Campfire - Solaris
May 8, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #5,071 of 12,035
Any particular sound signature u want to after ?

Nothing in particular, maybe more clarity?

I'm getting a balanced cable mainly cause my source is the Hiby R6 and I'm not sure how the Solaris would respond to the 10ohm on the 3.5mm output.

I also own the Atlas so I want something that compliments them well. :D

I mainly listen to indie rock (Modest Mouse, The Strokes etc)

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #5,072 of 12,035
Nothing in particular, maybe more clarity?

I'm getting a balanced cable mainly cause my source is the Hiby R6 and I'm not sure how the Solaris would respond to the 10ohm on the 3.5mm output.

I also own the Atlas so I want something that compliments them well. :D

I mainly listen to indie rock (Modest Mouse, The Strokes etc)
I see... well if u read some past post, R6 prob u going to need impedance Adapter, like ifi ematch or else. due to the High IO of R6.
there's going to be some Hiss pairing Solaris with R6.
Clarity, IMO, u need to get black background first. Hiss will be something u need to consider.
I leave the other give opinion... on these...

May 8, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #5,073 of 12,035
I see... well if u read some past post, R6 prob u going to need impedance Adapter, like ifi ematch or else. due to the High IO of R6.
there's going to be some Hiss pairing Solaris with R6.
Clarity, IMO, u need to get black background first. Hiss will be something u need to consider.
I leave the other give opinion... on these...

Ahh, I thought that the high OI was only on the single end. Is it on the balanced port as well?

If anything, I can use my R3 instead with these. I believe they have a low OI.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #5,074 of 12,035
After 150 hours on the DX220 was when I noticed it opened up the low end sufficiently.

@fokta do you have messages turned off?

Finally tried the Solaris with the Effect Audio Thor ii+ Cable.

Quite revealing but perhaps would pair better with a warmer dap than the one i was using.
Yeah, the combination of a relatively fresh Solaris with my Thor II+ cable results in an energetic, albeit slightly strident sound at times. I’m hoping that an extended burn-in session, or prolonged use, might temper the highs on the Solaris. Otherwise, I’m perfectly happy to use my go-to portable amp, the ALO CV5 to add a touch of warmth. :)

May 8, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #5,075 of 12,035
Yeah, the combination of a relatively fresh Solaris with my Thor II+ cable results in an energetic, albeit slightly strident sound at times. I’m hoping that an extended burn-in session, or prolonged use, might temper the highs on the Solaris. Otherwise, I’m perfectly happy to use my go-to portable amp, the ALO CV5 to add a touch of warmth. :)

Yes, its a great little amp. :wink:

E8412ACD-2B00-4D53-AA27-B1B2208A7622.jpeg

Strident was a good description for the cable plus Solaris

May 8, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #5,076 of 12,035
Ahh, I thought that the high OI was only on the single end. Is it on the balanced port as well?

If anything, I can use my R3 instead with these. I believe they have a low OI.
Yes. Low OI affect the Bass... so u would feel cold sound sig if the value OI is high...
Hiss is quite tricky, but better try urself.

May 8, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #5,079 of 12,035
Yes, its a great little amp. :wink:

Strident was a good description for the cable plus Solaris
Like they say, great minds think alike, and enjoy good music with similar gear. Or something like that. :wink:

I don't want to derail the Solaris thread, but I'm hoping to see a CV6 in the near future. It's a shame to see the ALO folks directing most of their attention to their IEMs and cables; their amps were also top class IMO.

May 8, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #5,081 of 12,035
Changed my tips to the large Symbio peels to see if I could get an even better seal. Tip rolling is essential

Bass has improved considerably because of a better seal. Impact that feels nearly physical with deep and low rumble, I'd bet that anybody who says these are lacking bass just isnt getting a good enough seal. No eq and the bass isnt that far off from the Vegas in terms of quantity. Seems that Solaris bass is just distributed over more space and obviously more detailed, tight and textured. Has also taken out slight shoutyness in some vocals for me

Seriously these are Perfect for me in nearly every way. I've never enjoyed my music so much!

Endgame?.....But I was having so much fun haha

Bravo :clap: to the Campfire team for making such an amazing product!

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #5,082 of 12,035
Alright friends, would it make sense to get the ifi Black label or ZX300?

For those that have both, which sound do you prefer?

I'm also looking at the cheaper option of only getting an iematch for my R6, but I've heard it affects the sound of the iem?

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #5,083 of 12,035
I'm also looking at the cheaper option of only getting an iematch for my R6, but I've heard it affects the sound of the iem?
actually iematch is a good deal, since I buy it not for listening from my DAP, but if u often traveling in a plane, it really affect reducing the noise from the plane Multimedia device...

or using eBuddy, the cheaper version one is alrd helpful...

Never try ifi Black, but alot of ppl here use ZX300. Nice pair with Solaris.

May 9, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #5,084 of 12,035
actually iematch is a good deal, since I buy it not for listening from my DAP, but if u often traveling in a plane, it really affect reducing the noise from the plane Multimedia device...

or using eBuddy, the cheaper version one is alrd helpful...

Never try ifi Black, but alot of ppl here use ZX300. Nice pair with Solaris.

Ended up getting the ZX300 and iematch, got a good deal for the ZX300, RM2000 (<$500) for player+ mitter case. Now all I need to do is wait for my Solaris to arrive. :D

May 9, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #5,085 of 12,035
Ended up getting the ZX300 and iematch, got a good deal for the ZX300, RM2000 (<$500) for player+ mitter case. Now all I need to do is wait for my Solaris to arrive. :D
Wow.. Nice deal indeed for ZX300...
just wait ur SOLARIS, make sure u Break in first with the stock cable.
Looking fwd for ur impression

Users who are viewing this thread

Back