Campfire Audio Trifecta
Sep 16, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #572 of 894
I use the SR35 when I'm on the go-- it's a very convenient portable player with great battery life that sounds amazing with Trifecta. One of the best things about it is that it has a 20 band EQ which helps me fine tune the sound just how I like. Does it bring Trifecta to its maximum potential? No-- for that I rely on my LP6 through which the soundstage increases in all directions and the sound becomes more authoritative and refined on the whole. The SR35 is more than good enough for "on the go" though.

It depends what you're after and what you listen to. Each of those 3 IEMs stands on its own and can do somethign the other two cannot. The Radon 6 is to me something of a reference monitor and as such is the odd man out and in a different universe than either the Trifecta or Xe6.

For my tastes the Trifecta runs circles around the Xe6, which I've never really connected with. That said I will say that as a tribrid the Xe6 is more measured, focused and technical in its presentation-- the resolution, articulation and top end extenstion you get in the mids and highs on Xe6 is something the Trifecta cannot compete with. The bone conduction adds some secret sauce also. If driver speed is important for what you want or listen to the Xe6 is likely the better choice. That said the Xe6 cannot compete with the Trifecta's MASSIVE sound, singular coherence and utter faithfulness to its balls-to-the wall immersively bombastic bass-driven aesthetic.
This is the #1 thing I want to demo at CanJam...I'm fearful and low on funds!

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #573 of 894
Considering pulling trigger on pair, if interested will share few favourite tracks…

Wondering how Trifecta would handle this album, If The Stars Are Eternal So Are You And I. Lots of bass kicks-fluidity music macro language- stutter editing, ‘production technique consists of taking a small fragment of sound and repeating it rhythmically…’

Notable tracks— ‘13 Angles On My Broken Windowsill’,’Go(d)t’, ‘Hikari’.

Honestly whole album flows 1-7, a great evening listen.

Cheers

Sep 22, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #574 of 894
So I’m really enjoying the Trifecta. Ive now coupled it with the Sony dap and its sonic bliss 😄.

But now the feeling nags on me: how can we improve the cable.

I read from @Rockwell75 that gold plated silver fits great with it.
Now I care (to much? 😛) also how the cable looks. I was thinking of the EA Centurion Limited edition (black and gold). The looks are right up my alley. But are they a sonic match?

Or should I go the custom made route.

Sep 22, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #575 of 894
So I’m really enjoying the Trifecta. Ive now coupled it with the Sony dap and its sonic bliss 😄.

But now the feeling nags on me: how can we improve the cable.

I read from @Rockwell75 that gold plated silver fits great with it.
Now I care (to much? 😛) also how the cable looks. I was thinking of the EA Centurion Limited edition (black and gold). The looks are right up my alley. But are they a sonic match?

Or should I go the custom made route.
The synergy of the Centurion-Trifecta pairing is ideal for me such that I’ve not cable rolled much. One of the Coolers did do some cable rolling and likes this pairing the most.

Oct 3, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #576 of 894
Really poor craftsmanship with those air bubbles in the resin/plastic. Never seen something cost so much to look like this gaudy mess

Oct 3, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #577 of 894
The synergy of the Centurion-Trifecta pairing is ideal for me such that I’ve not cable rolled much. One of the Coolers did do some cable rolling and likes this pairing the most.
Little late that I read this 😅 but thank you for replying.

Afraid I will have to start saving then, guess im in the market for the EA Centurion

Oct 3, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #578 of 894
Really poor craftsmanship with those air bubbles in the resin/plastic. Never seen something cost so much to look like this gaudy mess
To each there own, I actually love the way they look.

Oct 3, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #579 of 894
To each there own, I actually love the way they look.

Same. They're one of the classiest and most unique looking IEMs on the market. They have stated that the bubbles in the shell (which are only visible if you're going out of your way to look) are an unavoidable part of the process of making the shell. The material was chosen because of how light and sturdy it is. I think it paid off because the IEM is very comfortable.

In other news I was fortunate to try two distinct but epic pairings with Trifecta this weekend.

CE2CE91F-0EA6-4A56-8025-CB6579B11CFD.JPEG

The best way to describe this pairing is analogue yet technical. This gave my LP6 a run for its money but I ultimately preferred the LP6 because of its secret sauce in the bass (it gives it an extra degree of soliditiy).

This, however, is probably the best thing I've ever heard:

16F77687-31CC-47EA-B936-3AF5293AEE5D.JPEG

I was fortunate to finally knock this one off my bucket list...it was every bit what I imagined it to be. Sony's house sound is a perfect match for Trifecta.

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #580 of 894
Same. They're one of the classiest and most unique looking IEMs on the market. They have stated that the bubbles in the shell (which are only visible if you're going out of your way to look) are an unavoidable part of the process of making the shell. The material was chosen because of how light and sturdy it is. I think it paid off because the IEM is very comfortable.

In other news I was fortunate to try two distinct but epic pairings with Trifecta this weekend.

CE2CE91F-0EA6-4A56-8025-CB6579B11CFD.JPEG

The best way to describe this pairing is analogue yet technical. This gave my LP6 a run for its money but I ultimately preferred the LP6 because of its secret sauce in the bass (it gives it an extra degree of soliditiy).

This, however, is probably the best thing I've ever heard:

16F77687-31CC-47EA-B936-3AF5293AEE5D.JPEG

I was fortunate to finally knock this one off my bucket list...it was every bit what I imagined it to be. Sony's house sound is a perfect match for Trifecta.
Yeah both combos look very interesting.
Hope I get to audition them at some point.

But I do like smaller a formfactor to still be “portable”. W/e that means in this hobby 😛

Im in the middle of a home renovation, so I have my Enleum amp 23-r stored away. But once done I want to hook up the trifecta. Its warm / analog character should fit like a glove.

Oct 3, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #581 of 894
Yeah both combos look very interesting.
Hope I get to audition them at some point.

But I do like smaller a formfactor to still be “portable”. W/e that means in this hobby 😛

Im in the middle of a home renovation, so I have my Enleum amp 23-r stored away. But once done I want to hook up the trifecta. Its warm / analog character should fit like a glove.

One of the best things about it is how easy it is to drive. It pairs beautifully with my little SR35. I've developed something of an aversion to IEMs that require a lot of power. My use case is thoroughly portable and I'm not interested in lugging around massive DAPs or portable amps. YMMV etc.

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #582 of 894
I agree. Ever since I’ve started my “IEM journey”, I’ve lusted for the perfect portable setup. I’ve had DAPs of all sizes, dongles, etc. Every desktop setup I’ve owned, and still own, tend to collect dust more than anything. I’m too active to sit still for long.

I’ve finally decided on the FiiO M15s for home use and for headphones. L&P W4 for IEMs while moving around the house and chillin’ on the porch. On Friday my package from Bloom Audio with ddHiFi’s TC44Pro will arrive. Great thing about Trifecta is, I know that whatever I use to drive it, it will sound awesome. (Even with the visible bubbles)

I will say, I’m looking for an upgraded cable. I’m currently using it with a Smokey litz cable but would like an upgrade. Does anyone have any recommendations? Not looking for anything too pricey.

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #583 of 894
Best fit for Trifecta is gold plated silver imho. I had a custom cable by @doctorjuggles made.

IMG_6912.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #584 of 894
Oct 4, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #585 of 894

Users who are viewing this thread

Back