Campfire Audio Trifecta
Aug 31, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #541 of 919
Aug 31, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #542 of 919
Not gonna lie...I'm tempted. Especially considering how great of a deal one can score on a 1Z these days. The VE 10 is the next thing on my sites and if nothing else comes up in SoCal this may be my next big audio goal.
I'll bring mine to SoCal so you can listen for yourself. I think it's worth the money, esp if you go the WM1A route. You can score a great condition WM1A for about 400 bucks. With the mod, you can get the 'best' Generation 1 Sony house sound. WM1ZM2/DMP Z1 is the Generation 2 of Sony's evolving house sound. Gen 1 goes for bass, Gen 2 goes for mids imho.

Aug 31, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #543 of 919
Can you still get this mod, and how much does it cost?

Power to him for that lol

I've said it before and I'll say it again-- variety is the spice of life and I'm supre grateful there are some companies out there like CFA who are doing their own thing and not bowing down to industry trends.
Agreed, you can't argue with the result. I've tried a LOT of headphones and iems, and there's only one other that bowled me over like Trifecta and it was a full sized open back flagship headphone lol.

Hopefully more manufacturers take a more artistic approach to tuning and engineering with at least some of their products. Nightjar have done this with their new dynamic iems and they are also so enjoyable, I spoke to them in person at canjam London and in a similar way to Ken, they created a product for their tastes with a lot of attention to things like timbre and feel. Imo that's what makes a great experience in a piece of audio gear, plenty of reference stuff on the market now if you want that Harman sound.

Aug 31, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #544 of 919
It's not cheap but stacked alongside the fact that you can score a used 1Z for a pretty good price these days, and the fact that the 1Z was built to last and a used one will likely function for years to come...it's actually fairly enticing for me.
I would definitely try compare the stock + mod versions first if you can before you sink the cash.

Sep 5, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #545 of 919
Cross posted in the Watercooler...I had to share this here to as Trifecta was MADE for this.

_________

I came across this story on FB:

Screen Shot 2023-09-05 at 7.03.44 PM.png

As a lover of great sound (and great bass) I had to hear this thing for myself. It did not disappoint:

Sep 12, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #547 of 919
I'm thinking of buying a trifecta. what can you as owners say? what should i expect worth the price? what are your strengths and weaknesses? comfortable?
Four words: try before you buy. You can read all the impressions and reviews you like, but Trifecta is one of those IEMs you have to hear for yourself with you own music and sources. Some love it, some hate it, very few in-between. I can tell you it's one of the best IEMs I've heard with the right music, but that's not going to help your if you music and preferences are different to mine.

Sep 13, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #548 of 919
Received my Divinus shipment and trying out their Sound Filter 2.0 and Velvet tips on my Trifecta. I love the overall sound profile of the Trifecta but the treble heat at times is hard for me to handle.

Some initial impressions - before and after testing on Fleetwood Mac’s Don’t Stop, I can now hear Lindsey Buckingham’s vocal with noticeably less sizzle, and Mick Fleetwood’s cymbal strikes no longer give me a zing. On The Police’s Walking On The Moon, Stewart Copeland’s high hat taps no longer sound as shrill, and Sting’s falsetto sounds more measured. On The Beatles’ Something, George Harrison has less spike on his S notes.

On none of these test songs am I hearing muffled mids or tempered bass.

Promising results so far. Hat tip @gLer!

Attachments

• IMG_4805.jpeg
    IMG_4805.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4808.jpeg
    IMG_4808.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #550 of 919
Received my Divinus shipment and trying out their Sound Filter 2.0 and Velvet tips on my Trifecta. I love the overall sound profile of the Trifecta but the treble heat at times is hard for me to handle.
Forgot to add that I'm in the US and ordered these directly from @Divinus via WhatsApp (thanks to @gLer for the connection). Happy to share that contact info via PM. Divinus tells me they do not yet have a US distributor. My order took less than 2 weeks to arrive via EMS.

Sep 13, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #551 of 919
I'm thinking of buying a trifecta. what can you as owners say? what should i expect worth the price? what are your strengths and weaknesses? comfortabl
I'm thinking of buying a trifecta. what can you as owners say? what should i expect worth the price? what are your strengths and weaknesses? comfortable?
?

Sep 13, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #552 of 919
Forgot to add that I'm in the US and ordered these directly from @Divinus via WhatsApp (thanks to @gLer for the connection). Happy to share that contact info via PM. Divinus tells me they do not yet have a US distributor. My order took less than 2 weeks to arrive via EMS.
I did the same! Mine also arrived less than 2 weeks. Shout out to @gLer for the assist.

Sep 13, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #553 of 919
Sep 13, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #554 of 919

There are presently 37 pages in this thread that should answer all of your questions. Have you looked through it. Trifecta is my favorite IEM but I have nothing to say beyond what I've already said in my review or elsewhere in this thread. @gLer already gave the best advice you'll receive-- try before you buy. Go blind on this IEM and you may have spent $3k on something that is not for you-- overlook it and you may miss out on one of the most singular, satisfying and unique experiences on the whole IEM landscape right now.

Sep 13, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #555 of 919
There are presently 37 pages in this thread that should answer all of your questions. Have you looked through it. Trifecta is my favorite IEM but I have nothing to say beyond what I've already said in my review or elsewhere in this thread. @gLer already gave the best advice you'll receive-- try before you buy. Go blind on this IEM and you may have spent $3k on something that is not for you-- overlook it and you may miss out on one of the most singular, satisfying and unique experiences on the whole IEM landscape right now.
I don't want to miss it :D I planned to save money and buy this. a dream would come true. I was just wondering if someone would talk me out of it, because it has bigger problems. Do you use an AK sr35 in the trifecta inear? does this bring out its maximum potential? can the trifecta approach the performance of fir audio xe6 and radon 6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back