Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 11, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #8,251 of 9,829
[Mod Edited]

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask how are the microphonics on the SXC 8 cable? That is something that drives me insane as I'm always moving even when in my chair.
Both the Ref 8 and the SXC 8 are very microphonic, with the SXC 8 being the worst. On the other hand, the stock cable is excellent in this regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 11, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #8,252 of 9,829
My personal experience has told me that the thing that makes the most difference is the headphone/iem itself. Everything else is playing in the margins. Swapping cables, even sources are only going to make small differences. I realize thats not really the prevailing wisdom here, but thats how I have experienced things.[...]

Don't worry, you're not the only one to live in this reality. :wink:

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #8,253 of 9,829
[Mod Edited]

Both the Ref 8 and the SXC 8 are very microphonic, with the SXC 8 being the worst. On the other hand, the stock cable is excellent in this regard.

[Mod Edited]

Thanks for taking the time to respond about the microphonics of the cables but I already ordered and sent them back in the time it took someone to answer about them.

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #8,254 of 9,829
[Mod Edited]

Thanks for taking the time to respond about the microphonics of the cables but I already ordered and sent them back in the time it took someone to answer about them.

[Mod Edited]

While I happen to agree with the sentiment of the other user, as I personally have never heard any real significant difference between cables/daps/etc, I would never claim that others don't, nor I would I tell anyone they are spending their own money wrong.

But yeah, ref 8 had terrible ergonomics, was stuff and very very microphonic and I personally heard no difference between it and the included Vega cable back when I owned it.

Oct 11, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #8,255 of 9,829
Let me share a really weird experience with Andro. I tried the Dita Oslo cable and it noticibly changed the sound in a bad way, making the mids sound really weird. I wonder if the cable has high impedance? Perhaps the CA Andro cables are all low impedances.

Actually, higher impedance ahould be beneficial. I can't imagine cable impedance going higher than 4 ohms.

Should a $500 cable make iems sound worse. Please no.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #8,256 of 9,829
Let me share a really weird experience with Andro. I tried the Dita Oslo cable and it noticibly changed the sound in a bad way, making the mids sound really weird. I wonder if the cable has high impedance? Perhaps the CA Andro cables are all low impedances.

Should a $500 cable make iems sound worse. Please no.

Sometimes cables just don’t match well, I think the PW Audio Loki 8 wire is like an $800? USD cable and it was an awful pair up with my Legend X but an amazing silver cable.

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #8,257 of 9,829
I want to give thanks and a shoutout to the folks who recommended the Symbio W tips for the Andromeda Gold. I just got my delivery today and spent a couple hours with them. They are amazing. Thanks again. I still find it interesting how much the tips make a difference on Campfire Audio IEMs.

Oct 11, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #8,258 of 9,829
Symbio W best tips with Andros.

Oct 12, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #8,260 of 9,829
anyone compared Symbio W with Spinfit CP500? the CP500 in M fits my ear perfectly, leave a perfect seal and I can wear the Andro for hours without issue.

I tried Spiral Dot MS / M and neither fits my ears, there are tons of leakage and they fall off very quickly no matter how I adjust them.

I wonder if I should go through trying the Symbio W. Is the fit similar to Spiral Dots or Spinfit?

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #8,262 of 9,829
The Andromeda Special Edition: Gold sure sounds good. Really enjoyable. :)

photo_2019-10-12_18-03-38.jpg

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #8,264 of 9,829

Users who are viewing this thread

Back