Campfire - Solaris
Jan 29, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #3,331 of 12,035
Or the 2018 best IEM of the year according to Earphonia.com :thinking:

kb

I second that - the Atlas is just 100% pure unadulterated music. Nothing's perfect in this hobby (although the Solaris comes pretty close for me), but when stuff sounds so damn fun then it's difficult to disagree.

Jan 29, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #3,333 of 12,035
I just got the Solaris today and am pleasantly surprised by overall presentation of this IEM. Coming from LX I was a bit worried that this will be lacking
in bass but not at all. No EQ needed to adjust bass on N8. This one slightly lacks in resolution compared to U18 but definitely smoother. So can work
out with R2R2K. I am not sure there is a burn-in for this but I could use a little more clarity though.

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #3,334 of 12,035
I cant wait to add an Atlas and a Cascade to my collection! They are next on my list... That and then a Sony DAP... And a million other things after that, we all know how this hobby goes.
Cascade rocks !

Jan 30, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #3,335 of 12,035
Or the 2018 best IEM of the year according to Earphonia.com :thinking:

kb

And Black Panther almost won Best Picture at the Golden Globes. I'm not trying to say that the Atlas is as bad as Black Panther, just that awards are not the absolute truth all the time.

I seem to remember that a while ago you said something along the lines of "I take most pride from hearing individual customers be happy with the stuff we create". I think that's a much better metric for quality than these awards.

I know I seem like a pest because I am often very critical of this industry and of Campfire in particular (simply because I have more experience with your products), but I consider myself a happy CA customer. The reason I'm critical is because I want the product to improve. In the end we all vote with our wallets.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #3,336 of 12,035
And Black Panther almost won Best Picture at the Golden Globes. I'm not trying to say that the Atlas is as bad as Black Panther, just that awards are not the absolute truth all the time.

I seem to remember that a while ago you said something along the lines of "I take most pride from hearing individual customers be happy with the stuff you create". I think that's a much better metric for quality than these awards.

I know I seem like a pest because I am often very critical of this industry and of Campfire in particular (simply because I have more experience with your products), but I consider myself a happy CA customer. The reason I'm critical is because I want the product to improve. In the end we all vote with our wallets.

Hey I liked Black Panther :rage:

Jan 30, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #3,337 of 12,035
Jan 30, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #3,338 of 12,035
Black panther is horrible. Cheesy, and stupid. Can't believe its up for an Oscar.
Nothing but political at this point.
Zero credibility left for these awards.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #3,340 of 12,035
Wakanda Forever.... #posing with 2 Hand crossing :grin:

anyway, have a short meet up with @ddmt.
good discussion, looking foward for your short impression of Solaris...

Hey @fokta , thank you for taking the time out your busy meeting schedule.

For me, solaris is better of everything from Andromeda S out from my zx300. Better soundstage, better detail, better quality of bass. I did hear some of the Andro S signature sound in Solaris. Overall I'm pleased with the build & sound quality. I didn't hear any weird tonality or plasticky sound. Bass is more than enough. And it's LIGHT compare to the Andro S. Not big at all and fits nicely on my ear. I did hear the driver flex but no problem again after I insert while lifting the top of my ear. Nice job Ken! Now I need to save more money :D

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #3,341 of 12,035
Hi everyone,

Thanks to your reviews and opinions on the Solatis, I am considering ordering them and pairing them with either the Plenue 2, the Plenue 2 (Mk 2) or the Plenue S.

I believe that the Plenue 2 would be the best match because of its low impedance output (0.60 ohm for the SE output), as the two others both have outputs with slightly higher impedance (1 ohm or more)...

Any opinion / advice would be much appreciated...! :)

Raf

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #3,342 of 12,035
Hey @fokta , thank you for taking the time out your busy meeting schedule.

For me, solaris is better of everything from Andromeda S out from my zx300. Better soundstage, better detail, better quality of bass. I did hear some of the Andro S signature sound in Solaris. Overall I'm pleased with the build & sound quality. I didn't hear any weird tonality or plasticky sound. Bass is more than enough. And it's LIGHT compare to the Andro S. Not big at all and fits nicely on my ear. I did hear the driver flex but no problem again after I insert while lifting the top of my ear. Nice job Ken! Now I need to save more money :D

Can't argue regards sound compared to the Andro S, but the size of the Solaris is most definitely bigger and more of an issue. They stick out quite obviously. To suggest otherwise would be fallacy, I think.

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #3,343 of 12,035
Can't argue regards sound compared to the Andro S, but the size of the Solaris is most definitely bigger and more of an issue. They stick out quite obviously. To suggest otherwise would be fallacy, I think.

It does stick quite a bit, and it's not an issue for me.
Maybe I use the wrong wording, I really meant Solaris is way smaller from the impression that I gather on this forum and pictures I saw.

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #3,344 of 12,035
It does stick quite a bit, and it's not an issue for me.
Maybe I use the wrong wording, I really meant Solaris is way smaller from the impression that I gather on this forum and pictures I saw.

Yes, it's definitely smaller than most over-ears. (I'm just being silly, of course)

Jan 30, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #3,345 of 12,035
Yes, it's definitely smaller than most over-ears. (I'm just being silly, of course)

8EFAF2C8-7AC5-4063-81CC-62D41F426A5B.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back