing. Best to try first so you can figure out what you like. If you can't audition, you can buy and return depending on policy, or sell used to recoup most of your expense. Unfortunately, that's the only way to know what sounds best to your ears.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    fokta likes this.
  5. cycheang
    I also bought a Uranus 826 pure silver cable from Star Audio Picker during Raya. This is the cable I feel it gave the best match with my Solaris as it produce the sound i looking for.

jackyzhu, fokta and 8481 like this.
  6. 8481
    Glad you feel the same way, I wanted to get the Kimber Kable at first then Willie suggested I try their in-house cables, glad she did!

fokta and cycheang like this.
  7. cycheang
    I tried about 7 to 8 cables during my visit, i never asked about the price during my listening session. At the end, i decided this cable uranus 826 pure silver SPOCCC and the price is quite affordable.

fokta and 8481 like this.
  8. PDVJAM
    Hey! What impedance does a Solaris cable have?

9. tracyca
    Received my Solaris last night and the pico slim make a vivid pairing! I’m hoping the size won’t be a issue. Truly a lovely IEM.

Wildcatsare1 and WhatToChoose like this.
  10. Rockwell75
    67082984_10162154483525654_568184590842200064_n.jpg
    One week in and this combo continues to impress. The Cayin N6ii absolutely rocks as a source for the Solaris. I'm not sure if it's Cayin's tuning or that the Solaris responds well to extra power but everything has improved-- staging, dynamics, separation and imaging. It almost feels as though the low end has been tastefully and subtly lifted-- any thoughts that Solaris might be weak in the bass department vanish completely with the N6ii. Furthermore, as I mentioned in my review, it's as though before (with my ZX300) there was a thin plastic sheen over the sound but now that is gone and everything feels a lot more intimate. Above all this is a very natural and musical combination with a beautiful synergy-- ideal for people (like myself) who prefer an emotional and organic sound signature.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    ExpatinJapan and zombywoof like this.
  11. tracyca
    Testing the Solaris with some tubes! 20190713_150842.jpg

12. cr3ativ3
    Sounds nice , but hiss is heavy with the alo

fokta likes this.
  13. tracyca
    First impressions, hiss is not noticeable even on high gain, only thing is it takes from the highs a bit. It’s sound good but I prefer the ie800s with the CDM.

14. cr3ativ3
    what ? ALO CDM with Solaris ? its a waterfall hiss even in low gain

15. fokta
    If he didn't exp it, its his benefit...

I am like u, listening via CDM or CV5, I exp hiss

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
First

Back
379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388
390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399
Next

Last