Campfire - Solaris
May 7, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #5,056 of 12,035
Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not... but either way i’m happy with it. Great quality usually isn’t cheap. As long as it lives up to or exceeds my expectations then I’m happy.
I am being happy for you... ur one lucky guy... 500 for 1Z... its like black friday

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #5,057 of 12,035
I am being happy for you... ur one lucky guy... 500 for 1Z... its like black friday

No he meant $500 off the asking price...so like $2000.

May 7, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #5,058 of 12,035
Upgraded to ALO Super Litz 4.4...endgame 2.0 lol
20190507_164519.jpg

May 7, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #5,061 of 12,035
No worries dude. And interesting. The DX220 sounds awesome from what i’ve read about it so far. Hope you’re enjoying it!
Yeah, alrd reaching 75 hours burn in.
Not a believer for burn in, but DX220 really change during those time.
First time I listen, was so dull, that my NOTE8 is better, in time, dynamic, resolution and layers come...
pairing with Solaris is a good one, even with previous model DX200.
my goal is get the AMP8 and hope the sound signature can meet my best combo stack, but only carry a DAP... My DX220 is getting there, so my end game is near...

May 8, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #5,062 of 12,035
Got and played Solaris for a month now, and happy to see it grows since I bought it. Didn't really intentionally "run-in" it, just do some normal listening with low volume using my NW-ZX300 (volume 10 with high gain). Initially Solaris didn't sound much special, just seemed to be louder with more bass than my previous SE846. But after a week, it sounded more full, with much better soundstage, and even deeper bass with stock cable. Then I changed to use the Reference 8 4.4mm balanced cable it improved a lot, the difference with 3.5mm jack is really very huge. As for the ear tip I first used the default foam tip which maybe one of the reason that it sounded dull. After changing to the Final type E tips, both high and low improved. But yesterday I put the JVC Spiral Dot on it, sounds even better and brighter.

May 8, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #5,063 of 12,035
Yeah, alrd reaching 75 hours burn in.
Not a believer for burn in, but DX220 really change during those time.
First time I listen, was so dull, that my NOTE8 is better, in time, dynamic, resolution and layers come...
pairing with Solaris is a good one, even with previous model DX200.
my goal is get the AMP8 and hope the sound signature can meet my best combo stack, but only carry a DAP... My DX220 is getting there, so my end game is near...

After 150 hours on the DX220 was when I noticed it opened up the low end sufficiently.

@fokta do you have messages turned off?

Finally tried the Solaris with the Effect Audio Thor ii+ Cable.

Quite revealing but perhaps would pair better with a warmer dap than the one i was using.

May 8, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #5,064 of 12,035
After 150 hours on the DX220 was when I noticed it opened up the low end sufficiently.

@fokta do you have messages turned off?

Finally tried the Solaris with the Effect Audio Thor ii+ Cable.

Quite revealing but perhaps would pair better with a warmer dap than the one i was using.
message? u mean Notifications?

150 hours, well another 4-5 days to go...

btw, @ExpatinJapan off topic, do you also required 150 hours again if attach to new AMP8?
if so, going to be a very long....

May 8, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #5,069 of 12,035
Hello all, I finally put in an order for these. I'm planning on buying a balanced cable for these and am trying to decide between gold plated copper or a mix of gold plated copper with pure silver (Namely Nocturnal Audio Altair/Asteria Trimetal)

Which of the two would be a better match for the Solaris?

May 8, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #5,070 of 12,035
Hello all, I finally put in an order for these. I'm planning on buying a balanced cable for these and am trying to decide between gold plated copper or a mix of gold plated copper with pure silver (Namely Nocturnal Audio Altair/Asteria Trimetal)

Which of the two would be a better match for the Solaris?
Any particular sound signature u want to after ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back