Campfire - Solaris
Jan 30, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #3,347 of 12,035
Well, way better than A Star Is Born, what a piece of trite trash that was.

Jan 30, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #3,348 of 12,035
Hey @fokta , thank you for taking the time out your busy meeting schedule.

For me, solaris is better of everything from Andromeda S out from my zx300. Better soundstage, better detail, better quality of bass. I did hear some of the Andro S signature sound in Solaris. Overall I'm pleased with the build & sound quality. I didn't hear any weird tonality or plasticky sound. Bass is more than enough. And it's LIGHT compare to the Andro S. Not big at all and fits nicely on my ear. I did hear the driver flex but no problem again after I insert while lifting the top of my ear. Nice job Ken! Now I need to save more money :D
hahaha.. Glad that you have experienced it.
But please note, during the demo, my Solaris is using ABnormal Cable which is strong WARM character.
He demoed with his own DAP, ear tips and also music preference, so his impression is his own.... I was letting him tried, without suggesting him...

Anyway.. I am clumsy as hell, my solaris pouch is missing, either lost when in the plane or home, I totally forgot where to put it.. been looking this morning, but cant found it. Any suggestion alternative to replace this, is a bit worrying if I just put it together with the cable, adapter etc..:triportsad:

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #3,349 of 12,035
hahaha.. Glad that you have experienced it.
But please note, during the demo, my Solaris is using ABnormal Cable which is strong WARM character.
He demoed with his own DAP, ear tips and also music preference, so his impression is his own.... I was letting him tried, without suggesting him...

Anyway.. I am clumsy as hell, my solaris pouch is missing, either lost when in the plane or home, I totally forgot where to put it.. been looking this morning, but cant found it. Any suggestion alternative to replace this, is a bit worrying if I just put it together with the cable, adapter etc..:triportsad:
If you mean the pouch as in the two in one, I purchased my andromeda close to a year ago when they didn’t include them and I emailed CA about it, they sent me the pouch and I’m a happy customer!

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #3,350 of 12,035
If you mean the pouch as in the two in one, I purchased my andromeda close to a year ago when they didn’t include them and I emailed CA about it, they sent me the pouch and I’m a happy customer!
Yes... but I (think) lost mine...
anyway gonna look for it again....

EDIT : Found it... !!! :ksc75smile: One of the happiest moment for today..
Sorry for the troublesome..

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #3,353 of 12,035
Are you for real?

W A K A N D A F O R N E V E R ! :D

1237186.gif

Jan 31, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #3,354 of 12,035
Sorry for the off topic but my favorites are BlacKkKlansman, Bohemian Rhapsody, Green Book, and Vice.
Any one of these would make me happy if they won. I liked Black Panther as well but not as much as the others.

Feb 1, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #3,357 of 12,035
I had been looking for an upgrade cable for Solaris. Today just tried Leonidas II and Day for Night. Day for Night is a better match and the price is more reasonable.
But finally I just changed 3.5mm to 2.5mm balance of the orginal cable, it already had a much better improvement. Original cable already is a good match.
And don't pair Solaris with Plussound GPS or GPH, it's a disaster. GPS is the worst pairing.

EDIT: Should be Day for Night

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #3,358 of 12,035
I had been looking for an upgrade cable for Solaris. Today just tried Leonidas II and Night for Night. Night for Night is a better match and the price is more reasonable.
But finally I just changed 3.5mm to 2.5mm balance of the orginal cable, it already had a much better improvement. Original cable already is a good match.
Added MW.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #3,360 of 12,035
I had been looking for an upgrade cable for Solaris. Today just tried Leonidas II and Night for Night. Night for Night is a better match and the price is more reasonable.
And don't pair Solaris with Plussound GPS or GPH, it's a disaster. GPS is the worst pairing.

Do you have a link for night for night? I would love to try the leo ii with solaris. I have thor ii 8wire and I think that pairing is pretty awesome. I am using a 2pin to mmcx adapter though from ebay, idk if I'm getting the full sound from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back