Campfire - Solaris
May 4, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #5,026 of 12,035
My Endgame DAP alrd here (hopefully).

Still on Burn in phase.

So far from 10 hour burn in, my impression, Hiss is consider Unnoticeable with Solaris.
Interestingly, found that in Mango Android is more darker background then Mango OS...

Unfortunately my AMP8 seems defect, producing High pitch noise, even when u stop the song...

Interested to see how it works out. By any chance have you had any experience with astell kern sp1000?

May 4, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #5,027 of 12,035
Interested to see how it works out. By any chance have you had any experience with astell kern sp1000?
Well my experience with SP1000M (SPKM).
been trial it for 3 times... with Solaris, SPKM no Hiss even in Balanced 2.5.
But seems dynamic needs quite a volume to cranck up...
Wide Soundstage.
WARM DAP...
Well this is based on my ear, can be different cup of tea with you...

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #5,028 of 12,035
20190505_092940.jpg

My bling2...

So far so good, Solaris with DX221mk2 (around 50 hours burn in) and Cable 130...

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #5,029 of 12,035
Well, I'm a HAPPY owner of a new Solaris. It sounds close to what I'd like to hear in a hybrid. Driving the IEM from a Hugo 2, through a (new) Thor Silver II+, is absolutely fantastic.

Thankfully, the Solaris sits pretty well in my ears; I'm able to obtain a good-enough fit without sacrificing comfort and seal. I was really worried that I'd encounter problems getting them to stay in my ears.

May 6, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #5,030 of 12,035
Well, I'm a HAPPY owner of a new Solaris. It sounds close to what I'd like to hear in a hybrid. Driving the IEM from a Hugo 2, through a (new) Thor Silver II+, is absolutely fantastic.

Thankfully, the Solaris sits pretty well in my ears; I'm able to obtain a good-enough fit without sacrificing comfort and seal. I was really worried that I'd encounter problems getting them to stay in my ears.

Now start your tip rolling journey!

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
May 6, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #5,031 of 12,035
Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #5,032 of 12,035
^ jeez...looks like you're running a beaded jewelry store.

May 7, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #5,034 of 12,035
Do tips really matter?

In my experience they matter a lot. Getting a proper fit and seal is crucial to Solaris (and IEMs in general I would think) sounding good, and without tips whose shape and size fit your ears that won't happen. When I use the marshmallow or final audios I can't get a seal and when that happens the bass disappears and the sound becomes hollow. When I switched to the silicons, which are stumpier than the Final Audios, the fit is perfect for me and the sound opens right up. That's not even taking comfort into consideration.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #5,035 of 12,035
How much did you spend on that and where did you shop from? Do tips really matter?
Yes they matter a lot.
Sound quality and signature can vary a lot depending in the tips used and their fit.
When I got my CL2, I spent over a 100 dollars on tips before I finally settled on ones that fit my ear, and were right for the iem. Sometimes you can get lucky with ones supplied in the box, but mostly, you have to roll, roll, and roll some more.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #5,037 of 12,035
...Does anyone sell good sampler sets? Jesus.

I think @antdroid is an extreme case. The stock selection that comes with Campfire Audio IEMs is diverse enough that most people should (I think) be able to find something that works for them. I use spiral dots but they're basically a more comfortable version of the silicons.

May 7, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #5,038 of 12,035
...Does anyone sell good sampler sets? Jesus.
Aliexpress has a bunch of cheap tips for sale.
One way would be to ask on the Z1R thread what tips people are using, and see what they all have in common, like bore size, insertion depth, and try them in your size.
I personally really like Spiral Dots, I find them to be the most comfortable fit for me. Again, it's a hit or miss game, everyone's ear canal shape is different.

May 7, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #5,040 of 12,035
I'm wondering if the sound signature is affected by different tips that all more or less fit.

I would think so for reasons of acoustics, bore size etc., but I've only ever found the one kind that fits me so I can't say for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back