Campfire - Solaris
Feb 1, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #3,361 of 12,035
Feb 1, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #3,363 of 12,035
Very nice IEMs. Picked mine up today.

I've owned the Vega's in the past, but prefer the Solaris. I listen to a lot of electronic music and techno, and the bass is absolutely perfect with the Solaria. It was a little too much with the Vega's. All other music sounds amazing as well. Almost makes my existing Shure 846 sound a little dull, flat and bass boomy.

I haven't heard clarity or textures like this before in an IEM. Doesn't seem to emphasize anything in particular - very neutral.

Feb 1, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #3,364 of 12,035
Very nice IEMs. Picked mine up today.

I've owned the Vega's in the past, but prefer the Solaris. I listen to a lot of electronic music and techno, and the bass is absolutely perfect with the Solaria. It was a little too much with the Vega's. All other music sounds amazing as well. Almost makes my existing Shure 846 sound a little dull, flat and bass boomy.

I haven't heard clarity or textures like this before in an IEM. Doesn't seem to emphasize anything in particular - very neutral.
Its a great iem but yeah a great new toy will make a great old toy well, old and not appreciated anymore. Put old toy away for a uear and then try it you might fall back in love while you start scratching your head.

Feb 1, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #3,365 of 12,035
Its a great iem but yeah a great new toy will make a great old toy well, old and not appreciated anymore. Put old toy away for a uear and then try it you might fall back in love while you start scratching your head.
I'm well aware of the "new girlfriend/boyfriend" effect :)

Feb 1, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #3,366 of 12,035
Feb 1, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #3,367 of 12,035
I almost dump the Solaris initially due to its muffled sound as compared to my other IEMs. I was skeptical on concept of "burn-in"
but after about 3-days (60 hrs) of continuous running it appeared to have opened up substantially. Is this for real? The imaging
seems to have improved - no longer feeling sense of congestion.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #3,368 of 12,035
valid point...
but I have trouble to enjoy the Polaris... the ear alrd get used to the Soundstage, high detail and holographic of Solaris...

so prob need to part the Polaris....

I almost dump the Solaris initially due to its muffled sound as compared to my other IEMs. I was skeptical on concept of "burn-in"
but after about 3-days (60 hrs) of continuous running it appeared to have opened up substantially. Is this for real? The imaging
seems to have improved - no longer feeling sense of congestion.
I was like you, not a burn in believer...
but what I believe, that Electricity need to create a path before it flows continuously... its a wrong wording, this is just my wording..

but, after using (burn in you may call) more than 100 hours, I felt the mid is getting better.

some one offline told (diagnosis) me, that the noise I heard was from Solaris Mid... is not wrong at all, is just not my preferences...
The sound is like simbilance, its really depend on DAP and Song file.... so this was verdict of my noise issued and my ear preference...

Yesterday, I used Shanling M3S with Solaris, and I was stun, that no noise (my kind of noise) .... neutral (a bit bright in my ear)

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #3,370 of 12,035
Hello,
Thinking in get a Solaris.
Anybody tried Solaris with Alo Audio Ref. 8 cable?
Thank you in advance.
actually if you search twister or headpie, If i am not mistaken, they had review Ref8 with Solaris.

before I used current Cable, I paired Solaris with Ref8. my impression was
(+) detail Low (rumble), clearer mid, and more sparking High. a Bit increase in SS compare to stock
(-) microphonic and bass less punchy, can pick up some noise

IMO, great pairing, but become source sensitive... you will notice the different when u use it..

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #3,371 of 12,035
actually if you search twister or headpie, If i am not mistaken, they had review Ref8 with Solaris.

before I used current Cable, I paired Solaris with Ref8. my impression was
(+) detail Low (rumble), clearer mid, and more sparking High. a Bit increase in SS compare to stock
(-) microphonic and bass less punchy, can pick up some noise

IMO, great pairing, but become source sensitive... you will notice the different when u use it..

Thank you very much!

Feb 3, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #3,372 of 12,035
valid point...
I was like you, not a burn in believer...
but what I believe, that Electricity need to create a path before it flows continuously... its a wrong wording, this is just my wording..

but, after using (burn in you may call) more than 100 hours, I felt the mid is getting better.
Yesterday, I used Shanling M3S with Solaris, and I was stun, that no noise (my kind of noise) .... neutral (a bit bright in my ear)

I am presently surprised how the burn-in could change the dynamics of this IEM so drastically. Solaris is now my favorite IEM next to
Mellianus which is the best of all. Thanks to "twister" who recommended these amazing IEMs.

Feb 3, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #3,373 of 12,035
I am presently surprised how the burn-in could change the dynamics of this IEM so drastically. Solaris is now my favorite IEM next to
Mellianus which is the best of all. Thanks to "twister" who recommended these amazing IEMs.
I see in ur Sig, u possess Z1r.... care to share ur impression compare to Solaris...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back