Campfire Audio IO
Apr 26, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #47 of 498
Oh I know, I've owned them before and felt they were one of the few things in audio (that I have tried) worth their full asking price. I know I'll like them, but Campfire is such an exciting brand. Their in ears are gorgeous and they seem to be trying things other brands don't. I've owned their Orion's and felt like the mids, separation and build were way beyond their price point. I've also tried the Lyra 1's and...they're eh.

Ya I’ve been using my Orion as dailies for about half a year now and love them. Great enjoyment to them.

I’m going to get my gf to get me these IOs for my birthday. Just waiting for some comprisons and reviews. Let’s hope they don’t sound like the CA Novas though which also used to be dual BA but sounded too dark.

Apr 26, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #48 of 498
Pretty sure IO is for Input Output and pronounced "Eye-Oh" as well. A great example of other places this is used would be Google's conference called Google IO. Or Google I/O.

Seems like everyone Google'd IO but didn't Google Google IO or Google I/O :dt880smile:

Apr 26, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #50 of 498
Pretty sure IO is for Input Output and pronounced "Eye-Oh" as well. A great example of other places this is used would be Google's conference called Google IO. Or Google I/O.

Seems like everyone Google'd IO but didn't Google Google IO or Google I/O :dt880smile:

Doesn't make much sense if almost all of the name of their products are space related

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #53 of 498
Interested in seeing how these stack up against the well received ATH LS200 (also 2BA setup) as well as Massdrop Plus (same pricepoint). At the minimum hopefully it's better than the Nova which is the only campfire IEM in my book that I deemed a failure.

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #54 of 498
It’s communication oriented in concept, I think
Why would Io (and I concede it is confusedly spelled both Io and IO on CA's website) stand for anything other than the moon when every other CA IEM is named after a celestial object?

Apr 26, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #59 of 498
Really looking forward for some reviews... I was about to pull the trigger yesterday night but I contained myself to just wait some few more days. It is a bit more expensive to buy those from France because of shipping and possibly import fees. I think I paid nearly 200€ of import fees on my CA Cascade + cable deal from black friday.
I really love the aesthetics of the IO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back