Campfire Audio Trifecta
Sep 13, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #556 of 894
Received my Divinus shipment and trying out their Sound Filter 2.0 and Velvet tips on my Trifecta. I love the overall sound profile of the Trifecta but the treble heat at times is hard for me to handle.

Some initial impressions - before and after testing on Fleetwood Mac’s Don’t Stop, I can now hear Lindsey Buckingham’s vocal with noticeably less sizzle, and Mick Fleetwood’s cymbal strikes no longer give me a zing. On The Police’s Walking On The Moon, Stewart Copeland’s high hat taps no longer sound as shrill, and Sting’s falsetto sounds more measured. On The Beatles’ Something, George Harrison has less spike on his S notes.

On none of these test songs am I hearing muffled mids or tempered bass.

Promising results so far. Hat tip @gLer!
So, does velvet keep the trifecta's mids and lows, but rounds out the highs? did you notice anything different about the voice signature?

Sep 13, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #557 of 894
I don't want to miss it :D I planned to save money and buy this. a dream would come true. I was just wondering if someone would talk me out of it, because it has bigger problems. Do you use an AK sr35 in the trifecta inear? does this bring out its maximum potential?

I use the SR35 when I'm on the go-- it's a very convenient portable player with great battery life that sounds amazing with Trifecta. One of the best things about it is that it has a 20 band EQ which helps me fine tune the sound just how I like. Does it bring Trifecta to its maximum potential? No-- for that I rely on my LP6 through which the soundstage increases in all directions and the sound becomes more authoritative and refined on the whole. The SR35 is more than good enough for "on the go" though.

can the trifecta approach the performance of fir audio xe6 and radon 6?

It depends what you're after and what you listen to. Each of those 3 IEMs stands on its own and can do somethign the other two cannot. The Radon 6 is to me something of a reference monitor and as such is the odd man out and in a different universe than either the Trifecta or Xe6.

For my tastes the Trifecta runs circles around the Xe6, which I've never really connected with. That said I will say that as a tribrid the Xe6 is more measured, focused and technical in its presentation-- the resolution, articulation and top end extenstion you get in the mids and highs on Xe6 is something the Trifecta cannot compete with. The bone conduction adds some secret sauce also. If driver speed is important for what you want or listen to the Xe6 is likely the better choice. That said the Xe6 cannot compete with the Trifecta's MASSIVE sound, singular coherence and utter faithfulness to its balls-to-the wall immersively bombastic bass-driven aesthetic.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #558 of 894
I use the SR35 when I'm on the go-- it's a very convenient portable player with great battery life that sounds amazing with Trifecta. One of the best things about it is that it has a 20 band EQ which helps me fine tune the sound just how I like. Does it bring Trifecta to its maximum potential? No-- for that I rely on my LP6 through which the soundstage increases in all directions and the sound becomes more authoritative and refined on the whole. The SR35 is more than good enough for "on the go" though.

It depends what you're after and what you listen to. Each of those 3 IEMs stands on its own and can do somethign the other two cannot. The Radon 6 is to me something of a reference monitor and as such is the odd man out and in a different universe than either the Trifecta or Xe6.

For my tastes the Trifecta runs circles around the Xe6, which I've never really connected with. That said I will say that as a tribrid the Xe6 is more measured, focused and technical in its presentation-- the resolution, articulation and top end extenstion you get in the mids and highs on Xe6 is something the Trifecta cannot compete with. The bone conduction adds some secret sauce also. If driver speed is important for what you want or listen to the Xe6 is likely the better choice. That said the Xe6 cannot compete with the Trifecta's MASSIVE sound, singular coherence and utter faithfulness to its balls-to-the wall immersively bombastic bass-driven aesthetic.
What does LP6 stand for? I also have an AK sr35 and love it. but I plan to use the trifecta at home with a desktop dac and a desktop amplifier. I think it scales well, and it will also have a calmer, smoother, more spacious sound from a desktop system than from a portable one.

so is the trifecta one of the best quality, layered, textured, toned bass inears on the market right now? like planar over-ear headphones. it has weight and energy, deep as hell? and that gives the whole basis of his sound?

I am primarily a deep bass worshiper. I listen to jazz, blues,techno, hip-hop, pop, classical.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #560 of 894
this is quite a definite statement, but I believe in my intuition, in your opinions, there is a pretty unanimous opinion about it everywhere, I think it cannot be dismissed. I already have it for half the price, I will buy it within a month. I hope it will really be able to show something that no one else can, and it will entertain you for many hours with its unique deep bass performance.in the meantime I will read the whole thread from the beginning.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #561 of 894
I already have it for half the price, I will buy it within a month.
Ummmm this is an amazing deal if this is true. I would not pass it up.

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #563 of 894
So, does velvet keep the trifecta's mids and lows, but rounds out the highs? did you notice anything different about the voice signature?
So far in several hours of testing, yes that is how I would describe what I hear. Voice signature slightly more relaxed.

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #564 of 894
So far in several hours of testing, yes that is how I would describe what I hear. Voice signature slightly more relaxed.
What is the quality of the trifecta factory eartips ? I currently use spinfit w1 on other models, but there is also divinus velvet, which I have never used before, and alza sednafit xelastec, which I have also not tried yet.

Sep 14, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #565 of 894
Received my Divinus shipment and trying out their Sound Filter 2.0 and Velvet tips on my Trifecta. I love the overall sound profile of the Trifecta but the treble heat at times is hard for me to handle.

Some initial impressions - before and after testing on Fleetwood Mac’s Don’t Stop, I can now hear Lindsey Buckingham’s vocal with noticeably less sizzle, and Mick Fleetwood’s cymbal strikes no longer give me a zing. On The Police’s Walking On The Moon, Stewart Copeland’s high hat taps no longer sound as shrill, and Sting’s falsetto sounds more measured. On The Beatles’ Something, George Harrison has less spike on his S notes.

On none of these test songs am I hearing muffled mids or tempered bass.

Promising results so far. Hat tip @gLer!
Glad they arrived and you find them.useful 😁
For me.its the filters that make the difference. I don't use the Velvet tips for Trifecta.

Sep 15, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #567 of 894
Sep 15, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #568 of 894
the problem is, I put the inear in for a few hours, let's say 2-3 hours and something starts to bite my right ear, half an hour goes by, then this 2-3 second stabbing pain appears every 15 minutes. and I literally have to take it out of my ear because it makes me gag. yesterday my left ear started to burn. I use spinfit w1, it is made of medical rubber of good quality. so it's unlikely that I'm using poor quality, that's why it's irritating. It is the same with small and medium fitting, large does not fit. I simply can't stand it after a while... I have no idea what the solution is, if there is one at all. has it ever happened to you that any inear was so uncomfortable in your ears that you would have preferred to pull it out of its place? and did any of you have such a few seconds of penetrating pain? I have a tip, maybe my auditory bone or nerves are weak and this physical pain is caused by continuous hours of pressure. The only problem is that it does the same with the smallest and medium-sized joints. trifecta so I won't buy it if this problem doesn't go away.

Sep 15, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #570 of 894
the problem is, I put the inear in for a few hours, let's say 2-3 hours and something starts to bite my right ear, half an hour goes by, then this 2-3 second stabbing pain appears every 15 minutes. and I literally have to take it out of my ear because it makes me gag. yesterday my left ear started to burn. I use spinfit w1, it is made of medical rubber of good quality. so it's unlikely that I'm using poor quality, that's why it's irritating. It is the same with small and medium fitting, large does not fit. I simply can't stand it after a while... I have no idea what the solution is, if there is one at all. has it ever happened to you that any inear was so uncomfortable in your ears that you would have preferred to pull it out of its place? and did any of you have such a few seconds of penetrating pain? I have a tip, maybe my auditory bone or nerves are weak and this physical pain is caused by continuous hours of pressure. The only problem is that it does the same with the smallest and medium-sized joints. trifecta so I won't buy it if this problem doesn't go away.

I’ve never experienced pain per se but I’ve let go of a good many sets due to fit issues of one sort or another. It’s a fact of life of this hobby. I still have not yet nailed the fit with my Singularity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back